favorite/most-memorable moment of lusternia?

comedy drama ownage Divine rage all the good stuff

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    For me it was a discussion with @Nihmriel in which she coached Daraius on how to contend with love. She did her cool, patient, perfectly analytical evaluation, then shared an intimate character secret, all the while offering advice that was deeply formative of Dar's worldview.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Just HEARING about the story that when Fain's wolf got choked out by Eventru, Fain literally threw meteors into Celest and set the entire city on fire until Eventru begged him to stop
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    The first time Tacita saw Xynthin after he'd unveiled himself, he reached out to hold her, and she pulled away because the whole thing was so confusing. He then turned and looked at her and was so sad and hurt. After that he carried on talking to people but I will always remember that moment because it was so pivotal, and I shall never know what would've happened if she hadn't flinched, and I sort of love that.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Mine is silly, my character has been and done a ton of things much bigger than this but for some reason it just stays with me.

My favorite memory was when Fain raised a monument in Magnagora to himself, and Celina read the inscription randomly one day. Even though the inscription isn't credited to her, the poem can be found in a book Celina wrote for Fain ages ago. I just remember the feeling of complete shock and flattery that a god created a permanent addition to the game and his order from something I wrote.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Similarly, but OOCly, when Serenwilde's Vengeance game first came out, there were a number of references that seemed to come straight out of the book I wrote about the Seren Civil War. When I asked an admin about it, the response was, "Well, we can't share, but let's just say that we drew heavily on certain sources *wink wink*". Totally and completely made my day.

My favorite in recent memory was during the wonky weather. Ev tried to talk to Brother Eagle and Brother Jaguar, but got no response. So he went to talk to Sister Wolverine in the collegium. Now, Everiine is honoured and favoured by Jaguar and Eagle (completing both of their spiritual paths in the Serenguard), but he is not at all favoured by Wolverine. Still, he tried anyway, and approached her with strong respect and humility, and she agreed to speak to him. You can find the actual interaction here. It was exciting because the admin behind her seemed to know about the Warrior Spirits and who they are, which was super awesome!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • one I like it went kinda like is me: gee that's too long of a title @Marcella I think I will call you Marcy! Marcella: let's not. me: but it sounds adorable! Marcella: no it sounds like I want to choke the life out of you
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've had Hart talk to me a few times during events, which is always cool.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Divine interactions are always enjoyable to me, even if they are very short. They stand out for me. Some favourites:

- Secret order RP involving a little girl living in a tomb, her identity, and how she came to be there (and my map failing me, leaving me horribly disoriented during the quest and suddenly getting big bold text in front of me - SOUTH, YOU INTREPID EXPLORER)
    - Helping Latifa the first time with her oil of ur'Lae, the fun noble rp amidst the questing.
    - Anytime I've gone to Zvoltz for insight/wisdom, especially the day he told me I shamed him on a point of teaching because none of His followers has supposedly ever considered it.
    - Yomoigu (while still the voice) calling me ugly and wondering at my (viscanti) existance, and that whole encounter where someone possessed my maid as I was looking about and thinking I was hearing things, enhancing the whole experience.

And most of all:
    - Everytime Morgfyre has given me a heart-attack by appearing in my manse or a priest of his has, or as a voice in my head, anytime He has told me I please Him, or called me Daughter, pushed me to achieve many things starting with demigod, honoured me, mildly mocked Ixion's lack of charm with me, insulted other divine (teehee whore in the west), encouraged me, counselled me, given me shiny things.  And of course the big things, being named Chosen and made avatar, then given another kick in the backside to form a cult. So many encounters that come together to make one hell of a gaming experience for me. It's what keeps me coming back for more.

• edited January 2014
    The very first large scale Supernal Raid (November 2004). I remember it because no one in Magnagora knew how to get to the Supernals and Fain was sending me messages with directions:

43   Fain            11/04 18:58     West, West, NW, SW, East, Enter Flame
       42   Fain            11/04 18:56     Directions from pool to methrenton:

Kaervas melding every single road room in the basin also sticks out, his demesne looped around the basin from the North Mag entrance to Celest and back to the South Mag entrance.

Tainting of the Fae was pretty cool as well, back before Glomdoring. I'll always remember finding one of the hidden bookcases with a fragment of the poem, it's still on Astral if you know where to look.

Jumping forwards in time, Kryden Valik's release and being the first to summon Crazen was awesome, similar thing with releasing Zenos and getting into Climanti Past.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Three things stick out to me:

As Shaddus, the time Fain pulled his throne up through the floor of the stage room just to watch a play with us. It was a small thing, but I found it really amazing at the time.

As Llewell, i designed a tapestry for Maylea, but went to Her in person to ask permission to submit it. She actually asked me not to submit it, because she felt it was too personal and revealing. I don't know how she actually felt about it as a player or IC, but I was actually really honored because it hit close to home and I hope she liked it.

