The End of a Bond and the Beginning of Perfection

ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
edited March 2014 in Event Scrolls
(( RP ending the bond between Zouviqil and Tarkenton here! ))

Zouviqil grimaces and collapses to her knees, gasping in pain as something is pulled from her chest. A bright shining light. The moonbeam takes this piece up, and it vanishes. Down the shadow comes another bright, shining light, which is lovingly placed into Zouviqil's chest. She blinks a few times, eyes tearing, breathing returning to normal.

A caw sounds out somerwhere in the redwoods, and the fog thickens, choking out the light in smothering shadows.

Zouviqil looks up slowly, pieces of blackthorn and thorny vines around the branches jutting out of her skin.

Black wings flutter against the canopy as the fog reaches hungry tendrils up from the ground and a cold wind moans between the branches.

Zouviqil closes her eyes briefly. Somehow, she is mostly unphased by what is going on around her, and the odd wooden structures jutting from her form. Her golden vines not-so-tattoos writhe about on her skin.

A chill seizes your form as the fog swirls around you, and a wave of fresh pain washes across your body as the wood shakes and writhes in answer.

Zouviqil lets out a gasp and cry of pain, the wood growing further out of her skin, thorny vines coiling tightly around the emerging branches. Tears stream down her face, and her pupils thin and elongate. She looks down at the new blood spilling forth from her.

"It seems... perhaps Haezon the Black spoke truly."

Cold laughter rises from the shadows stirring in the redwoods, and the cawing of crows rises in answer in mocking celebration of that cooing voice.

Quietly, you say, "I ended that bond just now, permanently, Lady of the Thorns."

"There is still weakness in you, Zouviqil."

A whirlpool of incorporeal shadows fills the area with an unnatural darkness, revealing the ghostly figure of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns at their centre as the umbral filaments dissipate.

Viravain strokes a wickedly curved scythe tenderly.

Looking up with her eyes as thin slits, catlike in nature, you say to Viravain, "I know there is. But there won't be much longer so long as I can help."

Viravain's mouth turns up as Her face breaks into a smile.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "My roses are hungry, Zouviqil. Hungry for the taste of weakness."

The vines in your skin spasm. Burn. Begin to darken like charcoal against gold.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "The Wyrd remakes everything into... perfection."

Zouviqil gasps softly in pain, her ethereal wings flaring in size... to little effect, aside from being larger and incorporeal.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns makes a sharp gesture with Her hand. The crows call out in answer, and the vines spasm, changing - shifting.

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    EEEE I LOVE YOU @Viravain !!!!
  • edited March 2014
    Dude I got a mention, -by Viravain herself-. Awesome! Love you @Zouviqil! Actually, scratch that, not only that. She used my title.  :>
    Retired.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    As Tark's player, I was really torn on deciding whether or not to go through with this. However, putting myself into the proper frame of mind for him, I decided that he wanted no part playing second fiddle to someone else, but he wasn't going to force his first real friend to choose, so he made the choice to separate them. I'm very happy with the results, and doubly happy for Zouviqil's awesome interaction with Viravain. It's going to be a fun ride seeing how he and she develop from this point.

Major props to Z and V both.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    edited March 2014
    Tarkenton said:
    As Tark's player, I was really torn on deciding whether or not to go through with this. However, putting myself into the proper frame of mind for him, I decided that he wanted no part playing second fiddle to someone else, but he wasn't going to force his first real friend to choose, so he made the choice to separate them. I'm very happy with the results, and doubly happy for Zouviqil's awesome interaction with Viravain. It's going to be a fun ride seeing how he and she develop from this point. Major props to Z and V both.
    I expect to see lots of development on @Tarkenton, since he's going to be dealing with a lot of factors from now on that he's not had to deal with in decades.

Thank you for being such an awesome RPer and going through that RL months-long bond RP. See you in game!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tarkenton said:
    As Tark's player, I was really torn on deciding whether or not to go through with this. However, putting myself into the proper frame of mind for him, I decided that he wanted no part playing second fiddle to someone else, but he wasn't going to force his first real friend to choose, so he made the choice to separate them. I'm very happy with the results, and doubly happy for Zouviqil's awesome interaction with Viravain. It's going to be a fun ride seeing how he and she develop from this point. Major props to Z and V both.
    Props to you, I've been watching this story develop for ages. It's not fun to be a third wheel, and not something everyone can play through and see it to the end, knowing their character doesn't get the big payoff.

Looking forward to see what comes next for Tarkenton though!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!