Synkarin vs Caerlyr

SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
http://www.logsty.com/logs/XTW3X

Scries me a ton in Faethorn, I go check it out, start fighting, Diamat/Xena come in at first so I bail.
Go back later start to 1v1.

Spends entire time trying to escape (though several times he could have just left, why he didn't, I don't know).

Best part is I screwed up soulless once, then the second time instead of using drukenfool, I use shotnote that doesn't work and he sits there and takes it, at the last second weaving a reflection to no avail.

And of course, I only won because of my artifacts, nothing else.

Everiine said:
"'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
-Synkarin's Lament.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Your highlights for people entering and leaving the area make it look like you're laughing at them.

lololol MORKARION has left the area lololol
  • Heh. Anybody reading this will see that's just completely edited. Try again.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited December 2013
    Caerlyr said:
    Heh. Anybody reading this will see that's just completely edited. Try again.
    How so?

Point out the parts that are edited, because it's honestly just a c/p to html.

I guess for clarity sake, this log is the 1v1 part, not the part where I bailed when Xena/Diamat showed up. Didn't think I needed to include that

edit: I didn't notice that before Enyalida, I feel like I may need to change it now

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    It reminded me that I REALLY REALLY need to work on my highlights/announcements  :(. You're miles ahead of me on that, lololol aside.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Reflect doesn't stop Soulless BTW :P
  • edited December 2013
    Man, this log has killed any interest I had in going bard. This is one boring class. Bnote, pfifth and hangedman endless loops, with barely enough time in-between to rub soulless. And soulless is the only thing that can be done, because trying to aurics or damagekill in a 1v1 is just a waste of time, with so much eq being tied up to maintain bnote and pfifth. No wonder the bard classes with aeon are so popular. Poor harbingers and SS. Pretty much zero 1v1 viability, since they don't even get soulless.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2013
    Admittedly, your socks do help get soulless kills pretty easily 1v1.

That being said, Lerad has a point. I've never really explored Harbinger that much, but SS really just has a support OR straight damage feel to it. You can't kill anyone competent 1v1 with the passives, and a lot of the targetted (CairnLargo) skills are nigh-on useless. One's an areawide summon, so long as the target isn't deaf/truedeaf. At what point is a person going to run from a bard and NOT eat earwort asap? Two of the skills are damage skills, with one being a stun+damage with cold damage. 

Personally, I tend to sit in a safe spot and spam smudges to support group fights. The whole skillset really seems to tend towards straight damage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sidd probably shouldn't have gotten this kill. After all that effort igniting and gusting, I have no idea why Caerlyr didn't just straight out leave the area, because he certainly could have done so. Even though Sidd had an icewall wand, soulless is nowhere near guarantee'd, thanks to the need to blanknote over and over, and the ease with which gust can neuter a bard. Once you get a beast with gust, you have 2 chances of gusting in a balance every 30 seconds, with normal gusting tries inbetween. There's no real reason to get locked down by a bard in a 1v1 unless you get aeon locked or that drunken thing Sidd was trying for. I guess SS has a big stun with the max winter thing, but the only reason you get hit with that is because you're curious and want to see if you can survive it.

Of course, in a team fight, Harbingers are my best buds.

• You are currently on the 9th stanza of "Killinbitches".

Best part imo.
  • Shoulda spent the time to insta aeon/stun/blackout. Much more effective than running/reflecting. Cantor never needs to run, especially if avengingangel is doing its thing and you do the insta-aeon ability which is always at least 4 second hinderance (even more if you fail the sips inside aeon)
  • Surprised you went for boring soulless route. What does shotnote do?
    edited December 2013
    Makes people drunk. 

EDIT: To be fair, some of the other bard guilds do have some more interesting things they can do, especially if you're not both relatively high tier combatants (though they can mostly lean back on this boring kind of strategy- and do from time to time). While minstrels are surely annoying, getting you drunk and giving you cure hindering alone doesn't tend to do a good job killing. Might be helpful with aeon, but in the end, it's going to be soulless or damage either way. At least it wasn't pfifth into destro spam!
  • Nice comments, guys, although like previously stated, there's a -lot- more to this log than you are seeing. Not getting involved in this, however.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2013
    I would like to hear about what that "more" entails. Perfect thread to do it.

Looks like a 1v1 to me.
    Caerlyr said:

Nice comments, guys, although like previously stated, there's a -lot- more to this log than you are seeing. Not getting involved in this, however.

