Heroes of the Storm OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ecv0bT9DEo

I know it's a pointless exercise to get excited given how long blizzard develops games recently... BUT WHO ELSE IS FEELING THE SAME RUSH AS I AM???

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Actually, funny you say that about Blizzard development. They're a lot faster than they use to be, Hearthstone is something that is going to be out within a year of announcing, and the D3 expansion is looking pretty solid in closed Alpha tests.

That said, ever since the ending of War 3 TFT I wanted to play as the Lich King, now? Oh yes...

(also curse you Blizzard for designing a Warcraft expansion I may well  break my 2 1/2 year of not being subbed for)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It's still not fast enough! :P 
  • looks like a LoL knock off
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    looks like a LoL knock off
    Knock off is a little harsh, I think.  Is Heartstone just a MTG knockoff? LoL and HoN and whatever else basically defined a new genre of games, and since the whole thing essentially grew out of a warcraft 3 mod, I've been wanting to see Blizzard take a shot at it. :D
  • basically the only moba games, in the order of existance, are dota, hon, lol, smite, dota 2. Those are the major ones, anyway. So if anything it's a DotA knockoff.
  • Considering there will be some side quest elements incorporated into the game, it appears it wont be the same lane pushing experience we have had in those other games! 
    Unless you're playing Abathur in which case it's just pushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpushpush

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Also I should note, all MOBA games are a knock off of the DotA map for War3.

So if anything, it's come full circle.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    DotA on War3 was fun. I have never played any of the spawned games because they mostly seem like a waste of cash. DotA was free because I bought War3 for the story.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Xenthos said:
    DotA on War3 was fun. I have never played any of the spawned games because they mostly seem like a waste of cash. DotA was free because I bought War3 for the story.
    To be fair, Blizzard didn't develop the original DotA. The developed the base for it and someone designed a custom around it.
    Oh I know it was a custom map, but it was still War3's tools that allowed it to happen.

So it still feels full circle.

Hearthstone IS fun, I currently play and pay for my cards there, so yes we can expect fun things from Blizzard as far as this, however it's just another MOBA. If you get excited for those types of things, this is something to look forward to, but don't expect it to not be another rehash of the other ones. There's only so much you can do in variation.
    Munsia said:

Xenthos said:

To be fair, Blizzard didn't develop the original DotA. The developed the base for it and someone designed a custom around it.

I do not think I ever said that Blizzard created it, simply that it was fun and free.

I also enjoyed the v-tec maps on the original Starcraft. I got pretty good at that one. I also terribly abused the fact that being on a smaller team gave you a huge advantage. Faster upgrades due to more plentiful targets... and nobody stealing them from you. Mm. So many wasted hours on custom maps in these games.
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:
    I do not think I ever said that Blizzard created it, simply that it was fun and free. I also enjoyed the v-tec maps on the original Starcraft. I got pretty good at that one. I also terribly abused the fact that being on a smaller team gave you a huge advantage. Faster upgrades due to more plentiful targets... and nobody stealing them from you. Mm. So many wasted hours on custom maps in these games.

I assumed you were equating the topic to the fact you played DotA on War3. I was merely pointing out that they aren't going to be made by the same company. If you were merely commenting on Moba's as a whole then sure...
    edited November 2013
    Munsia said:

Xenthos said:

Munsia said:

I do not think I ever said that Blizzard created it, simply that it was fun and free.

I also enjoyed the v-tec maps on the original Starcraft. I got pretty good at that one. I also terribly abused the fact that being on a smaller team gave you a huge advantage. Faster upgrades due to more plentiful targets... and nobody stealing them from you. Mm. So many wasted hours on custom maps in these games.

I assumed you were equating the topic to the fact you played DotA on War3. I was merely pointing out that they aren't going to be made by the same company. If you were merely commenting on Moba's as a whole then sure...

Nope! I probably won't play Blizzard's version either, for the reasons stated in my post.

Tsk, assumptions.
    edited November 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:
    I do not think I ever said that Blizzard created it, simply that it was fun and free. I also enjoyed the v-tec maps on the original Starcraft. I got pretty good at that one. I also terribly abused the fact that being on a smaller team gave you a huge advantage. Faster upgrades due to more plentiful targets... and nobody stealing them from you. Mm. So many wasted hours on custom maps in these games.

Nope! I probably won't play Blizzard's version either, for the reasons stated in my post. Tsk, assumptions.
    Assuming it'll cost anything. Hearthstone is free.

Actually, all the MOBA's have been free...
    I don't really see games where you pay-for-perks (including Iron Realms) as being "free". It is just a different business model, but it is still designed to aim for profit.

That said, it would be interesting to see if they stick with the WoW model (monthly sub even though most other MMOs have gone "f2p") or if they try to cash in on coding shinies for people to throw piles of money at.
  • Well, you don't really 'pay for perks' in a lot of them. I know you can pay for perks like the rune things in LoL (which gives me a hatred for it), but, say, everything in heroes of newerth or DotA 2 is cosmetic. DotA 2 is basically team fortress 2 when it comes to items, except TF2 items actually do things sometimes.
    Xenthos said:
    I don't really see games where you pay-for-perks (including Iron Realms) as being "free". It is just a different business model, but it is still designed to aim for profit. That said, it would be interesting to see if they stick with the WoW model (monthly sub even though most other MMOs have gone "f2p") or if they try to cash in on coding shinies for people to throw piles of money at.
     As Marcella says, you don't really pay for perks. Everything in the games can be obtained by grinding for them. THe only thing that you pay for is cosmetic changes. Nothing substantial at all. In league you play games to pay for newer champions, and you can even buy those rune pages with extra IP...you can just buy 7 at once with real money. DOTA 2 is all cosmetic. These games are entirely F2p. Now as I said, Hearthstone is already being released as entirely -free-. You can pay for extra decks (get some free promo's with them usually) and pay for your arena but once again you can just grind out your arena and decks yourself instead of buying them. The only difference is a starting advantage. I do not think Blizzard will charge for their MOBA at all.