What Should I Learn Next?

Currently, the state of my skills is:

Combat at Expert (Head stance)
Resilience at Inept
Discernment at Gifted (Illusions Realitycheck)
Lowmagic at Inept
Planar at Expert (Conglutination)
Discipline at Fabled (FocusMind)
Environment at Expert (Tumble)
Influence at Virtuoso (Wheedling)
Dramatics at Inept
Arts at Inept
Beastmastery at Mythical (Poison)
Aethercraft at Novice (Offerings)

Herbs at Inept

All three guild skills (Nature/Wicca, Totems/Night, and Astrology) are Transcendent.

I'm not sure where to best pour lessons into, with the goal to be more-or-less combat-ready. I realize that combat here is based on Demigod and 'omni' Trans, of course, but since that seems like a fairly far-away finish line for now, I decided to ask here. What should I learn next?

Best Answer

• KioKio
    edited October 2013 Accepted Answer
    Eodh said:
    Currently, the state of my skills is:

Combat at Expert (Head stance)
    Resilience at Inept
    Discernment at Gifted (Illusions Realitycheck)
    Lowmagic at Inept
    Planar at Expert (Conglutination)
    Discipline at Fabled (FocusMind)
    Environment at Expert (Tumble)
    Influence at Virtuoso (Wheedling)
    Dramatics at Inept
    Arts at Inept
    Beastmastery at Mythical (Poison)
    Aethercraft at Novice (Offerings)

Herbs at Inept

All three guild skills (Nature/Wicca, Totems/Night, and Astrology) are Transcendent.

I'm not sure where to best pour lessons into, with the goal to be more-or-less combat-ready. I realize that combat here is based on Demigod and 'omni' Trans, of course, but since that seems like a fairly far-away finish line for now, I decided to ask here. What should I learn next?

[[[[ QUUUUUUOOOOOOOTESSSSSSS SUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK ]]]]

Green in Lowmagic.  Without it, you have no way of curing greenlocks (slitthroat/crushedthroat + prone + slickness).  The only way to cure out, if you are by yourself, is Green.  And no, do not count on Healing (the skill) to get you out of a lock of any sorta, ever.  Any number of things can go wrong, considering burnout and that your passives will always run out at the worst of times.

Trans Combat.  Shieldstun is situationaly useful, but more combat means more stances.  It also increases the effectiveness of your parry.  Without more combat, you are nothing but a sapling to any warrior or monk worth his or her salt.

From here, there are options to fit your play style.

Trans Lowmagic: Serpent -is a godsend-.  Not to mention, you need to have Blizzard in Lowmagic to have your snoefaasia make the snowman that help hinder movement (this is a key to SD meteor kills).

Trans Resilience: SDs are already pretty beefy.  This will shoot your DMP up quite a bit.  And oh yea... shrugging is a thing.

Trans Discipline: Focus Spirit is pretty much negligible, really.  The key thing here is that the more Discipline you have, the faster you regain power (at Trans Discipline, you regain 1p every eight seconds).  This should not be your priority because you are Astrology.  Astro is the least dependent on power for SD.  99% of your offense is waiting for a good meteor opportunity.  Not to mention meteor doesn't cost power.

Trans Influence: CharismaticAura will save your butt from time to time.

Answers

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Seconding that your guild skills for the first port of call, after that it really does depend on your focus in game.

This isn't me taking a cheap escape from the thread, but PvE/PvP/Types of gaming style dependant on either - really do have different skillsets to focus on.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• In addition to what Kio said above, unless Moondancer Succumb has changed since it was a SD ability, a Moondancer hexen will completely destroy your mana in a very short amount of time until you get some more lowmagic. Though I'm not sure how active they are in combat currently my time is spent outside Lusternia these days mostly :(.

I know you influence, Charismatic aura will shoot you to demigod fairly quickly, you'll notice your rate at getting experience will increase. (Valonah went from 10% titan to demigod in 24 hours with golden lips, golden tonic, and Ikon bonus and a lot of dedication)
  • Daem said:
    In addition to what Kio said above, unless Moondancer Succumb has changed since it was a SD ability, a Moondancer hexen will completely destroy your mana in a very short amount of time until you get some more lowmagic. Though I'm not sure how active they are in combat currently my time is spent outside Lusternia these days mostly :(.

I know you influence, Charismatic aura will shoot you to demigod fairly quickly, you'll notice your rate at getting experience will increase. (Valonah went from 10% titan to demigod in 24 hours with golden lips, golden tonic, and Ikon bonus and a lot of dedication)

The formula is the same, yes.