Zvoltz and the Snowflake

ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
edited March 2014 in Event Scrolls
This log took place 2/25/13, more than a year ago. I kept it private at the time so that Zvoltz could present his gift as a surprise.

I miss Zvoltz! He was absolutely amazing, and I am humbled that he let me take part in this small event as such a young player. I have nothing but good memories of his time as a God, and I would love to share them with you. If any of you have logs to share, I highly encourage it!

Good luck, Zvoltz, wherever you may be!

Summary: After Mysrai steals Trillillial's bracelet and turns it into Oshea, Zvoltz wishes to find a suitable replacement gift for his beloved Isune.

<><><><><><><><>

A cold, male voice laced with static echoes in your mind, "Zyphora."

You say, "Yes, my Lord?"

A cold, male voice laced with static echoes in your mind, "I require your assistance when you are finished with your current task."

You say, "I am ready at Your command."

A cold, male voice laced with static echoes in your mind, "Come attend Me in My Fulcrux then."

You say, "As You wish, my Lord."

The Fulcrux of Zvoltz. (Transcendental Fulcrux)
A wall of static runs along the entire base of the dome, crackling with contained energy. A hollow globe of transparent quartz floats above a seven-stepped dais, icy white bolts of energy arcing within the crystal. Zvoltz, the Architect crackles with confined energy, His form flickering and fading along the edges. He wields the mighty hammer, Ays Onid in His left hand.
There are no obvious exits.

You kneel before Zvoltz, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Zvoltz smiles softly at you.

You say, "Tidings, Lord Architect."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have been leading an exciting life as of late, dear Zyphora."

Inclining her head with a smile, you say, "That I have. It is almost too much for me to bear."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have made Hallifax proud and Isune and I as well."

Her smile growing in proportion, you say, "I am elated to hear so. I am deeply honoured to be chosen as Beauty's sealbearer."

The corners of Zvoltz's mouth turn up as He grins mischievously.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Since you are the most aesthetically competent mortal in the Basin, I must ask for your honest opinion."

His form blurring at the edges, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Which I do so hope you will give Me, without fear of being slain."

Suppressing a laugh of surprise, you say, "Yes, I will do so, at Your behest."

His smile fading, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "The bracelet for Isune that My Sibling stole is irreplaceable, yet I have attempted to find something suitable. I would like to show it to you and hear your opinion."

Zvoltz tilts His head curiously.

Bowing her head, you say, "I wish it could have been returned, but I've no doubt that You have found something that shall be just as priceless for Her."

You say, "May I see it?"

Zvoltz gives a rose-marked journal to you.

Deep, rich leather clothes the framework of this journal's cover, its distinct aroma lingering heavily upon the bindings. Along the cardinal lines of the book-face grow four bands of silver foliage, patinated to the verdant emerald of time-thickened forest moss. Inlaid upon the cover's crux, petals of polished ravenwood intertwine to form the facade of a solitary rose, each piece meticulously detailed down to the most insignificant vein in accents of purest sapphire. Beneath the facade of faux flora, carefully pressed leaves of lightly faded paper lie solemnly expectant of a writer's ink. A quill's length shard of cerulean crystal rests within these pages, a finely wrought thread of silver binding it securely to its charge, doubling aptly as both placeholder and writer's implement.
It is entitled "Snowflake" and the author is listed as being Nihmriel Shavatt, 
Twilight's Descant. It is written in the common tongue. It is sealed and cannot 
be copied or translated.
It weighs about 5 pounds.
It bears the distinctive mark of Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral 
Observer.

Zvoltz gives a prismatic crystal snowflake to you.

Cold and still, this delicate snowflake is the size of a human heart though made of flawless crystal. Five arms spread from the fractal centre of the crystal, each weaving garlands of spicules that form delicate patterns. A cold light shimmers within, though it is plain and lifeless.
It is strangely weightless.

Zyphora emits a soft gasp as her eyes well up with unshed tears.

You say, "I know this story."

Turning to the snowflake in her hands, you say, "Ah, and this must be the gift."

Zyphora carefully inspects it from all angles, holding it up to catch the light. A frown crosses her features momentarily as she continues her evaluation of the crystalline snowflake.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "It is not Trillillial's bracelet, but I hope it will do.."

Her eyes widening, you say, "Is this truly the snowflake that Lord Xyl made for Her?"

Zvoltz smiles softly.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "No, I do not even know if that story is true. I simply made it Myself to remind Her of the story."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

<Kethuru bit appears; I kill it>

Zvoltz shudders violently.

You cough softly.

You say, "I apologise for that."

You say, I know it will evoke memories of Her beloved sister, as well as relate Her relationship with you to that between Lady Trillillial and Lord Xyl."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Do you believe She will like it?"

You smile and say, "I believe She will deeply appreciate the intent behind it."

You say, "But perhaps you might add more life to its appearance?"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I know this is a pale second to that piece of Trillillial's jewelry that I found, but Mysrai has fouled it beyond repair."

Pondering, you say, "Perhaps... more of the colours She so loves might refract through its depths when held up to the light. As it is now, the play of light is quite plain."

<Kethuru bit appears again; I kill it>

Zvoltz, the Architect dissolves into jagged bolts of fulminating brilliance which burst into the air, racing away in all directions.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Colors. Okay."

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "Yes, colours."

You say, "As She used to paint the sky with Her sister, perhaps She might like more lively colouration."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "That is logical, yes."

You say, "Otherwise, I think it is quite beautiful and representative of the emotions You hold for Her."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I am pleased to hear that. I am not very experienced in the creation of gifts."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "If you would gently place the gifts on the floor, I will collect them after you have departed and taken the parts of the Devourer with you."

You smile and say, "I thought that the flower You made for Her was quite touching. You may not think Yourself experienced, but experience is not necessary to show Her how You feel."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "I apologise for disrupting the sanctity of Your Fulcrux so, Lord Architect."

Zyphora carefully settles the gifts on the floor beside one another.

"wall40010"               a wall of static
"shrine130298"            the master shrine of Zvoltz
"pony172758"              a green speckled, spritely pony with a shaggy tail
"journal179401"           a rose-marked journal
"snowflake185528"         a prismatic crystal snowflake
Number of objects: 5

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "It is an unfortunate part of your duty as a Sealbearer."

Inclining her head, you say, "A duty that I shall bear without complaint."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Has she mentioned the flower? That was a rather difficult gift, I feared it would be inadequate."

You look thoughtful and say, "In recent times, She has not, and I believe I was not part of Her Order at the time of the gift."

You say, "But I still know that She loves it all the same."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I see. Thank you for your input, dear Zyphora. Your service is most appreciated."

You smile and say, "Of course, my Lord. Please feel free to summon me about such matters at any time."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "I must turn My attention to other matters for a time. I shall work on these colours."

You curtsey gracefully.

You laughingly say, "Good."

You say, "Fair winds, Lord Architect, and good luck."

Comments