Dingbat Items!

2»

Comments

• MoiMoi
    edited October 2013
    An item that lets you store more esteem in your personal esteem reserve.
    An item that lets you do the equivalent of LOOK <person> and LOOK AT <thing> ON <person> remotely.
    A Needle of Unpiercing that allows jewelers to unpierce a bodypart.
    An item that is like a Glamrock, but for tattoos.
    E: Flower Rune. ATTACH RUNE TO <flower> then FLOWERPOWER <otherflower> WITH <flower> to transform the target flower into the same type as the runed flower.
  • I like all of these ideas.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2013
    Fuzzygidget's polychromatic bridle of splendor - attaching this bridle works exactly like a collar of the dracnari beastmaster. In addition, your mount will change appearance at every weave as if zimoru'd.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Morkarion said:
    Gargle's Doll-O-Matic Recycler - The ultimate doll item, place your unwanted doll in the machine and recieve an entirely random one. This also includes retired dolls! Usable once per Lusternian month.
    I love it...then I can get rid of my dirty Seren dolls....

Needs moar Glom dolls!!
  • Iasmos said:
    "Quest bot" generator manse item.
    I like this.  Make it an item that lets the owner of the manse create a neat little quest in their manse.  Would bring great flavour to manses and could even be used for Guild or Org manses to create quests for "Rites of Passage" type things.
  • An artifact that you can touch that will teleport you to your manse.

TOUCH <thing> to attune it while standing at fulcrux.  Not changeable, non-refundable, must buy new one for each manse.  Resets like most arties.

TOUCH again to teleport you to your manse, with the same rules as any bix.
  • I'd probably pay to allow me to have my fae talk and emote, like some custom beasts. Not sure how well it would work with the new guardian guilds, but angels and demons could probably use this, too.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Zilias said:
    An artifact that you can touch that will teleport you to your manse.

TOUCH <thing> to attune it while standing at fulcrux.  Not changeable, non-refundable, must buy new one for each manse.  Resets like most arties.

TOUCH again to teleport you to your manse, with the same rules as any bix.
    Only if other trans level trade abilities become available as artifacts too, since that is virtually identical to the transcendent artisan ability, attaching your seal to a piece of furniture in your manse and being able to teleport to it from anywhere (with varying power costs depending on your location)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Wand of Generous Longevity.

Can tap any dingbat or artifact item owned by the wand owner, tapped items that are loaned out will return to the owner at the start of the next weave, and not sooner.

You may not tap a Wand of Generous Longevity with another Wand of Generous Longevity.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• That wand idea is awesome.
  • It'd be great to get more value out of your current artifacts, as you could give them to family members / guild novices / anyone else you like to play around with. I dare say if people got to test artifacts more, like we've had bandits that dropped temporary versions of it, it'd help people in deciding which ones to spend money on. I thought whips were a luxury item, but thanks to Morkarion I got a chance to test it and am totally sold on the idea. So yeah, if this becomes a thing, I sorta am responsible for inspiring the idea ;)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'll be honest I'll just pay to not have to log on every hour and give stuff away.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It also comes with a built-in risk that you need to be able to trust the person to whom the artifact is being lent to pass it on before logging out themselves. Not sure if that was intended, but I see it as a positive thing, since it means the wand functions as a tradeoff rather than just a way to loan out items indefinitely. Someone logged out with your Wand-ed Cubix and you want to hunt Astral critters? Well then next time be more careful who gets it after tapping the wand.

Would an artifact that allowed melders to <type>CAST <terrain> from their reserves be amiss? IE: Amulet of Surging Tides/Quaking Earth/Primal Growth/Putrid Infestation/Erupting Flame/Raging Winds: You may power your AQUACAST FLOOD/GEOCAST TAINT/FORESTCAST FOREST/FORESTCAST INFEST/PYROCAST COMBUST/AEROCAST CONDENSATE from your reserves rather than your active pool.

It would apply only to the base ability, not the FORCEd version to avoid even lengthier meld-fights. Primarily I'd want this to make re-terraining villages after successful revolt captures less of a pain.