QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Laysus said:
    So. I'm feeling like a bit of a git, so figured I'd post this
    See I always thought this thread was meant to be in good spirits with jovial sense of humour, not being an ass to point out other people's mistakes on things they've never done before.

Like forgetting to anchor your guards so one person walks in and butchers 50 of them.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Kio said:
    Ummmm. I would rather not be quoted without permission. :( Also, no. Neither of us had done battlechess before. Afterthought: It's also pretty cool that none of you spoke up and said something about Chesschat being a shared aether between the teams. You obviously figured out we didn't know. :(
    I almost said something, but there was also the possibility that you guys were using it to throw us off. You Glomfolk are sneaky like that, so for all Parua knew, it was a ploy to make Seren underestimate you.

But it still made me feel a little squicky
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • edited October 2013
    But now you know!
  • No one is raging.  I simply asked politely to be removed from the quote because it hurt my feelings on an OOC level.  :-/

Also, yes, we would have giggled.  Then we would have mentioned it to them, and definitely not let it go all game and then post it on the forums.
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, there's some bitter showing it's head, it's nothing new though really.

Anyway this is a quotes thread, gief quotes!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2013
    You say to Crek, "I found out an easy way to die."
    Crek tilts his head and listens intently to you.
    You say to Crek, "Sing the never ending song to a group of Magnagorans."
    Penumbra Crek Ysav'rai, Servant of Shadows says to you, "I do believe that would work."
    Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "It is the song that never ends?"
    Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "So it goes on and on again?"
    You say, "It goes on and on, my friend."
    Penumbra Crek Ysav'rai, Servant of Shadows says to Malarious, "Truly, someone just started singing, having no idea at all."
    Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "Why would you... start singing it, knowing what it was?"
    Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath says, "Now you might continue singing it forever just because!"
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Ryboi D'Varden says to Xena, "Caerlyr's Pooka."

NOTHING MORE NEEDS BE SAID!

:D

(Yes, I'm immature and the pooka amuses me).
  • edited October 2013
    Tridemon said:
    Faedamaewyn steps out of Trader Bob, trailing sparkling motes of light.

O_O Bob? Are you all right?
    oh my GODS! Is that really what happens? I have officially lost it all.
    eDIT: IT IS WHAT HAPPENS THERE ARE LEGIT TEARS I AM CRYING I HAVE LOST ALL OF IT SEND HELP!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Tridemon said:

oh my GODS! Is that really what happens? I have officially lost it all.
    eDIT: IT IS WHAT HAPPENS THERE ARE LEGIT TEARS I AM CRYING I HAVE LOST ALL OF IT SEND HELP!
    Yes, that's REALLY what happens. It treats Bob like a nexus.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    [Covenant] (Blacktalon): Kio (from the Aetherways) says, "Vadi, I love you. Just sayin'"

[Covenant] (Blacktalon): Vadi (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "Buh."

(Ebonguard): You say, "*ahem*."

[Covenant] (Blacktalon): Kio (from the Aetherways) says, "Ahem. Pardon that. Spent a little too much time on Astral."

I knew we had this Covenant for a reason :D

• (clan): Kio (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "*explodes all over Lyora*."

Context not required.
  • Tridemon said:

Bob needs to get outside some. Standing still so long you qualify as a nexus or milestone cannot be healthy.

we should hook him up on valentine's day.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (Newbie): Scaron says, "Help! I'm stuck in the Aetherplex chamber. How do I get out???"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • With a loud yet playful whistle, a mechanical dirigible comes puttering in on currents of air, its metallic claw grasping a divinely wrapped present, which it quickly deposits in your hands.

You quickly unwrap a divinely wrapped present, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a pair of voluminous granny panties, a pair of voluminous granny panties, a pair of voluminous granny panties, a pair of voluminous granny panties, and a pair of voluminous granny panties from within.

Okay, this made me laugh. I know who it was, but it made me giggle.

• (A Clan): Entrias says, "Dunno. Alts suck anyway."
  • An unassuming aethership [Ship] sails away in a southerly direction.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    An unassuming aethership [Ship] sails in from the north.
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23630-will *x*]
    An unassuming aethership [Ship] sails away in a southerly direction.
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23630-will *x*]
    (Peasantface): Ssaliss says, "Uh."
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23630-will *x*]turret target ship ship

You tune the weapon module to target an unassuming aethership [Ship].
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23625-will **]
    (Peasantface): Ankastra says, "Lol."
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23625-will **]
    A battle turret whirrs quietly, ready to be used once again.
    [3150-hull, 10-power, no damage, 23625-will *x*]turret fire

The floor shakes as you fire astray.

Yeah, this ship completely failed at being unassuming.

(There was a lot of laughing about the name, though)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Don't make fun of my ship!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    I totally forgot it was you (and don't have the list on my laptop, sorry!)

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    (Random Halli Clan): Person says, "And I think it's all spheres....I can remember just randomly sticking stuff in fleshpots in Gaudi."

Context unimportant.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde has been destroyed by a black dragon.
    Diamat has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at Bottom stairs.  (?)
    Calendre has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at A Crackling Chamber Deep Within the Aetherfoal.  (?)
    Parua has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at First gunner's station.  (?)
    Glevich has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at Third gunner's station.  (?)
    Steingrim has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at Empath Pit.  (?)
    Avurekhos has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at Second gunner's station.  (?)
    Caerlyr has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at On the Bridge.  (5335, 30066, 19853, ...)
    Rhynn has died in the imploded wreckage of Nierrta, Gentle Winged Beauty of the Wilde.
    You see the death occur at A Crackling Chamber Deep Within the Aetherfoal.  (?)
    Seraku screams abhorrently and tears at his eyes with his fingernails before shifting and falling 
    silent.
  • Not new, but it certainly piqued my interest. Reading events news posts about Glomdoring, I stumbled into post 42:

As the creature rose up into the air, it spread its enormous dark wings, revealing the Great Spirits of Crow and Mother Night and the two goddesses, each now with their own body, entwined nakedly around each other. The Great Spirits of Glomdoring took the skies to flank the great creature, while a weeping Isune fled to the Havens, crying for forgiveness. Meanwhile, the soft laughter of the newly restored Viravain resonated through the air as she mounted the great beast.

I see.