Letters of Note

Comments

• I have this preserved in Alary's journal, during a time when she was in the Order and was seeking to make amends.

"I found your letter quite interesting.

On Will ? Yes, we often think too hard upon it, and thus, it eludes us
    even more. However, it is something that should constantly be in the
    background of our thoughts, lest we loose our way and fall even further
    from our "selves". To want to carve your OWN path is a wonderful thing,
    and I'm glad to hear you say it! There is much to be said for the person
    who does not allow themselves to be drawn into a "conceptual" way of
    thinking or being. Be Yourself, but in doing so, make sure you learn and
    grow from experiences and interactions with people. From trials and
    tribulations.

With that said, I would also like to agree with your opinion on
    'rigidity' and use of the word 'proper'. It is my belief that there is
    no 'proper' way, just something that is successful or not. There is no
    formula for a path, nor should you seek one to then dissect and change
    into your own. Our actions and words define us, and while we should ever
    seek brevity and lightheartedness, we should also bear responsibility
    for what we do, as well as how we act. Remember, you are refining
    yourself, do not be afraid to note flaws, nor be disheartened when
    others point them out. Simply LEARN from the experience, and come out
    better for it.

I hope that you are earnest, and look forward to seeing the progression
    of a 'battle scholar', as you call it. If you ever need thoughts on any
    written works, or anything else I can provide, let me know.

Persayis"

I love it a lot, it just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    My dear, yet distant friend,

I regret that the trials of the past years have distanced me from many whose counsel I previously held in much regard. For this, I can only offer my apologies - especially since in all that happened, you always sought to listen and support without judgement. I am sorry that my reclusiveness detracted from my gratitude to you, for all that you did and said.

Though I do not wish this to become a belated list of apologies, I cannot go further without also mentioning my regret that I could not serve Glomdoring as you wished - at least, not indefinitely. To be truthful, I am glad that I retired as Regent when I did. I was tremendously ill-equipped to lead us in what was to come, and had I not...I fear I would not still be here, within the forest. Not after what was said to me, even when I did not stand as Glomdoring's leader. Then, it would have been all the more painful - and final.

Still, my Lady offers me rebirth in Her way - painful and wrought with thorns, shrill and damning, but a rebirth nonetheless. So in Her strain of the Song have I found that I wish to be nothing more than what I am. That I can accept now my true purpose - to bring the umbral embrace of the Wyrd to those who lack its glory.

In this our Lord has aided me, for with the gift of His blessing I am in a position to offer great counsel and guidance to those who seek it. Yet, I find myself at a loss for where to begin. Many of the Order's scrolls are out of date, and I feel like perhaps the advancement is too prescribed. Yet these are things all new leaders deal with.

What I want to do...what I really want to do...is to turn the Order into what it should be. His family. His Childryn. One and unified and beautiful. And in this...I have no idea where to begin.

Will you help me, my friend? I would not do it without you.

Tacita
  • Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:
    When I bought my personal shop in Glomdoring, I found a slew of preserved letters that had been left behind by the previous owner. I'm not sure why some of them were preserved, as some were short and simple trade orders, but a few were very, very interesting... such as one that detailed a list of conditions that Narsrim would have had to meet if he ever had any hope of joining Glomdoring (which to my knowledge never happened). I'm not going to share the letter here, being an old-school secretive Glomdorian and such, but it's definitely one of the most interesting letters I've ever seen, even if it wasn't addressed to me, is by now centuries old and even might have been before my time.
    He did manage to join once, over my strenuous objections.

There was a list of conditions that he failed to meet, so exactly 30 days later I had the distinct pleasure of typing "ostracize Narsrim" and then pressing enter to commit the command.
    I remember that... so much debate, so much back and forth bickering, twas interesting to somewhat young Morshoth.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Morshoth said:
    Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:
    When I bought my personal shop in Glomdoring, I found a slew of preserved letters that had been left behind by the previous owner. I'm not sure why some of them were preserved, as some were short and simple trade orders, but a few were very, very interesting... such as one that detailed a list of conditions that Narsrim would have had to meet if he ever had any hope of joining Glomdoring (which to my knowledge never happened). I'm not going to share the letter here, being an old-school secretive Glomdorian and such, but it's definitely one of the most interesting letters I've ever seen, even if it wasn't addressed to me, is by now centuries old and even might have been before my time.

