Newbie Transition

so yeah... apparently Dark Grimoire isn't a real text base RPG so I came to this after about of month of my friend begging me to play this instead so any tips? useful syntax commands or whatever?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When in doubt, ask questions. Don't be afraid to ask all of the questions you want, especially over Newbie.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • my friend said it is really more fun to learn on your own but it is so different...
  • I'll second Shaddus. Ask questions. If people are doing something or talking about something in your city/commune or in your guild, don't be afraid to speak up and ask what's going on. Interaction is a wonderful thing.

My other recommendation is to read. When you're learning lessons from an npc, actually read the lesson text (at least the first time), it'll help you get an idea of the flavour and mechanics of the skills you're learning.
  • If you type HELP  index , CGHELP index , GHELP index , CHELP index, then you get a list of useful things you can' read about your city and guild.
    Both will likely have rules that vary per orginisation.
    As Masters of Time, Hallifax keeps careful track of everyone they de-age, for instance.
    While Celestia doesn't want Ithilloids anywhere in their city, etc...