Help Sealbearers

edited March 2014 in Common Grounds
I was going to post in simple ideas a couple of weeks ago that we should have a 'HELP SEALBEARERS' file... and then I realized that it might not be so simple going through all the old posts if no one has kept a running list, so I did that.

The winners are all correct, and I think I got the family names and orgs right as they were when each won - but feel free to offer any corrections and I'll edit them in. I'm a little fuzzy on when some of the early people were in Glomdoring.

If nothing else, it's interesting to look at who has won and some of the patterns in here. Clearly Harbingers influence like nobody's business. I hadn't realized that despite having 3 TAs in residence, @Eritheyl this year is the first ever sealbearer from Gaudiguch... and @Aerys broke a 6 year streak of Glomdoring winning Life.

HELP SEALBEARERS

==== NATURE ====
Kaervas d'Murani, Magnagora *
Xiel Talnara, Serenwilde (Viynain)
Rika Talnara, Serenwilde *
Xenthos An'Ryshe, Glomdoring (Xynthin)
Svorai Stormcrow, Glomdoring
Eritheyl Ryseni, Gaudiguch

==== CHAOS ====
Shorlen, Serenwilde
Ashteru d'Illici, Magnagora
Sarrasri Talnara, Serenwilde
Ruiku i'Viani, Magnagora
Esano n'Lochli, Magnagora (Akyaevin)
Kelly McCloud, New Celest
Elanorwen, Glomdoring
Malarious Nightshade, Glomdoring

==== HARMONY ====
Exarius, Rogue
Galaphyrae, Serenwilde
Veyrzhul La'Saet, New Celest
Krellan Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Talan Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Tacita Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Kregarn Sablewing, Glomdoring
Kalas Uruk, Glomdoring

==== BEAUTY ====
Amarysse Sa'Lumiere, Serenwilde
Zia Talnara, Serenwilde
Silferras Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Kharaen Attai, Glomdoring
Irillia Shevat, Hallifax
Maellio Onz'Verheu, Hallifax
Zyphora Windwhisper, Hallifax
Tacita An'Ryshe, Glomdoring

==== KNOWLEDGE ====
Hallen Mes'ard, Magnagora
Forren Shervalian, New Celest
Ishant Nightshade, Glomdoring
Nott Stormcrow, Hallifax
Solanis Talnara, Serenwilde *
Ushaara Pavok, Hallifax
Kiradawea Startail, Hallifax

==== WAR ====
Shamarah, New Celest
Visaeris Mae'loch, Magnagora
Desitrus Kamau, New Celest
Ceren Valtyros, Magnagora (Fillin)
Lothringen d'Murani, Magnagora
Kalas Ixion, Magnagora
Sidd Ysav'rai, Glomdoring (Synkarin)
Vadi Stormcrow, Glomdoring

==== JUSTICE ====
Forren Shervalian, New Celest
Thoros d'Murani, Magnagora
Malarious De'Unnero, Glomdoring
Zallafar, Serenwilde
Veyrzhul La'Saet, New Celest
Morbo Pavok, Hallifax *
Pejat Onz'Verheu, Hallifax

==== LIFE ====
Soll, New Celest (Ilyarin)
Xenthos An'Ryshe, Glomdoring *
Talan Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Xenthos An'Ryshe, Glomdoring
Vadi Stormcrow, Glomdoring
Celina Nightshade, Glomdoring
Aerys Tarsuhl, Hallifax

==== DEATH ====
Daevos Feyranti, Magnagora
Sojiro Talnara, Serenwilde (Shuyin)
Vathael d'Murani, Magnagora
Sidd Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Krellan Ysav'rai, Glomdoring
Inagin La'Saet, New Celest
Kelly McCloud, New Celest
Morkarion n'Lochli, Glomdoring (Karlach)

* - Two successive wins
     (Name) - True Ascendant of that Seal
#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

Comments

• Daevos Feyranti

not d'Murani 

Naughty! :) 
  • Fixed, thanks!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    We going by surnames at the time of the Seal victory? Or by the time of final Ascension?

