Find Your Fate: Path of the Rogue giveaway

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited December 2013 in The Real World
Because I am feeling in a generous mood, I'm giving my fellow Lusternians a chance to obtain one of 5 copies of my Path of the Rogue interactive novella (Windows OS only for the moment sorry, I'll run a separate contest later for those on Android and Apple operating systems)

All you need to do is leave a post here saying in no more than 20 words what you would do to better Lusternia if you were made a Divine for a day.  It can be something you would add, something you would remove, anything like that, as long as it is not something petty like singling out another lusternian.

For any Divine that may wish to enter - you need to say in no more than 20 words what you would do to better any of the OTHER IRE games.

Entries close on December 15th, with winners being announced on the 16th.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am confused; why are players expected to use 20+ words while Divine have to use less than 20?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited December 2013
    Sorry, misworded it.  Both should be no MORE than 20 words.  Fixed the error.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1) Cheaper credits.
    2) Address essence caps.
    3) Accept Crow SavageTattoos.
    4) Fewer monthly credit gimmicks; replace with longer term goals.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd add more in-game extras and added items for roleplaying, such as demigod powers and added nouns for items.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 1) Remove shrubs from rankings
    2) All ingame gained credits are bound
    3) New chance for snowglobe / stockings
    4) Fix as many possible bugs
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I'm holding the position so a certain noncom never gets it.
  • edited December 2013
    1) interact with players, even those not in my order
    2) address ISSUES
    3) destroy an org, possibly 2, to create massive upheaval
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I don't see how gods can affect credit prices...
  • Bring back Ackleberry.
  • re-bridge the Immanidivinus, and not expect Ascendants to code to be player gods, not domoth slaves. Ascendant Orders too.
  • help design arena games that require strategy and combat prowess to win
    Have meaningful RP interaction with multiple players
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    You guys are having some productive single days there ;)

Mine would probably be BS with the admin and just trying to learn the commands ;)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I'd probably go on a zapping spree for no other reason than because I could.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Spy on everyone.
    Breathe heavily in the rooms of intimate couples.
    Animate the Ouroboros and ride it through the basin.

• Build rooms and create quests and such. Fix things.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:
    Spy on everyone.
    Breathe heavily in the rooms of intimate couples.
    Animate the Ouroboros and ride it through the basin.
    We already have Morgfyre for all of those.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Ok, so I let the competition go on a little longer than I planned, all entries are now closed.  I'll announce the winners here in the next day or so.

Ok, time for the winners!  It was a tough choice, there was some decent/amusing entries.

The winners are:
    Lavinya
    Shaddus
    Daem
    Parua
    Marcella

To those of you that were not successful, I will be running another contest further down the track for the next Find Your Fate book that I am currently working on - the entry topic will be quite different, so don't hesitate to try again!

Those of you that did win, please drop me a PM with an email address as well as if you would prefer a copy of the PDF version of the book (suitable for e-readers) or the executable format (Windows OS only sorry!)