There was a list of conditions that he failed to meet, so exactly 30 days later I had the distinct pleasure of typing "ostracize Narsrim" and then pressing enter to commit the command.
    I remember that... so much debate, so much back and forth bickering, twas interesting to somewhat young Morshoth.
    Was that before or after he convinced Serenwilde to let him in, which also goes down as one of our most severe errors in judgement? I sense a pattern...
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Tacita said:
    There is an awesome blog called Letters of Note which digs out bits of correspondence from the past, sometimes very distant and sometimes not so, and posts it so that people can gain insight into the author/recipient. It's really interesting.

I have a love-hate relationship with letters in Lusternia. They are a pain to put together and preserving ones you want to keep is really hard now (I still lament losing the one where Druken acknowledged Tacita as his daughter) but I'm always excited to receive them, especially if they're for a purpose other than just sending items!

So, this is a thread (because you know, I haven't created enough RP related threads ever - I may be addicted) where you can post letters. Context or no context, funny or angsty, official or casual, whatever you wish. Go for it.

And because it would be rude of me not to, here's one to start things off. I never got a reply to this letter. I also sent it unsigned.

----

I am disappointed in you.

I understand, of course, the need to return
    the need to be home and whole
                    but still
         I am disappointed.

With us, you were -
              could have been
       so much more.

And perhaps this is your rebirth
    your glory at Mahalla's side
             but it is hard to see it that way.

Omg. I always thought this was from @Eliron
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tidings, Entrias of Mine.

I am flattered to see the motifs of the Order engaged your interest
    enough to result in the design you submitted to Me. Bear My blessing for
    their use, and know that as long as your work honours Me and does Me no
    ill will, you shall continue to bear this blessing.

In Beauty,
    Isune, the Aesthete

PS: Best of luck in your nuptials, dear.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Astraea said:
    Tacita said:
    There is an awesome blog called Letters of Note which digs out bits of correspondence from the past, sometimes very distant and sometimes not so, and posts it so that people can gain insight into the author/recipient. It's really interesting.

I have a love-hate relationship with letters in Lusternia. They are a pain to put together and preserving ones you want to keep is really hard now (I still lament losing the one where Druken acknowledged Tacita as his daughter) but I'm always excited to receive them, especially if they're for a purpose other than just sending items!

So, this is a thread (because you know, I haven't created enough RP related threads ever - I may be addicted) where you can post letters. Context or no context, funny or angsty, official or casual, whatever you wish. Go for it.

And because it would be rude of me not to, here's one to start things off. I never got a reply to this letter. I also sent it unsigned.

----

I understand, of course, the need to return
    the need to be home and whole
                    but still
         I am disappointed.

With us, you were -
              could have been
       so much more.

And perhaps this is your rebirth
    your glory at Mahalla's side
             but it is hard to see it that way.

Omg. I always thought this was from @Eliron

I am suprised you didn't eat her face for the subtle jabs at the SDs.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Because I want easy access to my full list of pretentious titles to copy and paste should I ever have an excuse to use  the long forms again:

Minister,

I use all of my titles as part of an effort to keep my letters formal,
    as is demanded by the dignity of my offices. Furthermore the full list
    identifies me with greater precision, and as a man of science I must
    ever strive to be precise.

In deference to practicality, I ordinarily abbreviate my titles. Given
    the nature of this letter, I believe it is entirely proper for me to
    give them in full.

Glory to the Collective,
    Viscount Portius of the Cultured House of Windwhisper
    Librarian of the Glorious Collective of Hallifax
    Execumatrix Magnificus of the Institutional Society of Hallifax for the Improvement of Temporal Knowledge
    Editor of the Hallifaxian Logician
    Weaver of the Aurora in the Service of the Most Beautiful and Eternally Elegant Lady Aesthete
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2013
    I don't remember the exact circumstances that led to this, but it was shortly after Daraius and Sylandra were engaged. 

Your intentions have been noted. I Myself would not be concerned were
    you to style yourself the next Archmage Cririk Adom and ban all but the
    most radical of scientific and artistic pursuits, but I find it markedly
    hypocritical and perhaps a bit sorrowful when you yourself were once so
    full of life and joy, and now remain but a hollow shell of what you once
    were.