Because Morkarion got married midway through the final bit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited March 2014
    I put people as they were when they won their seals. (I hope, anyway. Like I said, feel free to correct.)
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
    edited March 2014
    I'd assumed so, just checking!

Might be worth making a note that Xynthin is once again Xenthos, but other than that, thank you for compiling this!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Yeah, I didn't really know what to do with that. As far as I know, Xynthin was the TA, Xenthos is some weird god-lich-timebreaker-whatever-guy now.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    BUG Xenthos. Please fix. :)

edit:

Can we also list down the Ascension Events in the Helpfile, too? It tends to become a tangled mess unless we think hard and try to remember stuff.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Huh. Since Hallifax came out, Hallifax has gotten Knowledge and Beauty quite often. I suppose that makes sense. And the forests generally snatch up Nature. And Death seems to be the seal with the most variance in which org gets it.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    It amuses me how no org has ever won Justice and Harmony in the same year, neither seal has produced a TA either.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ...first one, huh...

And thank you for the compilation, I remember complaining about the need for this myself (because, as we well know, I'm a vain bitch).
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2014
    Talan said:

Yeah, I didn't really know what to do with that. As far as I know, Xynthin was the TA, Xenthos is some weird god-lich-timebreaker-whatever-guy now.

Xynthin is actually the god-lich-timebreaker-whatever-guy. He found a rift in time back to the era of Ayridion, prevented Ayridion from creating the Threshold Abyss, and ascended himself through Life (since he has a significant bond to Life and it had already been opened by Soll- he tried Nature first and was rejected as it had not yet been opened in that timeline).

Xenthos was brought back at the exact point in time that Xynthin would have found this rift (ps: yes, if I had found that rift I would have explored it and things probably would have happened exactly the same way described by Xynthin). Estarra killed TA-but-not-yet-God Xynthin and saved our timeline from the fate that resulted on the other.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    ;_;
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    It amuses me how no org has ever won Justice and Harmony in the same year, neither seal has produced a TA either.
    Nor have beauty or knowledge

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Yeah, I didn't really know what to do with that. As far as I know, Xynthin was the TA, Xenthos is some weird god-lich-timebreaker-whatever-guy now.
    Xynthin is actually the god-lich-timebreaker-whatever-guy. He found a rift in time back to the era of Ayridion, prevented Ayridion from creating the Threshold Abyss, and ascended himself through Life (since he has a significant bond to Life and it had already been opened by Soll- he tried Nature first and was rejected as it had not yet been opened in that timeline). Xenthos was brought back at the exact point in time that Xynthin would have found this rift (ps: yes, if I had found that rift I would have explored it and things probably would have happened exactly the same way described by Xynthin). Estarra killed TA-but-not-yet-God Xynthin and saved our timeline from the fate that resulted on the other.
    Always breaking things, no matter the timeline.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Yes, but everyone brings those two up as the seals no one has TA'd from. No one ever mentions the lack of Justice/Harmony TA's

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I feel much less special when it's listed like this. SO MANY SEALBEARERS.
    Celina said:
    I feel much less special when it's listed like this. SO MANY SEALBEARERS.
    To be fair, there are a few duplicates.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I few way less special now that there are two death TA's so I vote we have a hunger games style event once we fill out all the seals with TA's.
  • I'm actually glad to hear you mention that. I've been working on a proposal for changes to some of the challenges, as well as how the challenges are initiated, but I never treated it as more than a passing fancy. If there's a desire for it, I could put some effort into it and make a Plots post.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Why not incorporate the usual end-of-the-year plotlines into the different events to build some nice, refreshing story during it and keep us on our toes. Mix things up a little.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Rivius said:
    Why not incorporate the usual end-of-the-year plotlines into the different events to build some nice, refreshing story during it and keep us on our toes. Mix things up a little.
    Possibly because they need to have a more structured and less spread out events situation so that everyone can actually know in advance when to plan their sleepless nights. Pretty sure there will be plenty of complaints if things were scattered over a year as opposed to stuck in a month and a half. Then again, human nature... can't keep everyone happy.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.