Paying for your fingers and toes... sort of.

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
For anyone who has played a tattooist, or had a tattoo done in-game, or even looked at the list of tattoos available, you'll probably have noticed that there is a serious lack of choices when it comes to the smaller parts of the body. There's 10 finger designs, 6-7 toe designs, and for reference, probably 40+ back designs just in public. This just isn't acceptable.

For the next long while, I'll be accepting ideas for finger and toe tattoos for public designs. In fact, for every separate idea that you post here, I'll send your character a thousand gold in the mail, or a credit per twenty ideas. You don't have to design the tattoo, merely name something you think people might want on their tootsies. For instance, perhaps you think Estarra might want "a pair of big red lips" on Her toes, or perhaps Maylea would simply love to have a "knotwork of woven flowers" on Her knuckles, or Shaddus simply has to have a yellow smiley face on his big toe. Just list it here, preferably one post per person, and I'll not only design and submit it, but I'll send you gold for the idea.
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• 1. A ring, possibly a wedding band, but any tattoo'd band ring would do
    2. Divine script, possibly as a band
    3. Individual letters so they can be formed into words, or initials
    4. Org / Order symbols
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Not purely restricted to fingers/toes, but I've always wanted to have a kind of lattice-work as full-body tattoos. Think Tron, but with a lot more lines.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rialorm said:
    1. A ring, possibly a wedding band, but any tattoo'd band ring would do
    2. Divine script, possibly as a band
    3. Individual letters so they can be formed into words, or initials
    4. Org / Order symbols
    All of this is incredibly vague :(

As for 4, what are you wanting? A small master ravenwood for your fingers?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Ssaliss said:
    Not purely restricted to fingers/toes, but I've always wanted to have a kind of lattice-work as full-body tattoos. Think Tron, but with a lot more lines.
    This pattern has been made for all of the bodyparts, if that's what you're looking for.

You carefully study a skindesign.
    Item: Tattoo  Type: Fingers  Org: Public
    Commodities: goldtint 2 faeleaf 2
    Mortal Reviews: Allowed
    Tattoo Weight: 2
    Appearance:
    spiralling silver scrollwork
    Examined:
    A faint application of shimmering silver ink whorls about the skin in
    intricate scrolling spirals. The pattern sweeps fluidly along muscle
    contours and folds, bundling and unravelling in chaotic curlicues that
    appear to have been set with whimsy as opposed to careful planning.

• Designs that ink your body entirely black, for those shadow worshippers. This includes fingers/toes. 

• Faces of each of the supernals/demon lords?
  • I thought you wanted vague ideas, sorry. I also thought that orgs had symbols. Images of each respective nexus would be a good idea of they don't. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • for fingers and toes! (mostly fingers, I think)
    I could come up with more, but here's a few

1. single star or stars
    2. single heart or hearts
    3. single diamond or diamonds (like, the tattoo kind)
    4. words on knuckles (stuff like "live free" "stay true" "patience" and such)
    5. feather on the inside bit of a finger (not palm side, like, the part that touches other fingers)
    6. mustache on the inside bit of a finger
    7. infinity symbol
    8. fleur de lis
    9. anchor
    10. an eye or eyes
    11. a bow
    12. treble clef
    13. a flower or flowers! roses, lillies, etc
    14. a leaf or leaves
    15. a vine
    16. spider
    17. beetle
    18. a dagger, like, down the finger, or hidden in the space between
    19. hourglass
    20. "promise" written on the pinkey finger
    21. golden sovereigns
    22. key
    23. lock
    24 acorn
    25. thimble
    26. skull
    27. flame or flames
    28 snowflake or snowflakes
    29. lightening bolt
    30. cloud
    31. raindrop
    32. rainbow
    33. tornado
    34. cherries
    35. playing card suits: heart, club, spade, diamond
    36. butterfly
    37. mushroom
    38. a crown
    39. crescent moon
    40. sun

and the Lusternian Zodiac symbols!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    Jesus H Christ :/

Alright, I'll start sending people gold later today. I guess I'll start on zodiac/astral symbols for now.
  • Shaddus,

If need be I'll submit any tattoos you need submitted. I've got 3 open submissions right now.

I might hit you up, but I've got two cartels with expanded 4/4 slots each, so I've got plenty.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2013
    I think it would be nice if divine symbols were publicly available for the small areas. Like...all of them.

Aside from those, I think cutesy little depictions of aetherspace creatures would be grand for a junkie like me. So...
    - "a gingerbread revolutionary" on the middle finger
    - "a cunning, bright yellow peep" on the webbing of the thumb
    - "a slime-trailing slug" right across the knuckles, slime and all!
    - "a sinuous crystal squid" this one could be neat, tentacles curling around the toes with the body taking up the big toe?
    - "a quartz seagull" wherever
    - "a noble ice penguin" wherever
    - "a troop of mould/undead warriors" wherever

I don't want your gold, I just want the joys of aetherspace spread to every corner of the design world.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Well if -someone- would ever play their tahtetso, we could design tattoos together.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    What Tahtetso, who has a Tahtetso! Crazy Shaddus, ha, haha, ha haha.

%-(
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited November 2013
    Apparently my fingerstache tattoo got flagged for divine review
    b-(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Which Divine has a stache as their symbol? I mean, I could see Auseklis and a beard. Maybe Fain? Who knows what he is hiding under that mask of his.
  • He did get Lisaera, back in the day... omg. Fain is Tom Selleck.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!