Extra Life Charity Gaming Marathon - November 2nd

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited September 2013 in The Real World
Ok, so this year I've decided to join the fun and get a team going for the Extra Life gaming marathon event - the hospital I have chosen to support is Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.

I will primarily be playing Final Fantasy 14 and Diablo 3 and will be streaming my gameplay on twitch.tv on the day.

If anyone wants to join the fun and join my 'team', feel free to head on over to http://extra-life.org and sign up - make sure to join the team "Virtual Dreaming" when you sign up.
You can play any game you want, you don't need to be available that specific day, though it certainly helps - the main condition is that you play for a total of 25 hours some time around November 2nd.  If you know anyone else that might be interested in supporting a good cause, give them a nudge in our direction too - the more, the merrier!

Also, if you want to make a donation and support a good cause in the process, head on over to http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=53289 - Blizzard have added an incentive this year with the following "rewards"

Top Overall Extra Life Fundraising - $60,000

These funds will be unlocked for the hospital whose gamers and sponsors raise the highest dollar amount overall. Top dollar, end of story.

Highest Per Capita Extra Life Fundraising - $40,000

There's no doubt that  big cities have a population advantage, so we’ll divide the Extra Life dollars that you raise by your local population. The highest Extra Life funds raised per capita unlocks an extra $40,000 for your hospital!

Most-Improved Extra Life Fundraising - $20,000

With many local Extra Life efforts just getting started, this is a chance to make a huge leap forward for your hospital with an extra $20,000.

The hospital whose 2013 Extra Life fundraising total is the most improved (percentage-wise) over their 2012 total, will receive this one! But, we factored in that small gaming markets improving slightly can mean huge percentage gains. So the baseline for this award is $5,000.  This means that if your hospital raised less than that in 2012, $5,000 will be treated as the 2012 number and the 2013 total will be compared to that amount.

Please make sure to drop me a message as well, if you decide to sign up, so that I know and can trade contact info with you (skype/trillian/whatever) - Anyone that wants to join the 'team' is welcome, but having Diablo 3 or Final Fantasy 14 will be a definite bonus as those are the two main games I plan to play.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• Good on you to support this. I've already given a large donation to a friend who is also taking part, so I can't really support you also, but it is nice to see more and more people joining up for this.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    NP, thanks for the thought, even spreading the word to any friends that you know that might be gamers 'helps the cause and take part in the event' - there is a lengthy list of hospitals that participants can choose to support from when they sign up.

edited October 2013
    Only three days to go!  I will be gaming starting from midnight November 2nd NZ time (so about 3am Pacific time November 1st) and going through until about 5pm when I will take a break, then continue on again from 11pm until about 5am.

If anyone wants to make a contribution to a good cause, it would certainly be appreciated, or even better, join the fun and try to gather some contributors!

As for me personally, I will be streaming as much as I can on Twitch.tv and will mainly be playing games like Diablo 3, Intake (an indie game by Cipher Prime) and a few other games.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm guessing you're on the US servers, otherwise I'd drop by with my D3 Barb.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:

I've been pestering you since your 100m offering spree to play.

Meanie :(
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I've logged on a couple of times and you weren't around :(

A lot of it now is just waiting for the expansion to come out, I've been reading up a lot on the datamining.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    I can roll on UK if needed - I'm happy to do a speed run from 1-60 as part of Extra Life :)

Not long until the ‪#‎extralifegamingmarathon‬ starts! I will be beginning my effort at 8am NZST (11am October 1st PST) and going through until around 4.30pm, where I will stop for a while since I need to go to work, continuing at 10.30pm NZST and going for the remainder of my time. If you want to watch my game stream while I'm participating, bookmarkhttp://www.twitch.tv/kagato_nz and head over there once I start streaming, also if you want to make a contribution to Los Angeles Childrens Hospital (my charity of choice for this event), head over to http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=53289 - every cent counts!