The Sacrifice of Zvoltz the Architect

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
edited February 2014 in Event Scrolls

A sharp crack echoes through reality, resounding from Avechna's Peak.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "No! This cannot be!"

The image of the Seal of Justice flickers in the sky above the Basin of Life, slowly revolving as cracks spread across its surface in a spiderweb of inky darkness.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "It is not yet time! An Ascendant has not been chosen!"

The fulminating form of the Elder God Zvoltz ascends into the skies around Hallifax, power crackling around His body.

It is now the 17th of Estar, 377 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Resinous plumes unfurl across the sky as Mysrai, Resin Child turns Her gaze to the First World.

Ribbons of brilliant colour flash across the sky, the prismatic display heralding the arrival of Isune, the Aesthete to mortal perception.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "I will put this aright, Avechna."

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "What is it You intend? Zvoltz, speak to Me!"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Brother, what are You..."

Kalas Ixion, The Devouring Blade intones, "So You're saying.. You'll do the Seal justice, Lord Zvoltz?"

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Close your mouth, Ixion, before We close it for you!"

Veils flicker across the sky, heralding a cry of utmost relief. In the aftermath, the whispering skeins fade slowly from existence, leaving the sky stained scarlet and copper in their wake.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "I am one of the first Star Gods created by Dynara. I wield the power of Iklara and Moraevi. I will mend what has been broken."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Brother, the power of Iklara, it..."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "NO!"

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "Some actions do not allow You to go back! Some things are final, Zvoltz! I beg of You...please."

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "It must be done. There is no Ascendant to reform the Seals."

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Listen to Me, Brother! You do not understand!"

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "Is there no other way? Tell Me there is another way. We have lost enough here."

The divine voice of Yomoigu, the Pyresmith reverberates powerfully, "Give Me time, Zvoltz. I can fix it!"

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "For once, I agree with Your sibling, is that not enough to persuade You?"

Inky darkness spreads across the spinning image of the seal, sending tiny fractures skittering across the surface.

You lean on Turnus seeking consolation.

Turnus strokes your head in consolation.

Arcs of icy white energy blaze across the firmament as Zvoltz, the Architect shouts, "Would but I had a moment more to spend with you, Isune. There is no time."

Tears fill your eyes and begin to slowly run down your face.

As divine energy streams from the form of Zvoltz, flashing down into the Peak, the cracks slow their advance across the image of the Seal.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Brother, listen to Her!"

Thunder roars through the skies, accompanying the pained cries of the Architect as the stream of power into the Seal of Justice grows brighter. Soon the cracks reverse their course and the surface of the Seal begins to mend.

Turnus whispers soothing words to you.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "BROTHER!"

You whisper, "No."

You whisper, "Gods, someone stop Him!"

As Zvoltz stands resolutely in the sky, the conduit of power to the Seal of Justice grows every brighter, even as His divine form grows dim and translucent.

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "Oh, Zvoltz... No..."

As the last of the cracks fade from the Seal, the conduit of power disappears. The form of Zvoltz sags briefly in the air as He fades out of existance, leaving naught but a final boom of thunder which rolls across the sky and out of hearing. In its wake, a whispered word hangs just beyond the edge of recognition.

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei gives you a tight hug as he sighs softly, "Is there. Something we can do?"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "The Seal has been restored, but this is only a temporary respite. Mortals choose your champion, for soon the Final Ascension will be upon us. Prepare for that day."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper leans against Turnus, sobbing helplessly, clutching at his shoulders tightly in her grief.

Talan tells you, "Is She alright?"

Zyphora wipes her tears away, her expression grim and resolute. "Turnus, come with me," she says, her voice wavering only slightly.

You tell Talan Ysav'rai, "I am going to see."

Many-Coloured Warrior, Turnus Mzithrei strokes his hands soothingly through your headfeathers, "I'm sorry love. But He might be okay. And yes of course, lead on."

The Fulcrux of Isune. (Transcendental Fulcrux)

Shifting and shimmering in undulating waves, heatless sparks rise in a rippling fountain of light. The graceful, translucent form of a bird of paradise dances in the air, the insubstantial image shifting through a constant stream of vivid colours. A smooth scroll crafted from silk lies on the ground here.

There are no obvious exits.

The Resin Child hangs immobile above the City of Gaudiguch for a long moment as the plume of smoke and fire burns brilliant shadows against the faces of the pyramids. Finally, She vanishes, reality flickering apart around Her.

Reality shifts, the sky tinging into whispering veils of changing paradigms as the weirdly-echoing voice of Mysrai intones, "Unacceptable."

Her figure shining like a brilliant star against the sky, Isune the Aesthete soars high overhead, Her hands parting the colours of the firmament like water. At Her fingertips, the very hue of the sky darkens, subduing to mournful greys and blacks. Incandescent lightning flares in the nimbus about Her in answer, illuminating the earth in a storm without rain.

Amongst all this darkness, the Goddess remains radiant, gaze resolute as tears glisten upon Her cheeks. Cold, argent lightning flashes at Her beckoning hands, shattering in its decibels as the fire dances distantly across the cloud-strewn canvas of the sky. In their blaze, they move to surround Her as if in a furious dance, precise and powerful in each strike.

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "So it was that We of the Fourth mourned those who passed before Us in battle, when the Daath claimed 3,000 Elders in battle against the Soulless."

With a harmonious resonance, the rhapsody of Isune's voice rings out, "They will never be forgotten for Their Sacrifice, and nor shall You... Zvoltz of the Firsts, the wind beneath My wings. For You, I would paint the sky black."

As Isune turns away with a solemn sweep of Her hand, the clouds disperse in quiet procession, allowing sunlight to filter through the canopy of darkness once more. The staccato of thunder resounds, slowly tapering off as the Goddess takes wing to the Havens for solace. Eventually, there is naught but silence.

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    All my props for cleaning this up and posting this. Missing the Grand Exit itself is pretty much my only regret.
  • Bravo. Great roleplaying all around, I take my hat off to you Hallifaxians et al. Was beautiful to read.
    Retired.
  • Well done Zyphora, Loved reading that that must have taken alot of work to get that edited down. and I hope lady isune, will be ok. and omm I had know idea you her avitor zyphora by the way man this is what happens when I don't log on for weeks I really need to watch these forums more offton. Anyways great job lady isune, and Zyphora.

Thanks

Kevin/Kalvin