MD/DC March Meet

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Daevos said:
    I am considering stopping in.
    You need to. I can't be the only black person there!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Neos said:
    Daevos said:
    Daevos better not flake!

But when he does, it's OK Neos - I'm black on the inside.
  • So, I'm quite excited. Llirrirov may be stopping by as well. If folks want to do museums or anything during the day, let me know. Also, I know the cherry blossoms aren't quite blooming yet, but the artist booths at the basin can be an interesting browse if anyone feels like having a peek.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • I'm pretty excited too!
  • edited March 2014
    Snow comes to MD tonight.  The west shore and Baltimore/Towson should still be open, but most of the East shore is uncertain at this time.  I'm not worried since I'm working from home tomorrow anyhoo, but I thought I'd share the ``heads up'' with the more <strike>methodologically</strike> metorologically (stupid spell-checker) challenged.
    </RANT>
  • I'm not overly concerned. The weather reports call for minimal amounts of snow, and the days leading up to the meet look to be in the 50s and 60s. Heck, as of now the day of is sunny in the low 60s.
  • edited March 2014
    Neos said:
    Daevos said:
    I guess I'll make #3. I have an unconfirmed sitter, so I'm going to try to make it. I'm hoping not to be oldest person there :/
  • I am on the bus down.............. this is happening!
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Someone zerbert Mal for me. Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Ok! So this thing is on Saturday! As in, 48 hours away! I figure it would probably be a not terrible idea to exchange phone numbers or something so we can get in touch, yes? Maybe?

If you're gonna be at the meet on Saturday, and especially if you're going to be in DC before the actual meet time, (I plan on being in DC around noon) send me a PM and we can exchange digits!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Do we have an itinerary for Saturday?

What time and place are the DC trippers meeting for museum-exploration?

Nando's is at 6:30pm but Yomoigu said he'll be there at 6pm to make sure we get the table.

Any particular suggestions for karaoke places/bars/karaoke bars after Nando's that are nearby? Celina suggested a gay bar! Should be easy around Dupont.

Who'd be up for clubbing afterward? Maybe even Sunday night? Might be tough after Nando's/bar unless we have a common place we can drop off extra junk at, like cameras/guys' backpacks. I liked Town (gay club) when we went after the DC meet way back when. I also like Phase One but it's a lesbian club and I think any guy has to be accompanied by a girl.

My bus will be at Union Station around noon. I'm up for anything within reason, as I underestimated how much money I would spend between buying my tickets and Saturday. I wish I could stick around until Sunday, but I need to get back to the station just before midnight(I'm Cinderfella!), as my return bus leaves around then.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Neos said:
    My bus will be at Union Station around noon. I'm up for anything within reason, as I underestimated how much money I would spend between buying my tickets and Saturday. I wish I could stick around until Sunday, but I need to get back to the station just before midnight(I'm Cinderfella!), as my return bus leaves around then.
    Don't worry! We'll make sure you have sufficiently fun memories in between.

Do know that if we go to any club, there is nothing that can convince me to dance.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited March 2014
    As far as museums go, I'm always a big fan of the National Museum of Natural History, and the National Air and Space Museum. 

I figure people traveling distances to get to DC would probably be up for lunch, so I'm thinking the first thing we do is grab something cheap for noms before we figure out what all we're doing.

Bumping again for phone numbers. Organizing on Saturday, especially with people coming in to do stuff before dinner, will be MUCH EASIER if we have a way to get in touch that is not the forums XD so inbox me so we can exchange numbers, if you want.

EDIT:

It is supposed to rain on Saturday on and off, with a high around 55, so be prepared for the inclement weather!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
  • Large quantities of alcohol and the presence of numerous individuals of one's sexual preference usually does it for me.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
    Ileein said:
    Large quantities of alcohol and the presence of numerous individuals of one's sexual preference usually does it for me.
    When I said nothing, I meant nothing.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • If you were concerned about nandos drink prices, it's got nothing on town
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Neos said:
    Ileein said:
    Large quantities of alcohol and the presence of numerous individuals of one's sexual preference usually does it for me.
    When I said nothing, I meant nothing.
    A quest?!

@Parua, your proposed itinerary is pretty solid. I don't know DC overly well but meeting up for lunch is solid, so pick a time/place and I'll be there.
  • Kelly said:
    @Parua, your proposed itinerary is pretty solid. I don't know DC overly well but meeting up for lunch is solid, so pick a time/place and I'll be there.
    I came to this thread to make a similar post. Basically I'd probably be up for hanging out early, but I don't know anything about DC, so if someone makes a choice, picks a when and where, I'll probably make it. :D
  • edited March 2014

If I don't show up, it's because I'm watching this, but the current plan is: I'm heading to Gaithersburg to train in the morning, showering there, and then deciding where to go from that point on.
  • Okay! I pick Chop't Creative Salad Company! It's inexpensive, and literally right around the corner from the Metro Station metro stop, so it's easily accessible.

618 12th St NW
    Washington, DC 20005

Please come and join me at 12:30 for lunch!
  • edited March 2014
    Has anyone figured out plans yet? I see lots of things within easy walking distance (< 2 miles) of dupont circle. The weather isn't looking too great, so easy walking distance might be a bit soggy, but we'd live.

A quick scan around google maps shows the white house, the washington monument, lincoln memorial, all those fancy things, plus museums, including the national geographic museum, the smithsonian museums (art, american history, natural history), the national air and space museum as @parua mentioned.

If no one else has made concrete plans, I say we pick a time to meet at dupont circle (or someone suggest an inside alternative for bad weather?), and walk until inspiration strikes us.

Edit: Didnt see Parua's post right above me somehow. Sounds like a plan!
  • I also vote for air and space but don't think I can make 12:30. 2 perhaps? @parua I'm sending numbers to you

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    edited March 2014
    After a rocky start, I am finally D.C bound.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • We will be arriving at 11 after Google said we were crazy to use mapquest, which said 1 pm. We're hitting museum and stuff too!
  • edited March 2014
    I'm collecting numbers as well if anyone wants to meet up before Nandos, after 2pm, so pm me if so? @Malarious ? @Acrune?