Capturing Communications - Mudlet

edited December 2013 in Mechanic's Corner
So I found Demonnic, and I've managed (with some help) to figure out how to capture most of the channels: tells, org, guild, clans, order.

I am having a hard time capturing says, yells, and shouts.

I want to be able to catch both the ones I see, and the ones I send.

somebody else gave me a regex to use for other people's says, but it's not working. This is what I have.

^[A-Za-z\s\'\,\`\-\.]+ (?:says?|asks?|exclaims?|roars?|whispers?)(?: you| to you| to .+?| .+?)?\, \".+?\"$

I imagine that yells wouldn't be that much different, to account for titles and such, but I am absolutely stumped as for what to do for shouts, as with all the demi+ running around, a lot of the ones doing the shouting don't actually have "shout" in their custom.

Help!
A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Not a lot of people use custom shout powers IIRC.

There's the chance it's the various different shouts based on your xp ranking and you don't have the lines for them.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    edited December 2013
    Maybe use CONFIG COLOUR to change the shouts, says, etc. to something distinct and use a color trigger?
  • The GMCP Comm.Channel module is perfect for what you need.

Create a trigger that does the following when you log in.

gmod.enableModule("Parua", "Comm.Channel")

Another on disconnect.

gmod.disableModule("Parua", "Comm.Channel")

You can then set up a script to fire on the Comm.Channel event. I'll post an example of what mine looks like when I get back home if needed.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    for simplicity, I'd take Kelly's route and use the color triggers

just use ^\w+ (?:says|exclaims|roars|whatever) for the trigger on line 0 and on line 1 use color trigger matching foreground/background of your 'says' color and click the 'multiline trigger' box, the delta should be 0 since it's the same line.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited December 2013
    I kind of feel that using Comm.Channel is the more simple route, once you have the framework in place at least. Here's an example of a portion of my communications scripts. You should be able to set up everything you need with it.

Edit: The added benefit of this is it -will not- capture tells sent by insanity and send them to your chat window.
  • see, I'm using demonnic for the chat capture, so unless you want to give me a whole new script, I don't know that I can use the GMCP

I can't code, so I'm dependant on others D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • Snagged a copy of demonnic and gave it a quick look.

Try using  demonnic.chat:cecho(chat, message) instead of the ui.chatSay(window, text) and I think it should work fine!  
  • I have no idea what that means. >_>
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    He's referring to the line in the pastebin above.

The rest of the instructions are in there.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• GMCP is the most elegant way. However for someone new to coding, colour triggers are easier to grasp. Either method should be good.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.