Some New Guild Stuff

So lately there has been this vast idea concept nagging at me. That being this:

We have two archetype slots left that are without any guild ideas. I've looked around a bit but haven't really found anything really generalizing discussion of filling in those two blanks for the Monks section. Course, any real concept idea's for guilds I think would be most welcome here for improvement or creation, otherwise.

Any who, down to the bits and kibble of it, so to speak. This idea for the monks guild. I've heard it mentioned among a few members of Gaudiguch, and figured to bring it into the possible public eye. I've pondered what would possibly make Gaudiguch monkish in any way, and have come up with one concept, and one mildly vague concept.

The concept in question? Drunken brawling (Seeing that coming in 3...). That was one particular idea I've had, but only from the top of my head. The other, which I suppose would be about the same, just more sober and reasonable, being something revolving around the idea of say....20% defensive, 80% offensive. Which could generally seem like a silly idea. Especially for monks. But I could never really pin down an appropriate style for something fiery. Something flowing and forceful, but at the same time kinda poke-able. Though I've yet to meet anyone that has ever poked FIRE.

Ok. so, weapons. Every Monks guild has them. Every monks guild wants them. Unless you fight bare handed, in which case go get 'em, tiger. Here's my thought. Sai's. Something smoothe of hand, but at the same time in a way I suppose the shape could represent a sort of fiery appearance, and, if capable of heating the tips...hot pokers!

Again, that's just my thought really for monks. When I first started I really wanted a monk but none of them seemed all to right for me. I admit it, I love Gaudiguch to death. Which is why I'd like to see maybe some idea's pitched to kinda offer up something to perhaps one day give Gaudiguch that dancing, spiraling, flailing, hot poking edge that other monks have (without the hot poking). Course if you have any idea's on improving my idea, by all means. Here it is. Have at it. And if anyone has any idea's for Hallifax even. hey, feel free. Let's pitch some idea's I say.

And I suppose maybe if any new Archetype idea's pop up, for...I dunno...whatever reason, feel free to toss one of those in to get a few more guild idea's out.

And before it is said, no, we at Gaudiguch do not endorse flexibly beating our enemies to death with Drachou dolls. Amusing as that may be.

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm pretty sure that the base concept for Gaudi monks has been more or less planned since the day Esty and co. sat down to write monks, just like Gaudiguch and Hallifax (and some of their basic guild ideas at the least) were planned at the launch of the game! I wouldn't be surprised if their skills are mostly plotted out, or even partially (or more) coded out by now!
  • True. But it never hurts to toss an idea or two in from the community. Besides, it was just an idea I thought of. Thought it might be something interesting that people would like to talk about, or show a few of their own.
  • edited December 2012
    It would be cool if Gaudiguch's monk guild becomes the true physical power in the city (as opposed to the showy Templars who are more closely tied to the Illuminati and their secrets). Gaudiguch is free and fun in a proper manner, and those who go against the ordered chaos simply...disappear.

:)
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I remember war fans being suggested as the weapon for the Hallifax monks.

If we're talking new guilds, I'm sure a sixth archetype was mentioned by one of the admins a while ago...

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It was. In fact, a few were talked about, including a (abandoned, for good reason) archer/ranged class.
  • edited December 2012

The bard guilds for the new cities were released early last year. If the timeline holds then the monk guilds will be out in the next few months. So the themes are almost certainly decided on by now.

That said though, there have been about two years worth of progress made this year so I wouldn't be surprised if thier release was moved back some.

Personally I think introducing them right before the ascension events is a terribad idea and would not mind if it was delayed.

Edit: please for the love of all that is holy and for the sake of the game that we love. no. new. archetypes.

• The Gaudi monks sadly won't be Drunken Monks, since Gaudi doesn't get monks. They get Ninjas. And no, I don't care, the Ninjakari and the Nekotai are not monks, them be Ninjas.

They will not be gaudy since the whole Drunken Monk thing is more of a shaolin thing. If anything, they will be Illuminated Assassins.

It would be awesome if Gaudi had gotten the Kephera (Drunken Harmony) and Hallifax Illithoids (KGB)

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ugh god, no more guilds. Please. Stahp.
  • Orti said:
    The Gaudi monks sadly won't be Drunken Monks, since Gaudi doesn't get monks. They get Ninjas. And no, I don't care, the Ninjakari and the Nekotai are not monks, them be Ninjas.

They will not be gaudy since the whole Drunken Monk thing is more of a shaolin thing. If anything, they will be Illuminated Assassins.

It would be awesome if Gaudi had gotten the Kephera (Drunken Harmony) and Hallifax Illithoids (KGB)

Now I'm imagining the Thin Men from the new Xcom game as Hallifax Ninjas. With little glasses and laser guns and everything.
  • edited December 2012
    Celina said:
    Ugh god, no more guilds. Please. Stahp.

But Halli-monks :(

Iytha said:
    Orti said:
    The Gaudi monks sadly won't be Drunken Monks, since Gaudi doesn't get monks. They get Ninjas. And no, I don't care, the Ninjakari and the Nekotai are not monks, them be Ninjas.

Now I'm imagining the Thin Men from the new Xcom game as Hallifax Ninjas. With little glasses and laser guns and everything.

Now you are just toying with mah feelins

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    GUN KATA FOR HALLIFAX!!!!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Gaudiguch got illithoid and Hallifax got kephera. Check the collegiums.

Although, as someone in the Population thread said, we really have too many guilds even at this point and I wouldn't mind if Gaudiguch/Hallifax(?) be the testing site of possibly a new structure to handle guilds/archetypes that wouldn't dilute the population even further.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    It was a theoretical discussion.
    Orti said:
    Actually, this whole thread is theoretical.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    Gaudiguch's collegium illithoid has a line in their description mentioning a mass of threads he/she wears, which always gets me thinking about some insane kind of string-monk. I know it sounds strange, but the mental image I have is impressive!

Anime never lets me down, such a thing has been done before! I give you Yura of the Demon-Hair:

Really we could do without the completely deranged anatomy, though.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2012
    I'm still hoping for chakrakata monks. 

As for the philosophy and founding principles of Hallimonks... No idea. And as mch as Daraius would like to be in a guild again, I agree that the population can't really support two new ones now.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I was thinking more the whip form of Dites from Chrome Shelled Regios for some reason
    Saran said:
    I was thinking more the whip form of Dites from Chrome Shelled Regios for some reason
    Post pictures for us un-cultured folk!

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Gaudiguch's collegium illithoid has a line in their description mentioning a mass of threads he/she wears, which always gets me thinking about some insane kind of string-monk. I know it sounds strange, but the mental image I have is impressive!

Anime never lets me down, such a thing has been done before! I give you Yura of the Demon-Hair:

Or perhaps garrote-wire hands like Walter from Hellsing >.=.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

Maellio said:
    Eritheyl said:

Or perhaps garrote-wire hands like Walter from Hellsing >.=.>

Yes yes YES like that!

!!!

-

• I can see it now. Gaudi's monkish future.....

"Do you guys want monks?!"

"Do you want monks on FIRE?!"

*Cue Dracnari dubstep*