What items/abilities/cool things do you want?

1234568»

Comments

• Enyalida said:
    Shamaaaans.

EDIT: Also, I'm waiting for an Ascendant winner who decides not to ultimately ascend and repair the seals. "Nah, I'm good".

EDIT2: As a side note, no... tornadoes aren't that deadly, ask any shaman. All they do is gust you every 20 seconds in a random direction!

Yeah but those are wimpy tornados. :(

We need huge tornados. Imagine a real life tornado. Ripping through locations, destroying buildings, etc. If you got caught in one, imagine what it would do to our Lusternian guys!

• Thoros said:
    Enyalida said:
    Shamaaaans.

EDIT: Also, I'm waiting for an Ascendant winner who decides not to ultimately ascend and repair the seals. "Nah, I'm good".

EDIT2: As a side note, no... tornadoes aren't that deadly, ask any shaman. All they do is gust you every 20 seconds in a random direction!

Yeah but those are wimpy tornados. :(

We need huge tornados. Imagine a real life tornado. Ripping through locations, destroying buildings, etc. If you got caught in one, imagine what it would do to our Lusternian guys!

yes, giant tornadoes that suck us up and send us to a fantasy land... wait...
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Well, Lusternia already walking, talking cowardly lions.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    No I'm down with this. Can we get one of the volunteer gods (whoever does events) to consider something like that? A conflict game-wide event that could help us or change the game as we know it? We always have things like Ascendants and such but those are actual mechanic changes...something I can tell my great great great great great great great grandkids some day that we failed to do and that's why we handle what we handle now.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I like the concept of an event doomed to fail, though that said the playerbase is clever enough and stubborn enough that they'd probably succeed anyway.

That said, there are a few already existing lasting "If you should fail" scenarios out there, and they are quite a bitter point of contention for certain players *cough*MAEVE*cough*. This one would have to be non org/orgtype targeted and be pretty much a global effect.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yeah, I'm always in for players not winning from time to time... as long as it's not like the Ice Devils event, where player input just didn't seem to matter. What I mean there is the kind of event where you have players doing their best, but making no impact at all. You gather up countless people to stand and kill the Ice Devils trying to steal the totem at your nexus, and even though  you kill them all in record time, over and over... a godemote happens and they do what they were planning regardless.

I understand that it makes events a lot harder to write, but having the choices of players (on a macro scale) create the losing condition would be really neat. What's that, there are three factions in this conflict, none of which are 'mandated' for people to follow (anti-soulless for everyone, nature/city conflict, so on), some of which have the potential for loss or some downsides.
  • Thing is, I'd not want to to see any event like this initiated by any one player, and it would not be a quest. Doing some quests in this game are just off limits because of the amount of conflict wrapped up in them.  Have some faction from outside the basin of life appear, some kind of weird controlled fanatics that are there in search of whatever soulless because they believe they can control him and want to "cleanse the lands" or some such. Could be like the whole ascesion least year, a serious of events going on leading up to a much bigger event. That way, we felt like we did our best, can win every battle, but not the war. Just shake it up a little I dunno.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• I remember that we lost when the Dominators invaded Magnagora.

It shouldn't be the result of one player, but there's a big difference between losing because the [collective] you had no choice (see: dominators invading.) and losing because [the collective] you legitimately failed, or screwed things up.
  • Yeah losing due to having no choice sucks heh..losing should be a thing of trial and skill and (a little) luck, but having 0% chance in determining if your org is gonna go kaboom really blows.

So yes, natural disasters please!! But limit only to villages for now heh.

Cheap mechanic that automatically refills a pipe when you smoke it out, similar to how regulators and teardrop sigils remove the refilling/charging requirements for their respective cures.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    Cheap mechanic that automatically refills a pipe when you smoke it out, similar to how regulators and teardrop sigils remove the refilling/charging requirements for their respective cures.
    But, but... hemispam? Heh.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • I'd settle for just having a "you smoked the last of x" message.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Enyalida said:
    Hopefully a thing of the past (somewhat) if the last round of reports ever gets cleared.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Enyalida said:
    Hopefully a thing of the past (somewhat) if the last round of reports ever gets cleared.
    Doesn't really seem to be happening. They've been submitted for something like... 3 months now? Heck, there's still uncompleted reports from the month before that.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.