Covenants...

So the Hartstone and Shofangi guilds are in the process of forming a Covenant.....and I am finding that I really hate the Divine approval requirement....as the year is almost almost over, only 10 days left and yet for over half the year we have been waiting for the Patron (Hoaracle - of both guilds) to complete the process and to date neither guild has heard anything from him about it. I hate things that make us wait on the largely inactive gods that plague this realm. I wasn't like getting the six guild leaders to agree to this wasn't hard enough given that several of them hardly qualify as active themselves....but such is the case in Lusternia always waiting on inactive people.

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    4991h, 6900m, 6900e, 10p exk-01-28-2014 @ 19:26:39 
    This day the Shofangi Guild formed a covenant with the Hartstone Guild in order 
    to strengthen their ties together.
    4991h, 6900m, 6900e, 10p exk-01-28-2014 @ 19:27:00 
  • And the Covenant has been approved, I'm very happy. I was afraid we were going to have to start all over again on the new year!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited January 2014
    Do remember that the Divine are volunteer admin, and as such have not only lives, jobs and social obligations of their own beyond the game, but projects within it to work on. Not everything can be done as quickly as we perceive it to be possible from our, often limited, understanding.

In short, patience, and a friendly OOC message just to confirm that it's possible to be done before jumping in with the big green "MERGE" button ahead of time, saves a lot of stress and panic.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I feel ya, the ur'Guard and Geomancers when through the whole process TWICE and we didn't have any active divine to approve it whatsoever. We gave up trying to get it done.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• There really should be some kind of fallback for when there are no active Divine. Perhaps an approval by @Estarra?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    I thought Morgfyre was at least semi-active these days...  Also pretty sure Raezon lurks behind the scenes (though whether he actively plays any IC role anymore is questionable, I've seen Him post here on the forums on more than one occasion, but have not seen Him in Lusternia for a LOOOOONG time now)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    There should definitely be the option of "Call @Estarra" if your patrons are MIA... That said, covenant does need a bit of work... the point tends to be rather to have active leadership of one guild supplement less active leadership of the other guild... but it seems GL favours shared between covenant guilds are worth less than half of what they should, never mind that you can't read/writelog your covenant guild in case someone left some sort of message on the records. All in all, it is a good idea... but I feel that the execution ended up not being as great as it could've been.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Morgfyre and Raezon are both active.
  • Kagato said:
    I thought Morgfyre was at least semi-active these days...  Also pretty sure Raezon lurks behind the scenes (though whether he actively plays any IC role anymore is questionable, I've seen Him post here on the forums on more than one occasion, but have not seen Him in Lusternia for a LOOOOONG time now)
    maybe be true now, Morgfyre was not at the time, no idea about Raezon but I heard he objected to the covenant or some such. This was back in August/September maybe? I do not remember exactly but its been a while now!
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Isune said:
    Morgfyre and Raezon are both active.
    Raezon hasn't spoken outside of messages in a while -.-