Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Edit: Oops, sorry everyone.  Wrong thread!

You shove your dream hand into Aliod's head and channel mental energy.

You shove your dream hand into Aliod's head and channel mental energy.

You drift into the dreams of Aliod, coaxing his spirit to travel deeper and deeper into the 
    dreamrealm. The silver cord that connects him to his body is stretched to its limit. As Aliod's 
    silver cord stretches and thins, you quickly dart towards him and snap the silver cord.
    As the body of Aliod grows cold, you know that he will never awaken from his sleep.
    You have slain Aliod.
    Having been too much for the mortal threads of Aliod, he screams in agony as flames engulf his body and burn it to a crisp.
    The voice of Avechna whispers in your mind a warning about initiating combat with Aliod.

You use your dreambody to envelop the corpse of Aliod.

You pull on your silver cord and snap back into your physical body.

Avurekhos tells you, "I approve."

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Not being bound to @Yomoigu's anvil for further experiment. Definitely rave worthy.

• Ried said:
    Excellent Blacktalon RP all around, and special raves for @Viravain.

I totally agree. I love discovering new plotlines and there are so many of them right now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Your design #20356 of a handprint burnt into the flesh was approved.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Is that a tattoo? I hope it's a face tattoo.
  • Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    But only if a Pyromancer gets it.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • A big rave for some unexpected and amazingly kind generosity. From day one in Hallifax, you've all been so wonderfully kind and supportive and giving. Today is just the icing on the cake, thank you all, especially @Khydan.
    Vivet said:
    Shaddus said:
    It's actually a chest tattoo, partially in reference to something that happened in  the Sword of Truth book series.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oh! When Richard was marked by his father. 

I want that tattoo now. But it does not suit me at all. :(

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
    It's a chest tattoo, it'll be hidden by robes ;)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The satisfying feeling of logging in, and just getting stuff done.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Shaddus said:
    It's a chest tattoo, it'll be hidden by robes ;)
    But it would not suit Dini at all, regretfully. For I loved that series very much, and own all of it. But, roleplay says no to the handprint, at least for the nonce. Perhaps I can figure a way to integrate it into her world, but until then, I must sigh in regret and walk away.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You offer up a figurine of a translucent jade hydra with coruscant wings of dark violet flame to Morgfyre, the Legion.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Servant Of The Gods' Achievement! You have earned 25 Bound Credits.

2014/03/19 04:34:58 - +76604580 essence from a figurine of a translucent jade hydra with coruscant wings of dark violet flame by Lavinya.

I gave up on finding a Tinker and was too lazy to level the figurine past level 25. But that was one hell of a nice achievement. (And I think my offerings will tide me over for a while now).

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    How much esteem was in that?

Also how many family ticks to patron?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Wooo, marrying people!
  • edited March 2014
    Lavinya said:
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    You offer up a figurine of a translucent jade hydra with coruscant wings of dark violet flame to Morgfyre, the Legion.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Servant Of The Gods' Achievement! You have earned 25 Bound Credits.

2014/03/19 04:34:58 - +76604580 essence from a figurine of a translucent jade hydra with coruscant wings of dark violet flame by Lavinya.

I gave up on finding a Tinker and was too lazy to level the figurine past level 25. But that was one hell of a nice achievement. (And I think my offerings will tide me over for a while now).
    If I'd known you were planning this, I'd have given you a ton of figurines to level it up with, or levelled it up for you.

Of course I'm not around much these days.

Still, I think I'll make a few lv40s and distribute them....
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    How exactly does one go about doing that? Is an epic fifty figurine battle the only way to go? Or is there a cheap / effective way to go about it?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tarkenton said:
    How exactly does one go about doing that? Is an epic fifty figurine battle the only way to go? Or is there a cheap / effective way to go about it?
    Get them miniaturised before you level them, if you can find a tinker. It has a -noticeable- boost on how quickly they gain exp and level. Toweling stations (artisan) are also amazing for keeping the fodder figurines going. Otherwise yes, it is pretty grindy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Figurines level better when fighting higher level figurines, so if you keep that in mind you can do it pretty quickly / easily / with fewer figurines (I think that the last time I did it, I used maybe 47 total figurines and I am not even a tinkerer).  I did abuse the heck out of toweling stations though.
  • It's a pain to level up your main AND then level up your fodder, so that your main can level up off them, and THEN level up the fodder again to level up your main... I tried. After around 20 mins I gave up and chucked them all in until my main came out with level 25.

That's pretty much what I did @Lerad...and I ran out of patience, hence didn't level it past 25. Next time, perhaps!

• Given the hilarious price of powerstones these days (and the general availability of comms to certain people) I don't know that I'd bother with the extra work to level them with fewer losses. Last time I did it I think I set something up to automatically add in another figurine when the last one dusted and just keep on ringing that bell, grinding through them one at a time.

But yes, you can get hilarious spam with ~100 lv1 figurines.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I don't know why this excites me, but I just watched the duration of a recording on STAGE LIST increase line by line. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Rave for doing a xenophobic lecture with a foreigner in the audience! Never been so amused to include those jokes in anything before.

Also rave for I think finally working out how the stage works.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    It's a pain to level up your main AND then level up your fodder, so that your main can level up off them, and THEN level up the fodder again to level up your main... I tried. After around 20 mins I gave up and chucked them all in until my main came out with level 25.
    With toweling stations, you can get a figurine from level 1 to level 7-8 in a 1-on-1 battle (sometimes more).

Another fun little trick.  Get one figurine to level 15, get another figurine to level 20 (maybe 25).

Then you can level up your main figurine to 16-18 using level 1s (that goes pretty fast- you can just feed it level 1s, or you can feed it level 7s by putting l1s against each other).  Pit it against the level 15 until the 15 falls to 10.  Level the 10 back up to 15 (just takes 1-2 figurines).  Repeat until your main is a level or two higher than the level 20/25, and switch to using that to level your main instead.  Use the 15 to level the 20/25 one back up once it falls 5 levels, and pump it up.

The higher the level of the figurines, the more chance the winner has to level up.  The closer they are to level, the less likely the loser is to lose a level.  Level 1s are the worst for gaining (I've had a level 39 kill many, many level 1s without leveling, but ticks pretty fast against even a level 10).

If you do it right, you can keep your level 15 and level 20/25 in a shop, too, and never have to bother re-leveling them in the future (which saves even more figurines the next time you level up).
  • edited March 2014
    Forgot to delete this from my fit last night, sorry.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
This discussion has been closed.