Bad Syntax leads to unintended actions

So Parua pulled out her figurine with over 20k esteem to defile a shrine of Viravain, and due to an accidentaly semicolon in the wrong place, ended up offering the whole thing. Which is INCREDIBLY out of character for her, not to mention she was saving that esteem for other purposes.

I don't suppose if I ISSUE I could get it back? Or is it gone forever? 
(I'm thinking gone forever, but one hopes)
A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."

Comments

• You could try, but it's pretty unlikely they'll do anything about it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's gone forever, I'm afraid. Sorry :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited February 2014

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lady Viravain thanks you for your generous donation to Her Order.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2013
    Iasmos said:
    How did you accidentally offer it? You should have been in a sanctified room, not the room with the shrine. That may be a part of the problem.
    I was down by the dwarves at the shrine of Roark, and I saw the shrine, but didnt see any sanctified rooms, so I thought I would try to defile it to see if there were other rooms. 

The command I imputted was offer figurine; to defile and that killed the whole thing as an offering due to mudlet seeing semicolons as line breaks T_T
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • Morkarion said:
    Lady Viravain thanks you for your generous donation to Her Order.
    It's sad that she's listed in the top 6 of the people who have offered to Viravain over a very long time.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I need to top that list... how far ahead can Raggy possibly be?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:
    I need to top that list... how far ahead can Raggy possibly be?
    -[Player]----------[Offers]----[Deaths]----[Powers]----[Affinity]---------[Net]-
     Ragniliff     256,966,286     -64,998  -2,600,000       456,000   254,757,288
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Parua said:
    Iasmos said:
    How did you accidentally offer it? You should have been in a sanctified room, not the room with the shrine. That may be a part of the problem.
    I was down by the dwarves at the shrine of Roark, and I saw the shrine, but didnt see any sanctified rooms, so I thought I would try to defile it to see if there were other rooms. 

The command I imputted was offer figurine; to defile and that killed the whole thing as an offering due to mudlet seeing semicolons as line breaks T_T
    You can change it in the settings.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Parua said:
    Iasmos said:
    Snip
    You can change it in the settings.
    I actually like semicolons as linebreaks, it makes my life easier with alchemy
    I just wish the syntax to offer something flat and offer to defile  were different

like OFFER FIGURINE  and DEFILE SHRINE WITH FIGURINE
  • That sounds like it can easily be achieved with your own alias. Call it 'defile' and it sends OFFER FIGURINE TO DEFILE?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    That sounds like it can easily be achieved with your own alias. Call it 'defile' and it sends OFFER FIGURINE TO DEFILE?
    Sometimes it's the simpler solutions that escape us.

Done and done. No more accidentally offering up a weeks worth of esteem to your enemy's divinity
  • So you can use semicolons to input multiple commands?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    If you use an external client, you can set it to almost anything. I set mine to the | key, which I never use outside of that.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • You can, and you can also change it in Mudlet. I have it set to \ because I like to use semicolons in dialogue and emotes.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I use double commas
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"