m&m system & questions thread

Comments

• Good idea, I'll use the alias suggestion. And I hadn't noticed that trueblind was on in the defs list, that makes sense now.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You're not going to want to keepup psionic secondsight. If someone has a way to strip it from you (like glamours and some other skills_, you'll keep going off equilibrium to put it back up. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • m&m automatically uses faeleaf when in combat. I've never had it try to use secondsight to keepup trueblind. It only uses secondsight when you use the defup command - ie when you're not in combat.

• Is there any easy way to maintain m&m on multiple computers? I'm syncing my profiles using dropbox, but that doesn't sync m&m.
  • m&m doesn't store it's settings and it itself anywhere outside of the profile folder, so I'd have to ask what exactly are you syncing if it is not working
  • I will double check and get back to you, but I'm syncing the entire mudlet folder (/.config/mudlet) using the directions from here: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1731, and I got everything but m&m copied over.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    If you copy your profile folder to dropbox, you can use it to constantly have a saved version of your settings.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    So I feel like I'm missing something obvious. What's the configuration for staying mounted/dismounted?

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    mmkeep riding.
  • The 'va' alias is also a shortcut for it.
  • Tavon said:
    I will double check and get back to you, but I'm syncing the entire mudlet folder (/.config/mudlet) using the directions from here: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1731, and I got everything but m&m copied over.
    To follow up, this process worked fine. No idea why I didn't see m&m the first time.
  • What's going on with the current influencer?

The only thing inf all will do for me is empower. It will not write the dispositions to the .db at all. the only exception to that is anything listed as a guard. I noticed the gags ONLY gag the empower messages as well...
  • I noticed this ages ago, tried to diagnose the problem but I'm not smart enough. Now that i've got a good logger I should post an example. Have you noticed that seduction seems the most bugged? Also I noticed the same thing as you, and felt like it was never analysing because something was missing from one of the 'early' scripts in the influencing process... I just use the 'demonnic' one instead, but Vadi's is miles better (at empowering. lol). Maybe we can all look at what's happening here...
  • Aye this is a problem for be since I am a bard, I get most most of my experience from influencing and this burned through a LOT of bromides before I noticed.

So here's what I noticed after ungagging. There is no analyzing occuring, so the issue is likely there. why isn't in analyzing and writing dispositions to file?

To test that everything afterwards works properly I manually wrote the dispositions into the .db and tested it, much to my happiness it does in fact choose the proper methods after doing that, but that does require letting it run through an inf all in your usual hunting grounds once first and then using something like SQLite sorcerer to write in your dispositions manually afterwards.
  • edited February 2014
    Already asked @Vadi, perhaps someone else might be able to answer, too...

Anyone have any clue as to why:
      A sophisticated viscanti assistant grabs you firmly and pulls you in close, jabbing a concealed blade into your neck, before shoving you backwards.

Isn't registering the paralysis, once placed inside of the Paralysis bashing trigger? I made sure all the spacing and everything was correct, but it still doesn't want to focus out of it... A

Same goes for these lines, as well:
     Chanting in a deep, baleful voice, Prudenzio d'Murani glares at you as your muscles suddenly stiffen and lock up.
     Chanting in a deep, baleful voice, a stern archlich glares at you as your muscles suddenly stiffen and lock up.

As a note, yes! 'tn bashing' has already been used. To no effect.

Picture highly relevant:
  • To add to the above: http://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6fdc7d8e - A log of what's happening, this happens on each of them - It won't even cure the prone before the paralysis, I have to manually do both... Not life threatening, but a little bit annoying sometimes, when I forget.

('double' post, because couldn't get the log until too late)
  • Is your wrapwidth set to zero? If it isn't, then the wrapping would not match with your exact match triggers. I think. That's the only thing I can imagine would cause the problem, at least.

• @Lerad, yes, it is. It's one of the first things I do when making IRE characters.

To test a few more things: It will occasionally not cure from the paralysis that the Orc elders in Shallach Ruins gives. As such, it will refuse to cure prone because the paralysis hasn't been cured. (And won't actually recognise the paralysis as being cured, so won't stand until I use 'mmreset affs')

Basically every single other bashing cure works, -except- for the paralysis, and I can't for the life of me, figure out why.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Throw into your code a cecho before and after the mm.valid.proper_paralysis(). So it should be this:

cecho("<red:white>THIS CODE IS BEING TRIGGERED")
    mm.valid.proper_paralysis()
    cecho("<white:blue>PARALYSIS SHOULD BE REGISTERED NOW")

If the code doesn't send the first cecho, that means there's an issue with the code grabbing the line. If the code doesn't send the second cecho, that means that there's an issue with the mm.valid.proper_paralysis() function. If all three go, you may have another trigger elsewhere overriding the paralysis.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Generally you should check out if there are any errors in the scripting window after the trigger line fires. 

I'm pretty convinced that there's a phantom paralysis bug in m&m, but if this happens for prone/sprawled or other affs too then that's not your issue. Do you have gmcp enabled (go to Mudlet settings)? Another probably unlikely cause, but make sure m&m is not ignoring the paralysis aff (MMIGNORE PARALYSIS should toggle it on/off).
  • Huh... Apparently it's fixed itself after I got frustrated and went to sleep. Perhaps I just needed to restart, and it wasn't recognising I'd added the lines into the trigger. I dunno Q_Q

Thanks anyways!
  • I've already asked in a message, but now that you've pasted the trigger line you used - there's a space at the end of the pattern.

• Vadi said:
    I've already asked in a message, but now that you've pasted the trigger line you used - there's a space at the end of the pattern.
    Yep, was beyond tired. Already mentioned to a friend that it was probably something stupid that I was missing. Thanks for the prompt replies in regards to my silly questions.
  • Mudlet stresses me out more than it should, but I've got this baby physically installed. However, all of these config questions are a bit overwhelming and I feel like a noob all over again trying to remember what the heck some of these things are, let alone what percentages are appropriate. Would anyone be willing to take a few minutes and walk through the active install with me? I would really appreciate it. 
  • It'll probably be easier to ask in game, OOCly, of course. Vadi himself will probably be willing, so will most Glom people who use the system. Just poke someone OOCly to see if they have the time or can refer you to someone else they know who have the time. If the questions are more general (like how does parry work, which body parts are more important to parry, what herb can cure blindness etc) then you can ask them ICly as well.

• I'm not in the clan so I don't know who else has the system to ask. :/ I'll poke around though, I just hate pesterirng people with OOC IG. 
  • If you mean sipping, herb and reading percentages, I think I have 80% set. Could be higher. You need to experiment with that a bit and see what is too little or too much. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I have aliases set up to switch my priorities around depending on what mode I'm in.

For combat: I scroll at 90%, sparkle at 80-85% and sip at health around 60-65%, and mana/ego around 70%.

For bashing: I sip at 90%, scroll at 75% and sparkle at 50% with health.

For influencing: I sip at 90%, scroll at 75% and sparkle at 50% with ego.

• Thank you!

Scrolls are entirely new to me and had me scratching my head a bit. 
  • Yeah, you do want to know your basics (or ask around), the system installation doesn't teach you them.