What size is your wrap width?

edited October 2013 in Common Grounds
Since I am very old school, I tend to limit the wrap width to no more than 80, which means I code tables, etc. to be no wider than that. However, others strongly think I need to allow for wider tables. So in that regard, I'd like to get some sense of what players are using.

Comments

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    To be more specific, mine is set to 0, which I imagine is the same a lot of people.
  • Okay, well, if it's set to 0, it uses the maximum of your output window width which I guess is what I'm asking.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Oh! I have Mudlet's wrap set to 100. Sadly I don't appear to be able to revote.
  • Yeah, my width is above average.
  • edited October 2013
    155 since I have a little mini-map in the bottom left of my window, it takes up 250 pixels of width.
  • I have my client on a 1920x1200 screen, though I'm using only a third of the screen for the main output. The left and side of the screen have dedicated things like a tabbed chat, map view and so on. I have noticed that using a small font this sometimes results in very long sentences which makes reading comprehension hard.

I'd say as long as tables are clearly formatted, they could do with being wider. It would help if we could perhaps (ingame) see some tables in the larger format to judge what feels best.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Mine is 150.

Books and helpfiles look so cramped in their 80-width box. :(
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I should have read ahead before voting. Mine is 0 too in game but looks like 160 client side. Sorry for skewing your poll >_>

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Um... while my ingame is set to 0 to let my client handle it, my client wrapwidth is exactly 100... I don't know which option to pick :(
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'm running 1440x900, but use about half the screen for mapping, astrology info, and chat. Also, seeing 80, 100, and 120 each included in multiple options makes me twitch.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2013
    Mine's 0.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2013
    Half the people who picked less than 80 were picking 0. We need a new poll!
  • Mine is set to wrapwidth 0 ingame, and is 80 characters long in my output.
This discussion has been closed.