Toronto Meet & Greet

If there are any Canadian players on the east coast, I'm willing to organize a meet & greet.  Lemme know!

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2014
    I would be up for this, for old times' sake. As a note, though, I work most Friday and Saturday nights and promised I wouldn't request any more time off for a while, so my best days would be Sunday or any day during the week (though I might be able to swing a Friday night). I'm in Toronto proper, but can travel a distance if it's more convenient for others. Any date after the first week of March is probably fine.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I'm also very central, but don't mind going out a bit. As far as venue, any preferences? I really like the idea of Snakes & Lattes. We can play some tabletop games, they also have reasonably priced refreshments.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Were it not 14 hours away, I would come :( . Nobody lives near me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Everiine said:
    Were it not 14 hours away, I would come :( . Nobody lives near me.
    That's not true. You have bears that live near you.

And snow. Snow lives near you too.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I laughed playing Skyrim today, because looking around, there is more snow in Wisconsin than there is covering the frozen home  of the Nords.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I heard you guys got hit pretty badly lately. Moreso than us, even.

As for venue for the meet, I'm fine with virtually anything, though my preference would be a pub/cafe of some nature.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited February 2014
    Well, looks like it's just you and I Rancoura.

Gossip over coffee? Also on Sundays I have a group session of Game of Thrones, you are more than welcome to come.

• edited March 2014
    I'd be more than willing to make the trip up for a meet at some point in the future, fyi.

(one of my clients is in Toronto so I can dream of getting some work at the office there...)
  • Aeral said:
    I'd be more than willing to make the trip up for a meet at some point in the future, fyi.

(one of my clients is in Toronto so I can dream of getting some work at the office there...)

Great!  Where are you usually based?  Niagara?

• I'm actually based at a New Brunswick office but I've got plenty of reasons to come back to Ontario. I just need some advance notice. :)
  • Oh wow, New Brunswick.

Well, I would be glad to come up with some time frame that works for everyone.  I know for a fact there are a few other people who play in Ontario and they're just being shy.

I think Snakes & Lattes is the way to go for sure.  If I can find someone to DM, maybe we can all play a round of D&D.  

• I haven't played D&D for 4 or 5 years but I'd definitely be down.
  • I've never played at all, but am itching to give it a try.  

There was a discussion at one point about making a Lusternia campaign for DD, which would be an amazing activity for a meet-up.  Munchkin and Resistance is also great fun I've heard.