Selling esteem in a shop

So, just a simple question, I noticed that when I sell my esteem not all of it shows up. I just want to confirm it's intended to be this way.

If I have a figurine with 500 esteem... there will only be 475 for sale in my shop, a 5% loss.

I know there is loss when moving from one figurine to another, but I thought that was always on the part of the buyer, not the seller.

Can anyone provide clarification for this? I guess I just don't understand why 5% is missing.

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• If they buy 95 and 100 is drained from my figurine - I should be paid for all 100, not just 95. Does this happen?
  • That doesn't make sense to me, but... ok.
  • If I buy 100 units, and pay the price agreed for 100 units, I should get 100 units. I should not suddenly be out 5 units. The shopowner has the option to raise their prices 5% to cover the difference, which is much easier and more natural than requiring the buyer to remember they need to pay for 5% extra.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    The 5% "tax" has existed a long time now - it comes into play whenever you transfer esteem between figurines - so if you transfer 100 esteem from figurine A to figurine B, 95 will transfer and 5 will be lost. Same concept in shops, except the customer does not pay for the disappearing esteem, the tax is the owners responsibility.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Two things are certain in Lusternia: taxes and Shaddus.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.