Psychodrama Gestalt

MaligornMaligorn Windborne
edited February 2014 in Ideas
I do not feel the need to transcend Dramatics just so I can play a minigame. At the same time, Psychodrama is quite neat, and I would like to enjoy a full gestalt without having to spend such a honking amount of lessons just to be actually competitive. I think tweaking Psychodrama so that maybe SeventhGestalt comes (much) earlier in the skillset would see Ikon Tournaments much more paid attention to/attended. Does this sound reasonable? Did I do Ideas right?

EDIT: It's totally okay to spend honking amounts of lessons to be competitive in hunting/combat, but not for a minigame. Though I do understand this is tweaked to noncom Influencers who would have no issue with transing Dramatics instead of their secondary/tertiary.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    An option might be to make the full gestalt available earlier, but have the influence defense scale with investment in Dramatics?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I don't really play much, but if your ikons have low recovery do you even need a full one?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Optionally, divorce the gestalt effects on influence from the potential size of the gestalt. Make influence effects via gestalt their own skills.

Nine ikons doesn't feel like enough to me, I can't imagine playing with less!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Having more ikons gives you the flexibility to actually play the game, instead of just hammering away sans strategy with a single combo.

Being able to participate and win credits without near-trans dramatics sounds like a fine idea to me.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No credits, sadly. Ikons are the reward for placing in the rankings. I find it pretty nice, actually, since it means there's no real stakes to winning or losing. If credits were in the picture, there would probably be a lot more competition, and only people who already had credits to trans dramatics would be winning them.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Vivet said:

Ah, okay. Since the advice I seemed to get has mostly been, use faster ones, I wasn't sure if you really needed nine.
  • Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

Ah, okay. Since the advice I seemed to get has mostly been, use faster ones, I wasn't sure if you really needed nine.
    I typically only end up using 6 unless someone really throws me off.

• Zvoltz said:
    Steingrim said:
    Vivet said:

I typically only end up using 6 unless someone really throws me off.
    If you are looking for a way to allow people to use more. What if any over what they were allowed though skill were consumed? There are a ton of low level gestalts people sit on with little real use.