Unused features of Lusternia

2»

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I also feel, though, that not knowing anything about the other person is a good thing, in a way. It means you can discover stuff about the other person, which means a lot of RP, potentially. It also means they can reasonably lie about their background, or hide things from others, which can also be good RP. I think writing a background for yourself is nice, though, in some form - it helps you figure out who your character really is.

Also, people tend to remember more and more things from their pre-portal days as their lives go on, right? At least, I'm pretty sure a lot of people RP it that way.
  • Cadfael said:
    I also feel, though, that not knowing anything about the other person is a good thing, in a way. It means you can discover stuff about the other person, which means a lot of RP, potentially. It also means they can reasonably lie about their background, or hide things from others, which can also be good RP. I think writing a background for yourself is nice, though, in some form - it helps you figure out who your character really is.

Also, people tend to remember more and more things from their pre-portal days as their lives go on, right? At least, I'm pretty sure a lot of people RP it that way.
    A lot of people, including myself, do rp it that way. I have quite a few things from Allyrianne's background, etc, fleshed out, and the main reason I haven't used the background command is because I'd rather not have it available for everyone to see. Or even just allies to see.

I will say Tsianina's background is absolutely amazing.
  • Kyair said: 

Anyways, Lusty. The vague general problem I see with backgrounds in Lusternia is that 1)You step out of the portal and 2) You get sucked up by a family and bam, there's your background and your history. The idea of family in Lusternia has become lost in what I've seen(and I'm guilty myself) as to now a competition of who can breed the fastest for whatever reason: political power, family honour, etc. Some people collect for the sake of collecting. If backgrounds were going to become important again, it's likely something guilds would have to include in requirements alongside descriptions.

I actually felt really discouraged when it came to Aerys' family, because of these reasons and more like them. Aerys has only a handful of pups (though anymore, they've likely changed race), and most of them are long dormant. Furthermore, the family never really did feel much like a family. There was hardly any roleplay, and because @Rivius and Aerys were trying to keep the concept of a lobo-only pack, it felt like there wasn't much effort was put in by the offspring. Early on, when they were actively seeking offspring who they felt like would provide a good, healthy boost to family RP, they were usually swept up by some other family who took the smash-and-grab approach, whereas we tried our best to build a steadily growing rapport, to make it 'count for something.' In fact, this slow approach has saved us from what would have undoubtedly amounted to large amounts of drama further down the road.

I might call it meta-game thinking, but really, it's also because of these IC observations that Aerys has all but given up hope on a happy pack. 
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Challenge of Life has ended!"
    The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Aerys stands as the Champion of Life!"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Even though the second generation of Shevats is stunted, it's kind of a relief not having to cruise the adoption market. Sylandra, Telonea and Irillia were a package deal. But the woes of family building are for another topic, I think.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • From what I've heard (opted not try it), the stealth skillset. Mostly because of how expensive and exclusive it is, I'd wager.
    I would seriously dig some clandestine RP! :3
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Eh? You just have to be a member of one of the stealth guilds and you've got it!

The problem with stealth is that not many of its skills outshine using the primary spec of that guild constantly, for good reason. It's no more expensive than a normal skillset to learn (And less so in terms of commodities than several others.).
  • Eh, more meant the useful stuff is high up in the skilltree.
  • Everly said:
    From what I've heard (opted not try it), the stealth skillset. Mostly because of how expensive and exclusive it is, I'd wager.
    I would seriously dig some clandestine RP! :3
    The stealth skillset is actually pretty amazing. I'm a bit shocked that people think otherwise.

Evade + Masquerade (Deepcover) are reason enough to take it on their own.
  • I had a Mag stealth-alt once, and I have to agree; stealth was awesome. Getting the head of a Celestian and running around in Celest was really fun!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I think people get sick of it when, after it came out, it seemed like EVERYBODY was using Stealth, and it was fast becoming annoying. And by people, I guess I can only speak for me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited January 2014
    Classleads is unused :(

I miss reading about things that people think are/are not overpowered in skillsets I can't play around with.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Placeus said:
    Classleads is unused :(

I miss reading about things that people think are/are not overpowered in skillsets I can't play around with.
    Silly Placeus, everyone knows that anything that kills someone is op, and anything they kill with is not.