Real World Raves

Comments

• Kiradawea said:
    Today my Strategic Design class had a concept presentation for our client. There were eight groups in total, and as part of the presentation, all groups, teachers included, were to vote on the best concept, as the winners would get to visit the factory of the client and make chocolate.

Our group won.

With 68 points.

The joint second place had 17 points.

4x as many points. To win by such a landslide... *swoon* I am so very, very, VERY happy right now.
    Plus chocolate!  :D

Congrats!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Getting a new job after depressingly far too long spent searching.

This also means being able to get real internet again soon. Woo.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • My memory arrived on Wednesday and it really woke my laptop up.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I don't have any work in English for the next two weeks, which means I can focus on my other classes. I'm going to finish this semester on a high note if it kills me! and then slack off for the next semester with some easy electives..
  • I saw 5 of my closest friends today and I can't stop beaming with joy on the inside. Ugh, I missed them all so much.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I love not caring about Black Friday. I feel like I dodge so much stress.
  • Phoebus said:
    I love not caring about Black Friday. I feel like I dodge so much stress.
    I love Black Friday....not because I like to go shopping. I stay the hell away from stores actually. 

I enjoy reading what new and crazy ways shoppers find to act like the depraved animals they are.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Black Friday is indeed best enjoyed as a spectator sport.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I survived a 10hr opening shift for Black Friday, huzzah! Now if I could fall asleep...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Where's the link?!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Going to publish it through IG stuff and bardic contests :) Will be releasing it in five parts through the library, as fast as my (poor, beleaguered) library aides can proofread it.

Because you know, why would I write all this and not milk it for the obscene amount of library weight...
    edited November 2012
    'Tis the season for (non-alcoholic) eggnog. :3~
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Phoebus said:
    Do you make your own?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    Phoebus said:
    Do you make your own?
    I tried a few times, but it never turned out as good as the kind I can just buy in a carton. So I just stick with that. >_>
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Phoebus said:
    Daraius said:
    Phoebus said:
    Do you make your own?
    I tried a few times, but it never turned out as good as the kind I can just buy in a carton. So I just stick with that. >_>
    I know this feel, but with apple cider :I
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    @Phoebus said: I tried a few times, but it never turned out as good as the kind I can just buy in a carton. So I just stick with that. >_>

Got you covered, dawg.

@Eritheyl said: I know this feel, but with apple cider :I

I used to make cakes.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ^ wanted to try it, but I think I've been far, far too jaded by past experiences.

However, you give me hope. RWR for Daraius and hope.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Time spent from first trying out minecraft to going "I'm gonna build a cathedral to rival the Notre Dame"... 10 minutes.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • You're far more creative than me. I just find a mountain and dig down into it, producing massive amounts of unused cobblestone and locating virtually every mineral cache within 256 blocks.

Then I stick them in chests and do nothing with them.
  • edited December 2012
    (This one might be sliiiiightly political, but the political part is not really the important bit. If it's too political for some reason I'll delete it.)

So, I met two children at the train station today, one boy and one girl, around the age of 10-13 (I am bad with ages, so I really don't know how old they were, but they seemed around that age).

Anyways, the boy is like "you got a lot of badges", and I am like "yeah, I do" and I sit down. He looks over my badges and is like "that one is pretty cool" and points to the anti-Nazi badge (swastika with
     a red line over it, in a red circle). He tells me he thinks its a pretty nice badge because it means I don't like Nazis, who he understands to be "people who believe in what Hitler believed in".

So, anyways, of course, I think this is pretty adorable, obviously. I ask them if they want any badges, the boy picks the black/green bisected star and the girl picks the black/purple bisected star, and I give it to them. We part ways there, because my train arrives.
    Ni No Kuni... It is so so beautiful, but the demo is agonizingly brief. :(
    I used to make cakes.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Assuming I pass everything this semester and January... I have one more requirement I need to sign up for, and I'll be all set for graduation. I kinda half-expected to find some major flaw in my transcript that would prevent me from graduating with the concentration in my degree I wanted, so this is truly a joyous occasion!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I finally have time for Lusternia again! And my gallbladder is gone! And my kidneys actually work as they should, except for the protein which is constantly leaking. Happy anyway. 
    A horde of beings swarms about Your bulk. They are diverse in shape but are, without exception, horrific to look upon. Claws and teeth without number flash across Your vision, and nebulous masses of compound eyes and writhing tentacles and spindly antennae all twist around You. With the merest thought, You open wide Your maw and lazily swallow one.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Off work now till after Christmas, going to be three solid weeks where the only motivation I need is to crawl out of bed to get as far as the PC.

Bliss.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have no idea how I'm going to pay for my next year of college, come June, but I feel an astounding sense of relief for knowing what I'll be declaring my Major to be.
  • I just received my University results back for the semester and I received 3 distinctions and a high distinction in Company Law. Hell yeah.
    Banal, I know, but I got myself a peacoat for my birthday and it's magnificent. I'll have to move to colder climes so I can wear it all the time. :D
    I used to make cakes.

• Peacoats are classy.

Also, 'm done with all my exams for the semester. Wooo.
    Tonight my birthday celebrations continue with a viewing of the Geminid meteor shower. Forecast calls for clear skies and a new moon.
    I used to make cakes.