New Dramatics trans ability

Because I don't think I've ever seen FeignDeath used, and would really want to do some cool stuff outside of the stage.

"Roleplay"

Immerse yourself in the characteristics of someone else and become a new person!... almost.

PERFORM ROLE "Name"
PERFORM END

---

Changes your name into that of your role temporarily. While under this temporary name-change, you're under a permanent choke effect/your balance and equilibrium is doubled in order to stop it from being used in combat.

I'd honestly really, *really* love this.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comments

• You'd probably also want to toss in a "can't do it in enemy territory" and "can't perform any aggressive acts with it". Also, I unfortunately think it'll be abused (for instance, performing the role of quest mobs etc).

Also, you'd have to be able to see your real name on WHO HERE etc.
  • Make it so you can't perform a name that is already in use, by mobs, beasts, and other players.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Pacifying would probably be the best yeah. I figured an aeon effect would work, but pacifying seems a much better solution. Or rather, make it like masochism. If you perform an aggressive action, it drops immediately and you can't put it back up for 60 seconds.

For performing the role of quest mobs, keep in mind that mobs and people can be configured to display in different colours, and one shows up on IH, while another shows up on WHO HERE. I'm not certain, but I would expect GIVE "whatever" to aim for mobs first, since they're the first in the room. And even so, you can give the item by the unique ID number, so I don't see it doing much quest griefing. If someone's performing this role, then they're not attacking you or killing the other quest mobs.

Personally, I'd like it if it was a bit harder to discern than just a simple who here. Instead, make it visible while performing review. It would give review some useability as well.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sounds like too much combat power for a dramatics trans skill, and having to heap huge restrictions on something to 'balance' it is indicative of a problematic design, imo. I agree that something other than feign death would be good, though!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Custom poses!

I think Kiradawea just wants to bewilder newbies with this.  :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Oioi, give everyone custom poses, don't make it skill based. Making basic RP tools require huge lesson investments is a no-no.
  • STUDY <play>
    PERFORM IMPROMPTU SETUP
    PERFORM IMPROMPTU CAST <Role> <person>
    PERFORM IMPROMPTU SCENE <scene>
    PERFORM IMPROMPTU BEGIN
    PERFORM IMPROMPTU CUT

Your dramatic skills have transcended the need for a stage, allowing you to perform impromptu shows anywhere.

For a cost of 10p, each person to perform in the play can STUDY the play at the stage, which affixes it in their minds for up to one year. Then, any member may later PERFORM IMPROMPTU SETUP to declare a performance is about to begin in the area. He or she may assign roles just as the producer would, and the actors will find themselves appropriately masked and costumed, provided they have studied the play already and AGREE to take the role.

Finally, when all the roles  for the scene (or the whole play if one was not designated) are cast, the producer pro tem can PERFORM IMPROMPTU BEGIN to begin the performance. This will drain a cost of power from each actor, and should any member act aggressively toward an audience member the production will cease immediately, costing whatever remains of the actors' reserves and a large balance loss. Should the troupe find themselves under attack, any member may PERFORM IMPROMPTU CUT to stop production immediately, throwing the cast off-equilibrium, but without a power cost. And finally, without the benefit of a stage, there will be no scenery or effects unless an actor is assigned to the 'HAND' role and has the Illusions skill.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2013
    Aerotans idea has a little bit of promise, but I think attacks against the actors should automatically end the performance rather than being stuck in a lose/lose situation where the team has to wait for the director to do the command and lose equilibrium, or attack and lose power plus a heavy balance loss, either way the attackers would have a heavy advantage, giving the actors virtually no chance of recovery or defense.

An alternate option is that while a play is in effect, a pacify "aura" is placed on the room, allowing no aggressive actions to be performed, but to prevent the potential for abuse, it also would not be able to be used in a room where combat or debate is already taking place, or also making it so that it could not be used during revolts.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

• Daraius said:
    Custom poses!

If I wanted to bewilder newbies, I'd use ventroliquism. :D

What I want to use it for is something that should trick even you. It'll be awesome and fun.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2013
    Enyalida said:
    Oioi, give everyone custom poses, don't make it skill based. Making basic RP tools require huge lesson investments is a no-no.

I totally agree. I just want it some way, and since I'm trans dramatics...
    Kiradawea said:

Daraius said:
    Custom poses!

What I want to use it for is something that should trick even you. It'll be awesome and fun.
    I can think of several ways to make Daraius very, very sad with a skill like this. :(

But I also think it's a really cool idea and certainly wouldn't mind seeing it implemented. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Enyalida said:

I totally agree. I just want it some way, and since I'm trans dramatics...
    Kiradawea said:

Daraius said:
    Custom poses!

I can think of several ways to make Daraius very, very sad with a skill like this. :(

But I also think it's a really cool idea and certainly wouldn't mind seeing it implemented. 
    Aww. I'd never make you sad on purpose.  ;;)

And yeah, I'd really love it as well. With genderbend and a tailor assistant, I can do so much mischief. >:)

Err.... I mean. Make the impromptu acting games fun.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Because I don't think I've ever seen FeignDeath used, 
    While I don't have an opinion about the proposal, I actually used FeignDeath one a few times quite profitably.  Combined with some triggered illusions firing when it goes off, it can be pretty effective.  Admittedly only in highly specialized situations.

Of course, key to its effectiveness is not immediately announcing that you successfully used it.  In fact, even now, I'm not going to point out to the people I fooled with it who they were.  (Not that I even know if any of them are currently active on the forum.)  So if you haven't seen it being used, that may mean it hasn't been used, or, that it was used well.  :)