As Entrias, it was either the time Isune sent me a letter saying I had permission to design things with her symbol, or the talk we had about why trill don't have languages.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Drama/Rage:

(Warning: long and boring story)

My first character was Mysti, an Aquamancer. I had been playing Lusternia for about a month, and IRE games for not much longer than that. I had about an hour a day to play at my job as a security guard; I was the definitive noob with very little time to invest in Lusternia. I enjoyed it anyway.

I was GR3, and approached my GA (Isluna) about how i could help the guild. She mentioned a need for undersecretaries, and after she explained what they did, I volunteered.

Two days later, she calls me to her office, where she sits with the GM, Faragan at the time. Without a warning, they upgrade me to secretary and tell me I'm taking over the guild shop in the city. Well, ok. We walk there, and the stockroom has precisely two blue slings and a third of a keg of bromides, along with a pile of gold. She takes the gold for depositing, leaving me some seed money to get started on restocking. I didn't know what I was doing, but I started looking around in the plex for deals to make a profit on.

Oddly enough, a player (Kharaen) was dumping a crap-ton of jewelry in the aetherplex. Dozens of enchanted rings, bracelets, necklaces, wands, you name it. I snatched it up and dumped it into the guild shop, spending time to probe and price things. This was before the enchantments would show in WARES, so I had to provide labeling for each enchantment which thankfully was enchanted 1:1 with a design. I was pretty pleased with myself. The profits from the jewelry ended up going back into stock, some clothing as well as kegs of stuff. Keep in mind that I could only put about an hour a day into Lusternia, so it took me a while to get this done.

After about two weeks, Isluna comes to me and asks why the guild hasn't been getting deposits. I explained that I had been putting it back into stock, because the guild shop had been practically empty when I got it. I was accused of stealing from the guild, guild disfavored and removed from Secretary/Undersec. I explained that I had poured everything I had into the shop, and Isluna ended up taking all the leftover jewelry out and giving it to me. I took it, asked someone to smelt it all down and ended up giving them half the comms, the rest being donated to the city. Not long after, I lost interest in celest and started playing my second character, a Magnagoran. I accidently let it slip over an OOC clan that I had a mag alt, and my IC husband got pissed. Not much later, I found out he had started hanging out with another pretty Aquamancer when I wasn't around, and he divorced me for her because "my soul was black". He was actually pissed oocly that I had a mag alt.

/pant

/endrant
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's some serious wonkiness.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2014
    Bleh, never pleasant when people carry bias across characters.  Stinks of breaching IC/OOC separation.

Kagato may have a bit of a bone to pick with people like Lavinya/Leolamins/other Magnagorans, but OOC I know they are pretty decent people ^_^

I'd have to think a little about my 'favorite' moment (don't really have time to ponder much over it as I am at work at the moment), I'll make another post later.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    There are many, but the best was probably winning Talthos after nearly a RL year of not having it, or any village at all for RL months. Was 4-5 hours to finish it, and ended up featuring pretty much every active Hallifax player (at the time) during some point of its duration.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    My first real interaction with @Eventru, about...two weeks after Eri had left his Order and Celest. He showed up, took my coronet and threw it into the Flame. There was also a lot of shade.

It was awesome.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    The event post gave me credit. That's all that matters.
  • I do not have the memory from all the way back, but one of my favorite times was a domoth on crumkindivia where we held the dock so the enemy group used a construct to show up.

We had just kicked a group off Crumkindivia and had raised meld and shrine powers.

We tried to rush them but they had the new aerochem skill to block the exit so we couldn't do it.  We were sitting there waiting and an idea occured to me, "Do we have a mage?".  Alary raised her hand. I closed the door and said magelock, to which I then had to wait for her to look up syntax, because no one uses it anymore.

I used eavesdrop so we could hear in on what was being said and waited.

They discussed their plans, tactics, and said... heck let me try to phrase it out:

Malicia says, "Ready?"    "Here we go."

Malicia says, "...."   "They locked the door."

At this point I relay what is being said and we start laughing.

Rivius has an excellent idea though, "Crash the door down."

To which we begin hearing the thuds from the other side.

Xenthos yells, "Good idea, but that is reinforced iron."

And thus begins the storm of unhappy from the other side of the door. They are not locked indoors in distort, which effectively locks almost every form of movement since you have to usually be outdoors and distort stops what you can be indoors for.  It is at this point they realize they will have to construct out.

Malicia says, ".....Distort is slowing using the construct to leave."  

We didn't know it did that, we are now rolling in laughter.

We are having a discussion on our side of the door and people are talking, and it is just entertaining... one of my favorite parts were:
    Someone says (cant recall who), "Shouldn't we be on guard, they could pull something."

To which I had to say, "What are they going to do? Have a good idea?"   Even I could not think of a readily available way out of the situation, they had to wait the full time on construct.

All good things have to end, they do eventually start it, and we start using rad and such to try to break people up. Some people are left behind, which we kill, and I do not even remember if they bothered coming back.

It is one of those times I was proud, because unorthodox thinking made for some good entertainment, at least to our side. At this point though, I think the other side is probably laughing at it now too.  

As an aside, I do not believe Celest puts their construct behind that door anymore.

<3