Where Are All The Areas?

2»

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I agree with the comments about divine interacting more - apart from when Eventru was around, the two divine I have had the most interaction with since I started playing Lusternia would be Isune and Zvoltz, both Hallifaxian divine, with Kagato being a Celestian =p

That being said, I realise completely that there's important stuff that MUST be done (preferably sooner than later from an administrative point of view) and feel the divine are doing a good job of it.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nocht said:
    Seek us out!

I can't speak for everyone, but I know the characters that Nocht has interacted with the most are usually those that actively sought his attention.

It never hurts to try. We (usually) won't zap you for that.
    But I don't  have anyone in your order!

yet
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I have tried a few times of late, though admittedly it's just attempting to contact Maylea. It still does a lot for the orgs to see the gods, even if it's just a 5 minute appearance once a week, to say something silly, or comment upon something.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I don't want to name any specific names, but I know there are some Divine who are active (or at least on the left side of the list) whose own Order has had zero contact with in RL years. I personally have to agree with the emphasis people have put on such Divine/Mortal RP being a huge motivation in playing, and losing a Divine or losing contact can be just as much a motivational killer.

I'm in no way asking for them to throw all the work aside and spend their every hour at the nexus chatting with us, but a few moments with just their Order, the odd news post, that goes an exceptionally long way into encouraging people to keep playing the character they want to in the Order they want that character to be in.

Because sadly I've seen a few times now, people jumping from their Order to a new one, simply because their Divine is inactive or around but says nothing.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Nocht said:
    Seek us out!

I can't speak for everyone, but I know the characters that Nocht has interacted with the most are usually those that actively sought his attention.

It never hurts to try. We (usually) won't zap you for that.
    Last time I sought you out, you wanted Kagato to kill angels!  No way he's gonna want to talk to you after that!

(now talking here is a totally different matter =p  )
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2013
    Makes me feel bad that my character is so put off by gods. I promise I like and appreciate you from this side of the screen!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It won't make any difference for me personally, but get rid of affinity! Let people get their active god loving on without having to org hop. I can't stress enough how much it means to lots of players to have even a little tid-bit of divine interaction now and then. Even just hearing a hello, faithful minions on a public aether. We are but mere, lost mortals in need of your ever shining guidance and wisdom!

But seriously. I think it's easy for people to get caught up in wanting the new skill/area/shiny thing, but most of us are easily pacified with a bit of rp or a little event with a divine. Hell, even a vengeance game on Avencha's peak or two will probably quieten the raging horde for a while. We appreciate all the things you do to enhance our gameplay with your coding and pets and emotes and patron things, but the rp role is very important to a lot of characters, and spurs enthusiasm for other aspects of the game too (I know it does with me). We just want to love on you all (from a respectful non personal-space invading distance) in the flesh(text?) sometimes.

• I would, but talking to gods in character is scary and intimidating. But I loved the conversation with Nocht on gt tonight, even if too nervous to say much.

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Daraius said:
    Makes me feel bad that my character is so put off by gods. I promise I like and appreciate you from this side of the screen!
    Ev is completely off-put by the gods as well, and would never join an Order. But I personally love every interaction I have with a Divine.

And the A word ain't goin' away, I'm afraid.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'd personally be happy with just TFs and no interaction because Mysrai intimidates my tiny brain. >_>
    Yay divine interaction!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Yay divine interaction!
    Divine interaction is awesome. Shooting the breeze with @Isune on OT always makes my day and gives me fresh desire to continue soldiering on.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited November 2013
    Well, about the areas, -something- is being made, because I dropped from PW to rank 2 overnight a couple months ago when no significant, accessibly new area has been released.

Edited: figured out part of the issue, annoying as it is
    Ixion said:
    Well, about the areas, -something- is being made, because I dropped from PW to rank 3 in a couple months when no significant,  accessibly new area has been released.

That we've told you about.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    A new bubble was created to hold all of Shaddus' alts.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Last time they shoved so much awesome into one place, godrealms happened.