Morkarion v Marcella

sheer luck victories hoooooo

Comments

• That was -very very- good rp.

And yes, I congratulated a tainted one for that victory. Awesome scene!

Deciding to teach Arcanis the ultimate lesson in manners, you point a finger imperiously at him and
    call the curse of the toad down upon his head. You watch in satisfaction as warts break out over his
    skin which then turns green and slimy. Finally, he shrinks and transforms into a large, ugly toad!
    With a telepathic sigh, a pooka tells you that he has lost control of Arcanis's actions.

In order to put the pathetic life of a warty toad out of its misery, you lift a foot and bring it
    down mightily on its bloated green body.
    A warty toad's back breaks under the weight of a heavy foot, its innards spilling out and leaving a
    messy stain on the ground.
    You have slain a warty toad.
    A warty toad wobbles about uncertainly and turns a pale shade of green before suddenly stretching
    and transforming into a demigod. Shaking his head, Arcanis stands before you where once there was a
    toad, looking slightly disoriented and perplexed with his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pixie.
    Arcanis drops the corpse of a pooka.
    Arcanis drops a stalk of faeleaf.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Arcanis, he screams in agony as flames engulf his
    body and burn it to a crisp.
    You tell Lord Fist Arcanis De'Unnero, Chosen of Wrath, "By the by, let that be a lesson in manners.
    I don't need friends to kill some of you one on one."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Dropping a shadow at six twists was painful, and I'll curse epilepsy ticks when applying hemi locks to tendon.

But I'm looking back at a ton of little mistakes I made that added up, good fight o7

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It isn't really that i managed to kill mork, it's that mork failed to kill me, lol
    edited February 2014
    I should have just beast spit ibululu and destro'd my way to victory.

Credit where it's due, you used your abilities to hinder and counter offence. Necromancy is a great skillset if used right, contagion and ecto can be an absolute pain when combined with KD/Stun. It's as much mistakes I made as you playing a great offence.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I appreciate being your first enemy. :>

Needs more assess!
  • edited February 2014
    I do assess, it's just in a seperate window and I gag the output so that my chat window is less spammed

Same here, I moved the assess into a seperate side window so it cuts down on the main window spam, and leaves me a visual display.

Ah, okay. Was just wondering because your other commands are echoed.
    Moving assess to a separate table makes wound tracking much easier, especially in group spam. While other echoes you only need to see for a split second because you can tell what they are, having a full body readout on the screen constantly gives you that extra second to think.

Holy crap that looks pretty.

• Assess tracker FTW. The one I have is crucial to combat. Been slowly making it better. >.< Yours is a fair bit more complex in terms of code, but has (most) of the same data. Not sure how you capture the guild of the target, but I have a few ideas. The rest I can tell!

• Wow....that is *really* pretty. It doubles as, um....discern? is that the one for mana/ego?
    I use Vadi's getinfo script (free add-on with m&m) and added a function that stores the guild members in a table/file, and then it searches the table when I target. Similarly the target's city/commune dictates the color of the target's name, just for fun.
    Marcella said:
    Wow....that is *really* pretty. It doubles as, um....discern? is that the one for mana/ego?
    The stats/power are from discern. The middle will be stance/parry/dodge indicators, if I find some sick inspiration to finish it before the combat overhaul makes it obsolete.
  • No combat overhaul!!!!  No combat overhaul!!!!! Ugh...
  • @Kelly: What framework do you use? Vyzor or Geyser? 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:
    @Kelly: What framework do you use? Vyzor or Geyser? 
    I'm a pretty casual coder and was self-taught on Mudlet/Lua. I just dabbled with GUI development with the basic Mudlet functions, so that became my wheelhouse, as opposed to the more sophisticated frameworks that are available now. Some elements of my GUI, which were adapted from others' code, do use Geyser, and when I was more zealous about making things I found Geyser easier to conceptually understand and pick up. However the above element was done with basic labels and gauges. You can do some pretty cool things with setLabelStyleSheet() - I picked up things from here.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited February 2014
    That thing is pretty inspiring for me to want to make a cool status bar on a side window.

I probably won't end up actually doing it though. Cause, lazy about that.

Edit: Talking about @Kelly's thing.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I was chuckling through all of this read. I love your echos @Marcella!
  • They were originally Thalkros' echos - give credit where credit is due, heheheh