Turnus Mzithrei, the Great Chieftain of the Seren

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
edited February 2014 in Event Scrolls
Everiine, dressed in full ceremonial armour of the Eagle, approaches the crackling
fire and bids everyone to be silent.

In a booming voice, you say, "In the days of our ancestors, the Seren stood apart from each other,
each to their own coven or grove or tribe. When the first council of the Seren met, each member was
tasked with the guidance and protection of the Seren people. They were named Guardians of the Seren,
and to their descendants passed the same mantle, the same duty."

Winter Warchief Everiine Silvermoon, Wolverine's Kit looks to Bryvon and Derith ,
beckoning them both to come stand beside him.

Serenguard Derith, Eagle's Eye nods and steps next to you.

High Chief Bryvon De'Validus closes in to the crackling fire.

You say to Turnus, "Turnus Mzithrei--your kin have appointed you to serve under this mantle. To be a Guardian of the Seren, the Great Chieftain of our people. You have been chosen to serve in this post, to fulfill the duty you swore to uphold when you took the title 'Serenguard'"

Winter Warchief Everiine Silvermoon, Wolverine's Kit draws a small ceremonial dagger from his belt and quickly slits his palm with it before passing it to Bryvon.

High Chief Bryvon De'Validus solenmly cuts along a large scar, which is on his left palm already, and passes the dagger on to Derith.

Serenguard Derith, Eagle's Eye draws a quick line across his hand with the dagger, then steps over and hands it to Turnus.

You say to Turnus, "Let your blood flow with ours once more, and recount that Oath you took, which still binds you today. Let it be spoken aloud as a reminder of your sworn duty."

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei draws the blade along his palm, clenching his fist tight around it to cause droplets of blood drip down the handle to the ground as he solemnly recites the oath in his growly voice.

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "I, Turnus Mzithrei ,am a warrior in the ranks of the Serenguard. I am a Watcher beneath the light of Mother Moon and a Guardian before the gaze of Brother White Hart. My duties are to those of the Serenwilde, the physical form and spiritual being. I serve the ideals for which the Serenwilde survives."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "I shall adhere to and uphold the Sacred Leaves of the Serenwilde commune. I shall act with sense of honour and respect, that I may never bring shame upon my commune or my tribe. I shall tone my body and my mind, ever seeking improvement in the way of the Warrior, such that I will always be prepared to defend my charge. I shall ever seek to aide my compatriots and allies in traveling their paths."

Speaking in a low growl, Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei says, "I am Seren. For as long as I walk within the Basin of Life, I shall be bound by this oath. Should I break my word, there shall be no respite, no safe haven from the retribution of my bretheren."

Turnus kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Winter Warchief Everiine Silvermoon, Wolverine's Kit nods at Turnus, then retrieves a worn-looking wooden pipe from his satchel. With a quick hand he pulls a piece of log from the heart of the fire and breaks off a smouldering ember. He places the ember in the large cup of the pipe.

You say to Turnus, "You are an Elder Chieftain. We look to you for wisdom, for guidance, for leadership, for compassion, for encouragement, for friendship, and for brotherhood. But you must also speak for our tribe, with our voices as well as your own."

Everiine breathes in through the pipe, causing the ember to glow. As he breathes out, a puff of smoke floats just above the cup, held there by some magical property of the pipe itself.

Handing the pipe to Bryvon, you say to Turnus, "Take our voices and care for them. If you betray them, you betray yourself."

High Chief Bryvon De'Validus narrows his eyes at the magical pipe for a second before taking a deep drag off it, adding to the cloud of smoke above it. With a nod towards him, he passes the pipe on to Derith.

Serenguard Derith, Eagle's Eye draws from the pipe, breathing out to add to the cloud. Nodding, he passes it to Turnus.

Great Chieftain Turnus Mzithrei relaxes his grip on the knife's blade as he takes the pipe, inhaling deeply before letting out a long, slow stream of smoke to linger in the air before handing both knife and pipe back to you.

You say to Turnus, "Take our voices as your own and care for them. If you betray them, you betray yourself."

Turnus nods solemnly to you.

Winter Warchief Everiine Silvermoon, Wolverine's Kit cups his bloody hand, dipping his clean thumb into the blood. "In the name of Brother Jaguar, the Hunter, who adapts His skill to the task at hand, I bless you," he says, painting a line of blood down the middle of Turnus's face. "May you adapt to the struggles of the Seren and guide them through."

High Chief Bryvon De'Validus smears a line of blood on the left half of Turnus's face. "In the name of Sister Woverine, the Predator, who always has her target before her, I bless you.", he says, "May you never lose focus and strike down all threats."

Serenguard Derith, Eagle's Eye draws a jagged line upon Turnus's right cheek, saying alongside, "In the name a Brother Eagle, who knows the Basin an' all within, I bless you. May y'see both that which's been and that which'll be, and through it all guide the Seren."

In a booming voice, with a hand raised high, you say to Turnus, "And in the names of Mother Moon and Brother White Hart, who watch these woods and protect all within, may you serve your people with all the strength, grace, and wisdom in you. Do not fail your people. You are Serenguard!"

You kneel humbly before Turnus, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, your eyes ablaze with tribal rage as you raise your weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Derith kneels humbly before Turnus, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raise his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Bryvon kneels humbly before Turnus, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raise his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Turnus kneels humbly, placing a hand to the earth before rising tall, his eyes ablaze with tribal rage as he raises his weapon high, crying out, "Feidhmigh Ar Son An Serenguard!"

Everiine nods solemnly, kicking dirt into the campfire and ending the ceremony.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That was really fantastic. :x

But not a word about keeping the archives updated and the administration of funds?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Ego sufficiently stroked now. Thanks Everiine!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The third person targetted of your guild emote seems to have a typo! As he raise his weapon? Might check to make sure that's the only issue it has.

I wonder how long it's been like that.
    :-?
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    That emote has been around for as long as I can remember, so probably since always. I certainly never noticed the typo before.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Well, the guild emote has been around forever, but it was changed recently (there is an extra word in the foreign language part that didn't used to be there), so I wonder if it got borked when it was upgraded.

And @Turnus, how did this stroke your ego? Ev has been making it perfectly clear that, no matter how much he loves the old dog, if he screws this up, he will get cut :P .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.