Christmas Drinks - UK Meet - Revisited

Right, we've been talking about a UK meet for a while but it's never really happened. Sooooo....

Lusternia Christmas Drinks 14th-15th of December or 21st to 22nd of December.

Three choices of location: 

London - for the Southerners.

Newcastle - for the Northerners (there's a lot of us)

Manchester - Meet in the middle.

I can accommodate 2-3 people in Newcastle if we decide to do it up here. London I can possibly put 1-2 people up given enough notice.

Thoughts?

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm in regardless of location.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I will be there!
  • Best for me is Newcastle 14th to 15th or London 21st to 22nd.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited October 2013
    I can do the 15th or the 21st, but sadly only in London due to a mixture of time and money. :( If the majority of people want a northern location though please don't worry about skipping me! December is super busy and devoid of money thanks to astronomical university fees.
  • Oh by accommodate, I mean you can have space on the floor in my living room :p
    As long as I've somewhere I can deploy a sleeping bag, I have no qualms where I'm sleeping.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Woohoo! Definitely. Manchester would be great if we could do that. I can very likely make any dates, however.

I can also accommodate a couple of people if needed, although I'm in Sheffield and you have to pre-accept my -very- weird cat.

Either way, count me in.
    On a side note, I always have two sofas and floor space (with bean bag) if anyone's ever in the Cumbria area. Unrelated to the meet discussion but if you're swinging by, feel free to say hi!

• Glanced over Eurostar prices, they are at 80 euro per ride for the weekend of 14th and about 100 euro per ride for the weekend after. Yay holiday weekends >_< Manchester is doable with Ryanair for me, but for that I'd have to consult with my aunt if / when I can get a lift to there as they fly out of a smaller airport that is a ways beyond Brussels. If so that may be a more affordable option for me unless holiday season tickets cost stupid prices. Shall look into this.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I can do London :D Either weekend should be good :)

Manc's a bit far for me to travel from the south coast.

Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • London's a bit far for Mork, Chade and I! :p
  • :p Bet it's easier for you to get to london than it is for me to get to manc!
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • Ok, ok, let's all stop arguing: everyone can just come to me if that makes it easier! ;)
  • You're a Stokey. You don't count :p

(Eep, Chade is, too)

*flee*
  • Being serious, though. London would be fine. I think we'd all just like to lower costs with it being so close to Christmas and all. Hmmm. Maybe we should create a poll. Chade, you able to edit the thread to shove a poll in?
    I could gladly invade Stoke any time.

I just wanted to mention Cumbria as an aside to any official meet that couches (and one sleeping bag) are on offer to any would-be travellers. Pretty much the entire UK contingent are on my "People I would have a pint with" list.

• Stoke wouldn't actually be too bad for me.

It's all down to duration of journey and costs and stuff. Also, needing to remind myself that crossing london is a lot easier without a heavy 90 litre rucksack and tent and shield, which is how I usually end up travelling. Manc might be doable depending on costs, but given that my general christmas/new years routine involves going from near brighton->weymouth->cardiff->london->home again, I may not have much money left for other train travel afterwards.
  • Wait, who else is from Stoke?
  • Also, sure, when I figure out how to edit I can put a poll up with dates/locations.
  • You're from Brighton, Laysus? Heh. Used to live there.
  • OK before this goes any further, I don't live in Stoke. :P London is good. So is Manchester. But let's not go to Stoke because you think I live there. :D
    edited November 2013
    I feel like people react to being accused of living in Stoke almost as if it was an insult.

I mean what's wrong with Stoke? Home of Robbie Williams, Nick Hancock and.. yeah I'm not making a very convincing argument here.

Anyway work has called me in to do the 21st, so while I can probably weasel out of it, if that's the date people prefer, I've now got an obvious preference for the 14th/15th.

• I come from Stoke originally Mork, I was just curious to see who else did. My mum lived next door to Robbie Williams when he was a kid and used to babysit him :p

Right, looking like 14th or 15th is a good bet.

Everyone happy with saying the 14th of December?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I can't do the 14th, only the 15th - so you have one less southerner to cater to the whims of :)
  • I can do the 14th! I think!
  • I can already see the outcome of this meet: Chade drinking alone.
  • Would be the best date for me too. But no Tacita? Waaaah :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I agree on sadface at no Tacita - I can't do the fifteenth, though, if it's anywhere further north than london, because there won't be much point and I'll have work on the monday.