Can someone explain this, cause it just bothers me...

Ok an earring with two rings was all I had on when I first logged in.  Here's the probe of the earring:

Simple and unadorned, this silver hoop is versatile to be used in all
sorts of piercings.
It weighs 1 ounce(s).
It bears the distinctive mark of Cardinal Persephonia Feyranti, Daddy's Girl.

Here's one of a earring Irie made for me:

Striking moonstone of a brilliant white has been formed into the shape
of a crescent moon, its surface shining brightly in any available light.
One end has been linked to a small silver chain that ends in a little
silver hook which can be slipped through the wearer's ear to secure it
in place.
It has 57 months of usefulness left.
It weighs 1 ounce(s).
It bears the distinctive mark of Adherent Irie L'Eternae, Provocative Pixie

Why does it have no decay? Was it enchanted, and for some reason I can not see the enchantment? The rings are runed and enchanted, that makes sense in the no decay part.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think certain adornment jewellry follows the same rule as wedding bands, they cannot decay but at the same time can't be disenchanted.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• actually, if you have the skill AUDIT try it, usually when jewelry is like that, it will decay on the next decay tic in the game, it is on 0 day.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Arimisia said:
    actually, if you have the skill AUDIT try it, usually when jewelry is like that, it will decay on the next decay tic in the game, it is on 0 day.
    Ah now, I asked someone in-game, OOCly, and that skill was mentioned. I did try it, but lets see, this is what I am shown:
    You have 6 items with 25 or fewer months until decay.
    *******************************************************************************
    Item Description Months
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    torc56324 a silver torc 2
    athame43526 an athame dagger 2
    backpack16070 a black leather and silk backpack 4
    tinderbox114086 a soot-blackened tinderbox 16
    vial20208 a bloodstone vial (linked to a potion of fire) 22
    corset145888 a glacial blue corset of gossamer silk 25

*******************************************************************************
    You have 6 items with 25 or fewer months until decay.

Today is the 15th of Avechary, 369 years after the Coming of Estarra. The phase of the moon is the Waning Gibbous.
    In your world it is Thursday, the 21st of November, in the year 2013.
    You think that it is currently day-time up above.
    In your world, it is 2013/11/21 04:00:31 GMT.
    See HELP GMT for an explanation of GMT.

The skill shows the same if I AUDIT it directly. And yes, I am still recalling, and relearning all that has changed in the last few years. But hey, if I loose it, eh no biggy.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • nah it would tell you if it were about to decay it would say 0 on it. That weird all I can say :p there is no spherical earring that does not decay (that I know of). You do not have any runes on it that would have preserved it.  Only wedding bands never decay when made. So who knows, could be a bug or something was done to it at some time. You guess would be as good as any at this point!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    There was a commemorative "hoop snake hoop" that was made non-decay. That would be my wild guess, if this was the base pattern from it, but you should take this issue in game and BUG it. I do not think that any player-made earrings are intended to be non-decay.
  • Kelly said:
    There was a commemorative "hoop snake hoop" that was made non-decay. That would be my wild guess, if this was the base pattern from it, but you should take this issue in game and BUG it. I do not think that any player-made earrings are intended to be non-decay.
    I don't remember that :( but I missed out on a few of these little things given out during events that were made nondecay. I do not remember a hoop snake hoop though :p

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The hoop snake was for people who went to one of the player/god meets.

Similarly, the players who went to the Australian meet got this -

a silver stiletto heel charm bracelet
    This delicate bracelet has been fashioned of cunningly-intertwined
    filaments of pulled silver wire, gleaming brightly in every environ. A
    single charm of beaten, weathered tin dangles from it, cut and moulded
    into the shape of a single stiletto-heeled shoe, at once an attractive
    conversation piece and functional weapon by way of negligible puncture
    wounds. At the opposite side of the bracelet, a slender metal plaque has
    been attached, lines of curling text engraved upon its surface.
    Engraved on it are the words:
    Lusternian Down Under Summit 2013 - Lavinya
    It weighs 1 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Priscilla, Dame of the Skarch.

• Ew, in-game items referencing OOC events.
  • Marcella said:
    Ew, in-game items referencing OOC events.
    This is why I like the EVE Fanfest stuff. You get a t-shirt, both ingame and IRL, and both refer to the event in an IC manner. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Upon occasion, there is a bug where a piece of jewelry, an artisan flute/box, or a vial can keep from decaying after an artifact rune is removed from it. Maybe this is some weird version of that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.