You seem torn, Daraius, or else spreading your resources too thinly. You
    are a citizen of Hallifax employing Tahtetso in love with a woman and
    her tiresome foreign Divine. Whatever the case, I simply do not wish to
    see Sylandra forced upon the same path to tragedy that you have taken.
    Beyond this correspondence, My observations on matters pertaining to
    both you and her will be just that - Mine - and you will hear no more of
    them.

The Sidereal Prince
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I just actually received this one about...two minutes before the writing of this post. It's a short one, and very simply written, but...well. This may be the lack of sleep or the recent indulgence in chocolate, but I felt a profound twinge of emotion:

Daddy,

One does hope that your months are going just peachy. I know that I am freshly into the family but I wanted you to know something.

The pride I feel wearing the name Ryseni is overwhelming. I have already cried lots of happy tears. Beaming at total strangers. I feel on top of the world.

You and dad already mean more to me than anything or anyone I have ever known or know. Thank you for finally recognizing me as the daughter you two lost, all those years ago.

I love you,
    Shandra
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    This unexpected letter made my day -

You read what is written on an elegant silver letter trimmed with lace:
    My dearest Heresiarch.

We are friends, and well we both know it. But I fear that time and
    frustrations, while they ensure we are forever on the same side, mean
    that we rarely get to sit and merely pass time. So, while I have a few
    brief moments I may snatch for myself, I scribble these words to you.

They are words of encouragement, to remind you that there are those of
    us who do notice and appreciate the things you do. Though we walk
    different paths and we seek different means of doing things, we will
    ever toil in harmony for the Engine, cogs turning in time to make things
    the best that we might. Never forget that any move you make has an
    impact and that such impacts, from the personal ones, to those you
    inspire in others, will help to create the largest picture.

Shine with the righteous fires of Nil, and continue to draw on the
    teachings of the Church of the Five. You will see the rewards at the
    end, even if we must pass through the dark to find them.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'd stick my "Dear Jane" letter here, but eh... not so much notable as depressing.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Wooo I got a letter!

You read what is written on a sheet of wyrden rose pressed stationery:
    Dear Princess,

I would like to thank you Princess for your devotion and strength to
    rise up and become one of Nights Champions. With your skill and talent I
    am sure fear will be quickly set into the minds of many.

I have enclosed a gift inside this letter. It's design I choose as you
    are amoung the top to help defend our avatars, the beauty within it is
    only a reflection of the Beauty of Mother Night and in turn outwardly is
    seen to others through you. Thank you for your service and I hope if
    elected Queen of Night we can work together for the better of Glomdoring
    and the Coven.

Valonah

(enclosed was a bracelet)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    A letter from a character who suicided right afterwards, though I tried to stop him.

Such a silly thing:
    Such a silly thing this is.
    My love for you.
    You are kind, mysterious and beautiful
    You hold my heart though...
    I do not believe you know.
    Nothing is held against you because it is I who is at fault
    I tried to be gentlman-like, but I failed
    I let the worst of me take over and kiss you
    Just like I let the worst of me slay my family for my own saftey.
    I don't have any friends, so you are all I know
    But you afflict me with things
    You do not care, I know.
    Trying to chase me away.
    Farewell
    Forever milady
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Not enough like buttons for me to click on that one. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Xenthos said:
    Rancoura said:

He shouldn't have been there to begin with....

Mine...

>:P
    Lillie said:

Traitor.
    Oh my.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lillie said:
    All right! I have something to contribute!
    Seriously...props to whoever wrote that. I can taste the venom. Mmm, delicious.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • @Parua wrote it. Give credit where it's due!

I'm sure giving credits where they're due would also be acceptable
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• You read what is written on a sheet of pale blue stationery:

To the esteemed Winter Orchid, Anita Tarsuhl,

As a friend of your father's, I have often heard him speak with pride of
    you, and through him I have heard of your upcoming nuptials.

While something of an unoriginal wedding gift; I do hope this small
    bouquet of unique Hallifaxian flowers is pleasing to you, and adds to
    the beauty of your wedding-day.

May your marriage be a joyful one!

Yours,

A friend in Hallifax.

I *still* don't know who sent me this!
    I wrote @synkarin one but forgot to post it. Crap.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    :o hopefully you'll log in and get my snarky reply

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Why must you reject my love.
    That's not love you feel, it's gas.