Not getting involved because besides these vague comments, you have nothing because this is all there was. You got fugued and spent time trying to escape, and why you didn't just leave is beyond me. Feel free to provide your side of the log, but we all know you won't because you never do. Once again you are caught with your pants down

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Thoros said:
    Surprised you went for boring soulless route. What does shotnote do?
    Shotnote makes the target amazingly, falldown drunk. Drunkenfool, IIRC, removes all of their drunkenness and stuns them based on how drunk they were before it was removed.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    @Sidd: Why are you using Jitterbug on your reimbue, and not Drunkenfool?
    Shaddus said:
    @Sidd: Why are you using Jitterbug on your reimbue, and not Drunkenfool?
    That's what I'm saying with how I screwed up

I wanted to use drunkenfool (it's targetted so have to imbue, refrain etc) and instead used shotnote instead (because I dun made a derp)

This means when soulless started, he was straight up on balance, and nothing was stopping an ignite/gust or even him just leaving the room.

The whole reason I posted is that Caerlyr could have escaped, could have gotten away several times and didn't. 

I didn't win because I'm amazingly good, or because I'm amazingly OP. I screwed up  more than once, and he just kind of derped and died.

Has nothing to do with artifacts, cement socks, or OP skills, just plain old mistakes made.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Also, Shotnote has a cap on how drunk it can make you, the most I've heard of it doing was to Rivius and I honestly don't remember what level he hit. It's affected by tolerance as well, I can't get myself past sober and control with it before it won't work anymore. 

I think Rivius was 'slightly flushed' but I'm not 100% there

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm going to add "it's an editted log" to my repertoire. It sounds better than "it's because of lag".

Forgive me but I have missed a change somewhere, what's ignite gonna do?
  • Ignite destroys icewalls when you point it at icewalls. It also sets a target on fire, iirc, though no one uses it for that.

Igniting icewalls always just seems like a waste of time in 1 v 1 unless yer facing someone who needs to use it like toadcurse
    If your enemy is busy soullessing... Of course, I don't think he was pfifth'd and could have just handsprung/somersaulted out.
  • In this case, the igniting was fairly important. The purpose of ignite is not to break the icewall so that you can walk out. Icewalls are important to bards because it stops gusting. If he doesn't put the icewall back up in time, a gust can ruin his pfifth and buy you the space to escape as well. Which is why igniting icewalls forces a bard to re-icewall, giving up an eq to bnote or rub soulless, which means you may get a larger window to earwort and leap out, while simultaneously delaying the 7 rubs.

:/ This is why I've played the same class for going on 10 years
    (Psionics)
    edited December 2013
    No? I was a druid for 2 years

And telepathy for a LONNNNNG time. Which does not help this situation
  • Fact of the matter is, I got cheesed by two aliases amid spam so bad, I could not see what was even happening. (Hence the claim of the edited log). Congratulations, Sidd. Here's a medal. You just won the internet.

Clearly this situation is warranting of a flamebait thread, so tada!

All that said, can we move on now, please?
    Caerlyr said:
    Fact of the matter is, I got cheesed by two aliases amid spam so bad, I could not see what was even happening. (Hence the claim of the edited log). Congratulations, Sidd. Here's a medal. You just won the internet.

Clearly this situation is warranting of a flamebait thread, so tada!

All that said, can we move on now, please?
    How does any of that equate to editing a log? 

Yeah, I hindered you a lot between hangedman, lusting, shieldstuns and icewalling because you literally were just trying to run the entire time. You weren't fighting back, just running. What do you expect? I'm sorry that you spam scried me a few times to get my attention to you sitting by yourself on faethorn, which was me thinking you were looking for a fight, a fight I gladly went up to gave you. Was this not the case? Did you not scry me several times standing by yourself on faethorn? 

If you were 'spammed' that you couldn't tell what was going on, you likely need better highlights, to help see what's happening. Spam on your end isn't my fault, it's yours.

If you want to sit here and claim my logs are editted, then prove it. You can't prove it, because the log isn't editted and you once again are failing to provide your own logs and are expecting everyone else to take your word as fact when your have consistently been caught lying about all sorts of things and have never once managed to back up a claim when called out on it. Next time you claim I'm 'editting' a log or lying about something, I'm just going to start issuing you in game because you clearly won't stop doing it, and if anything, I'm honest to a fault, and pretty tired of this crap you keep pulling.

The whole point of this log is to show that it wasn't artifacts, it wasn't cheese/OP combos, it was your failure to react correctly to the situation, a situation I've acknowledged I screwed up in and one you could have easily escaped, more than once.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.