Fixing the Hallifax power quest

2»

Comments

• I know this thread is months old, but it's still on the front page. I wanted to try and express something that I've always tried to share to newbies doing the power quest, but I don't know how well it's known:

Fraesic remembers the number of spheres you've given him, so if you collect all the "extra" spheres and still give them to him, you can get more golden spheres over time.

As some might realize, I'm returning after an absence of, I think, one RL year, possibly more. Today I gave Fraesic 2 spheres for the first time in that 14 months or so and he still remembered I had given him 2 already, giving me a golden sphere immediately.

So yeah, the quest works fine. Tell your friends.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The sphere memory isn't per person, I think. That means the last person who gave him spheres had given him two extra.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm fairly certain, when I first noticed, that I had a few people test it with me, to make sure I was noticing it right. I may have completely misremembered that. Even if it's city-wide and not per person, that still helps out the Collective.
    Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No worries, we can test it later on.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's overall, not per person.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.