Just curious to know

I gave Makodi very undesirable traits, so I was curious on other characters opinion of him

Comments

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited February 2014
    He's...undesirable. Good job, I guess?

Waiting for any excuse to pawn him off on another guild, if we're being open here.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Parua is embarassed that he is furrikin
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Just make sure that the undesirable traits are clearly an IC thing. If people start to think you're being a jerk as a player, things will go badly.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Parua said:
    Parua is embarassed that he is furrikin
    That's probably a bad thing, then. Intentionally pissing people off as a form of RP will go badly, and Parua is one of the nicer people in Gaudiguch.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Parua said:
    Parua is embarassed that he is furrikin
    That's probably a bad thing, then. Intentionally pissing people off as a form of RP will go badly, and Parua is one of the nicer people in Gaudiguch.
    Oi, you, what about me? D:
    Well, ok. Your RP of pissing people off is acceptable.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You may be my furrikin sidekick. Perhaps you will act as a natural Gaudi repellent.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Your character is obnoxious and Aeral is irritated by the sight of him now.

Just saying.
    Tetra said:

You may be my furrikin sidekick. Perhaps you will act as a natural Gaudi repellent.

You can have him, he repels everyone else too :)
  • heh no I have other characters who aren't so annoying it's just mak and yeah @tetra has a new pet heh even though he isn't furrikin now
  • I can assure you that your other characters, which I've interacted with on Parua and alts, are just as annoying, albeit in different ways.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    I can assure you that your other characters, which I've interacted with on Parua and alts, are just as annoying, albeit in different ways.

as long as they are uniquely annoying and not generic
    Makodi isn't uniquely annoying. He's a bit predictable.

I guess I don't care what you do or how lazy you are, but if you keep dragging down other novices and keeping them from advancing in the game, I'm going to make sure you get booted out of every org you join and you'll have to start over as someone else.
  • Shaddus said:

I'm going to make sure you get booted out of every org you join and you'll have to start over as someone else.

Do you think that's healthy for the game to target someone that way?

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

I'm going to make sure you get booted out of every org you join and you'll have to start over as someone else.

Only if the target is systematically and deliberately degrading everyone else's experience, especially novices.

I have no idea if this actually the case here. But if I knew someone was going around, alting in every guild, and spending their time pulling everyone down on purpose, yeah, I'd say it's better for the game to lose the one person than to have them drive everyone else away.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

Only if the target is systematically and deliberately degrading everyone else's experience, especially novices.

I have no idea if this actually the case here. But if I knew someone was going around, alting in every guild, and spending their time pulling everyone down on purpose, yeah, I'd say it's better for the game to lose the one person than to have them drive everyone else away.

I don't think one new player can really manage to wreck the game for other novices.  I mean, new players should experience rivalries, disappointments, or hardships like everyone else.  Maybe other players disagree, but your character's life is not always going to be a walk in the park.  But that's just my opinion/experience.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

There was one individual who scammed many other players out of credits.  One of "her" tricks was to make a character with the same name as a renowned and well-liked Lusternian on another game, pretend to be her, and ask for credit "loans" relying on the credibility of the real player.

This individual ended up getting banned from IRE entirely.

There are indeed certain players who just are not healthy for the community, and that was one of 'em.
  • edited March 2014
    Xenthos said:
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

There was one individual who scammed many other players out of credits.  One of "her" tricks was to make a character with the same name as a renowned and well-liked Lusternian on another game, pretend to be her, and ask for credit "loans" relying on the credibility of the real player.

There are indeed certain players who just are not healthy for the community, and that was one of 'em.

That sounds like an extreme case that warranted admin intervention.  I'm sure if it gets to that point where the playerbase is being scammed outright, that's different, and admin will step in because it is their job. As a player of the game, pitchfork mobbing someone(even discreetly) because someone else's character is annoying seems a bit much.  There are annoying people in everyday life as well, and having them around makes Lusternia more realistic. But I don't go out of my way to destroy them with a pre-meditated, OOC agenda.  That's a little psychopathic.

Tetra said:
    Xenthos said:
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

That sounds like an extreme case that warranted admin intervention.  I'm sure if it gets to that point where the playerbase is being scammed outright, that's different, and admin will step in because it is their job. As a player of the game, pitchfork mobbing someone(even discreetly) because someone else's character is annoying seems a bit much.  There are annoying people in everyday life as well, and having them around makes Lusternia more realistic. But I don't go out of my way to destroy them with a pre-meditated, OOC agenda.  That's a little psychopathic.
    I remember someone getting kicked from the Lusternian facebook rant group (the only person who ever has) because they were going out of their way to destroy someone with a pre-meditated OOC agenda...
    Tetra said:
    Shaddus said:

In a word? Yes.

