Feedback wanted on a potential book I am working on

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
Ok, I've been kicking around an idea for my next book and could use some feedback from more neutral sources, though my idea has garnered positive feedback so far.

It is going to be set up as sort of a cross between a choose-your-own-adventure book and a D&D campaign (so it would effectively be a single player gamebook with fantasy gaming elements)

How it would work is when reading the book, as your character progresses, they will come across items and coins (plus there will be pages where they may enter a shop and have the option of reducing their coin count in return for adding items to their inventory), at certain places in the storyline events will happen that will call for some of these items (for example your character may be bitten by a snake, a few pages later there would be a check if you had an antidote potion, if you do then you turn to one page, if you do not then you turn to another page that contains a bad ending)

Material-wise, besides the book, you would need a six-sided dice and a pen and paper to keep track of how many coins you obtain plus what items you have.

As a "goal" aspect of the book, at the end there would be a ranking sort of setup which gives a grading of sorts based off how many coins you still had at the end (so that you don't go and burn all your coins on items you don't need or if you feel like taking a bit more of a risk by going through the book with minimal items)

Who out there would be interested in this kind of book?
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• Check out Fighting Fantasy, Lone Wolf, FireStar, etc. These books were popular in the 80s, with all kinds of variations.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeah, I'm familiar with them, I'm thinking of doing something updated for modern times (suitable to be displayed on e-book readers, etc), Their popularity started waning around the turn of the century but they seem to be getting more popular again, which is why I'm considering releasing one along side my new find-your-fate interactive books.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?