The Anime Archive - anime and gaming reviews by... me! >_>

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited January 2014 in The Real World
Ok, so here's the lowdown. Back in 2011 I started a small site known as Teshimine's Anime Archive, where I was going to write reviews for anime series that I felt deserved either a heap of praise or a text-related beatdown, but due to financial issues I had been going through at the time, I ended up having to give up some luxuries I had at the time, including some domain names under my ownership.

I'm not one to give things up easily however, so I've decided to give the anime archive a new home under my personal website and get things back up and running again. I kind of want to do some reviews on animes that people would actually like to see given a bit of a beatdown or a decent review from a different point of view.

So, I've set up a poll with some animes I have in mind, the series that has the most votes by January 31st will be the next series I review. If you have any suggestions for animes that I should review, please list them here (No hentai series though.)

The poll is also anonymous, so people will not be able to see which series you have voted for.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    As for the archive itself, it is located at http://glenstradwick.com/animearchive 

(I have already transferred over all the old reviews from my original site, so there is a good 5 or 6 reviews already in place)

One day left to cast your votes - I will be closing voting in 24 hours from the time of this post.  Currently it looks like I will be reviewing .hack//SIGN for my next review.

edited January 2014
    I need a tie-breaker vote! Anyone out there willing to cast the deciding vote? Either Slayers or .hack//SIGN

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Kagato said:
    I need a tie-breaker vote! Anyone out there willing to cast the deciding vote? Either Slayers or .hack//SIGN
    Quick, two votes for Sailor Moon! GO GO GO GO!
  • I voted for Slayers >_> <3
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I voted for Sailor Moon, because Parua told me to. I really don't care, otherwise.
  • What? I did not!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ayup, you're right. It was Zouviqil after all.
    Ok, so now we have gone from a 2-way tie to a THREE way tie.  I still need a tie-breaker vote.

• Enyalida was supposed to vote for Slayers, not Sailor Moon, so that would be your tie breaking vote!
    Slayers it is then!

I'll likely work on recording it on Monday or Tuesday, so I'll post a link to the review later in the week once it is up.

Ok, here is the plan at this point in time.  February is going to be Slayers Month!

Review 1 (estimated release: Feb 7): Slayers (Original series)
    Review 2 (estimated release: Feb 14): Slayers Next
    Review 3 (estimated release: Feb 21) Slayers Try
    (Possible) Review 4: Slayers Revolution and Evolution:R

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Darn. Good try, Sailor Moon voters!
    Zouviqil said:
    Darn. Good try, Sailor Moon voters!
    Just because it lost, it doesn't mean it's off the list altogether, just means I will review it at a later point in time :)

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I am Sailor Shaddus, champion of alts! On behalf of  half the player base, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you! 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ...puella magi madoka magica
  • Just don't watch an anime labeled boku...
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Boku no Pico is a meme in the anime world and I suggest everyone watch it just to be in on the meme
    Sorry, slight delay in getting the review out due to unexpected RL stuff, it will be up very likely tomorrow.  Planning to make sure the rest are up on schedule.

Yes I know it is much later than planned, but the first review of Slayers Month is up!

(I plan to have the second review, Slayers Next, up on schedule)

edited February 2014
    Sorry guys!  WAAAAAY behind schedule due to RL stuff, but here is part 2.  I'm going to really pull finger this weekend and hope to have the Slayers TRY review out early this coming week.

Next month's intended reviews:

Angelic Layer
    Midori no Hibi (Midori Days)
    Mahou Sensei Negima
    Vampire Princess Miyu

(Yes, I intend to do Sailor Moon, but it will likely be another "Month" series, so I can focus on R, S, SuperS and Stars)

(Also yes, I know I intended to do a recorded version of my reviews, but I simply haven't had time lately.  I'm hoping to start doing recorded reviews from next month, starting with the Angelic Layer review.)