I've watched Makodi in three different orgs sit around and do nothing, refusing to do college tasks or advance in any way. That's not an issue. It's when he slows down other novices, keeping them from doing their own tasks and distracting others that I get irritated. If he wants to be a nuisance, he can be a nuisance off somewhere else.
  • Xenthos said:
    I remember someone getting kicked from the Lusternian facebook rant group (the only person who ever has) because they were going out of their way to destroy someone with a pre-meditated OOC agenda...

So what I'm hearing you say is, by posting in a facebook group you can destroy someone in-game.  How is it possible to destroy a character when you are speaking directly to the player?

Destroy is a very powerful word.  It means to literally obliterate someone.  Are you saying that Facebook is part of the game and should be viewed that way?

The ladies who moderate the Facebook group have a reason to strongly dislike me, for very specific reasons that I will not get into too much detail about(see: minstrel founding). They are not admin of Lusternia itself, or dealing with an issue within the game itself, so your comparison of a character being banned from IRE doesn't hold any relevance to the conversation.  

When I speak out-of-character, in a forum or group, I am speaking to the player as a person.  

Not sure how you correlate a discussion OOC to a motivation ICly, unless someone makes a very exact statement as Shaddus did, "I will make sure you are pushed out of every org in game." 

When I called out that individual on shady behaviour, it has nothing to do with the game or what happens in it.  I just think he is a crumby person, which is my opinion, not an absolute fact.

Also, said individual has made very similar statements of "I will make sure you never get into Celest."  Just goes to prove what Iasmos said in the past, that OOC/IC barrier is like a really thin membrane with holes poked in it.  Most people will pretend that what they say OOC is justifiable for IC reasons.

Talking to someone directly about something OOC, in an OOC platform, is not boundary breaking, because there is no boundary to break.

By the way, Tetra? It isn't always about you, dear :)

You weren't kicked from the Rants Facebook Page because I do or don't like you. You were kicked out because you're exceptionally pedantic and tend to like to argue in convoluted threads for hours. You tend to enjoy trolling others, akin to holding your finger a centimeter away from someone's nose and screaming, "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!", and then claiming innocence when called on it.

Since this thread is quickly turning into a hotbed of personal attacks or people fishing for them. I'm going to bow out. Peace.
  • Xenthos said:
    I will point out that I am not discussing arguments / debate (which clearly I enjoy), but instead certain actions that were taken which were nothing more than absolutely blatant personal attacks and attempts to damage the player themselves.  The actions that were taken were tasteless, crude, and completely unacceptable.

I just feel like you need to consider that when you say certain things... you should reflect on your own actions as well, because you're not a saint in this regard.  The game would be a much better place for all players if this sort of thing just went away in its entirety and did not resurface.

Yes, people should be held accountable for their actions and words.  The individual disclosed personal information which was triggering and made me highly uncomfortable.  It is more unacceptable to condone the behaviour than to air it publicly.  Is Facebook the best place to discuss it?  No.  I can take responsibility for that part.

These topics were brought up in the game, through tells, and were highly inappropriate.  You are seeing one part of the whole situation, as an observer, so there is a lot which you are missing up to the point it was discussed openly.

The individual I was speaking to was not from a player perspective, but directly to the person. Referring to them as 'the player' insinuates that whatever is being discussed links to the game, which it was not.  

If you feel it is best not to have it resurface, then we shouldn't discuss it, unless you want to find some solution and implement it.  All the complaints people can't get away with on the forum ends up in the group, so it is designed to propagate these topics.  

• Celina said:
    I've banned people from the SDs and blocked them from Glomdoring for purely OOC reasons and do not regret it nor think twice about my integrity for doing so. I just find a way to justify it IC. There are simply some players that are bad for your org, they are toxic, hateful, and spread ill will like a disease and I simply have no interest in tolerating them nor watching them ruin the game for other players. I'll grief a bitch until they don't want to play anymore, but not everyone has that ability. I will fight the good fight on their behalf. It is very rare, but I'm an old cranky player, and whether justified or not I feel a certain responsibility to keep the game enjoyable for the baby gloms and baby SDs.

I respect that you can be candid and transparent about your decision making process(which I experienced directly when Astraea and I were bloodbonding).  I'm curious though, isn't griefing someone for an OOC motivation equally toxic? I mean that as a serious question because I want to hear your thoughts, not for the sake of debate.

I think someone who really wants to support the game would want all the players to get involved and immersed, even if their role does not directly "benefit" our characters.  

It has nothing to do with "benefiting" the characters / player... if the character in question is run by a person who, on an OOC level, is well-known for wreaking havoc wherever they go, why would you want to subject your organization / your new players to that?  It's not really "creating" a toxic environment; it's more like dropping water purifying tablets into the water to keep the poisons at bay.
This discussion has been closed.