Aquachemantics Lines

EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
edited December 2012 in World Library
MISTS - Passive effects on recurring 9s timer

Pellucid - varying ego drain (~500 typical range, factors unknown)

Glevich runs his palm along the lip of his amphora, which promptly expels a pellucid mist.

Glevich's pellucid mist washes over you, a sense of weakness and inferiority coming over you.

-

Bubbling - recklessness

Glevich runs his palm along the lip of his amphora, which promptly expels a bubbling mist.

Glevich's bubbling mist condenses around you in a shimmering curtain, your thoughts becoming light-
hearted and irrational.
None may stand in your way! You are invincible!

-

Humid - vapours, immediate blackout

Glevich runs his palm along the lip of his amphora, which promptly expels a humid mist.

Glevich's humid mist condenses arouund you, the air becoming too thick to properly breathe.

-

Luminated - faeriefire

Glevich runs his palm along the lip of his amphora, which promptly expels a luminated mist.

Glevich's luminated mist envelops you, drops of liquid light forming all across your body.

SHEENS - passive defenses, chance to proc on strike, can stack

Peaceful - ego drain

Glevich's body shimmers with a clear sheen and you are suddenly struck with a sense of uncertainty 
and doubt.

-

Virtuous - justice

Glevich's body glows with a virtuous sheen and you are overcome by a sudden awareness of the 
wrongness of your actions.
Justice is dealt out and your attack rebounds onto you.

-

Fervid - addiction

Glevich's body glows with a fervid sheen and you are suddenly struck with an overwhelming sense of 
need.
You feel a terrible thirst for elixirs grow within you.

-

Ardent - love

Glevich's body glows with an ardent sheen and you know nothing but love and adoration for him!

ADJUVANTS - Active abilities requiring and consuming mists, 10s delayed cast on all enemies

Depuration - aphyxiation/blunt damage, ego damage, vapours

Glevich grabs a handful of humid mist with one hand and one of pellucid mist with the other, pulling 
them together in a wide circle and then clapping. A low, watery rumble emits from the mists as they 
begin to churn, mixing violently and rising higher and higher.

Glevich throws his hands down and the condensing mists above begin to solidify, shimmering swathes 
of water pouring down around you and washing everything in a depuration spray.
As the depuration adjuvant washes over you it passes into your lungs, thickening and causing you to 
choke and cough, while larger droplets of the shimmering waters batter you with surprising force.

-

Percolation - asphyxiation/fire damage, recklessness, vapours

Glevich grabs a handful of humid mist with one hand and a handful of bubbling mist with the other, 
pulling them out to his sides and then bringing them together. The air begins to warm as the mists 
churn together, the temperature rapidly becoming uncomfortable.

Glevich presses his hands out as the misty air begins to boil and froth, the temperature well past 
the range of comfort. Waves of heat and hot, scalding water rush past you, threatening to boil 
everyone alive.
You scream and writhe as the scalding droplets of water cling to your skin, grouping and clumping 
into small pools of boiling liquid while your airways are scourged from within by the fiery mist.

-

Dehydration - asphyxiation/fire/blunt damage based on current ego

Glevich pulls at his humid and bubbling mists, twisting them together and feeding in streams of his 
luminated mist, the air beyond his mists becoming dry and hot. Small spirals of water begin to form 
in the air and dancing outwards along the ground, sucking moisture from their surroundings.

The last of the mists used by Glevich fade from the air, combining to feed the growing spirals of 
water that grow tall and fat, the air becoming hotter and dryer still. With a twist of his arms 
Glevich throws them outwards, dangerous, twisting spires of water spinning about wildly through your 
surroundings.
One of the spires of water grabs hold of you and twists you about, its boiling hot contents 
smothering and choking you as the currents yank and pull at you every which way.

-

Aquoxitism - cold/asphyxiation/blunt damage (further boosted by vapours, pacifism, love, justice
and addiction on target), ~0.5s stun

Glevich exhales a long, slow breath into his mists, willing many of them together. A swirling mass 
of mists churns together, expanding outwards in a chilly fog.

The mists that wash over you and drown out your surroundings become bitter cold, sending chills down 
your spine. A loud clap emanates from Glevich and suddenly half-seen shapes twist through the 
freezing mist, forming and dissolving in rolling waves of chilling elemental energy.
You barely have a moment as gelid tendrils of mist batter and grab at you, pulling you into their 
freezing depths as they smother and threaten to drown you in their half-liquid, half-gaseous embrace.

-

Figures are rough and, of course, subject to change as the skillset is tweaked and (as most hope) toned down a bit. Will update this space with any alterations in the future.
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

Comments

• Is ardentmist a lover's curse (affliction) or forced lust (require reject)?
  • I've been told it's the former. I haven't had the opportunity to grab someone who can confirm it for me yet, unfortunately.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2012
    It is the former, yes.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Jesus, why are aquamancers outbleeding all of Glomdoring combined?

1700 ego drained passively. Sweet jesus.

Sweet baby jesus to the whole thing.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Celina said:

Not sure how Eritheyl is seeing a 1700 ego loss. From all my test it usually maxed out around 600, from testing with myself, Placeus, and Lorina.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

Not sure how Eritheyl is seeing a 1700 ego loss. From all my test it usually maxed out around 600, from testing with myself, Placeus, and Lorina.
    I'm not entirely sure either, but...I saw it!

-

Eritheyl said:
    Neos said:
    Celina said:

I'm not entirely sure either, but...I saw it!
    Still have the log? Who were you testing with? One of the main reasons I held off on putting lines out and such was due to lack of testing and concrete information.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited December 2012
    Unfortuately no, and my testing was with Glevich. And as in my original post, figures are subject to change and tweaking (and a bit of mystery, it seems!). No harm in at least getting the lines out there, regardless.

Also: I'm done trying to use these hilariously broken quotes e_e

-

Eritheyl said:
    Unfortuately no, and my testing was with Glevich. And as in my original post, figures are subject to change and tweaking (and a bit of mystery, it seems!). No harm in at least getting the lines out there, regardless.

Hrm, kk. I'll test with Glevich later than.
    Eritheyl said:

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited December 2012
    Eritheyl said:

Hrm, kk. I'll test with Glevich later than.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Probably % based, explaining why Eri took a bigger hit, given the fact he has fins.
    edited December 2012
    Draylor said:
    Probably % based, explaining why Eri took a bigger hit, given the fact he has fins.
    It was just that once, while the other hits did linger around the 100 or high 600 range, so it absolutely could have been a fluke as well. Just saying, I have absolutely no idea one way or the other just yet! Hence, 'factors unknown'.

CAN'T HANDLE THESE QUOTES.

-

• I took a peek and peaceful sheen definitely doesn't do peace, but ego drain.

If it's doing contrary to that, it's a bug.
    Eventru said:
    I took a peek and peaceful sheen definitely doesn't do peace, but ego drain.

If it's doing contrary to that, it's a bug.
    Luckily, it was doing nothing last night. Glevich was certain that it was -supposed- to drop the peace affliction, so he went ahead and submitted a bug report. I'm also not positive it was doing ego drain either, but if that's intended, fixing the information here!

Thank you :D

-

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    2000 bleeding wot? -_-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited December 2012
    According to @Iosai it's been scaled down a bit, information here is pending changes.

(at least that's how I understood her post on the other thread!)

-

The adjuvants were (unfortunately) never supposed to give bleeding, so the bleeding was removed.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Updated to remove Adjuvant bleeding, changed Pellucid to reported average ego drain rather than my obscure and inexplicable 1700.

-