is it just me?

I really miss the days when I was a true newbie back when everything was just... woah... I miss the ignorance that made it a memorable time... is it just me?
so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    No. I couldn't grief people as an awe struck newbie.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Being that the OP is still under grace of innocence, I'm quite uncertain how the term 'newbie' does not still apply to him.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:

Being that the OP is still under grace of innocence, I'm quite uncertain how the term 'newbie' does not still apply to him.

Pretty sure that the key word here is "true". He may be a newbie, but is at least heavily implying that he is an alt.
    Elanorwen said:

This is a really relevant contribution to the discussion. Thank you for your insight.
  • I'm not a true newbie I've played countless other MUDs but the IRE are arguably my favorites I miss when I was completely new to MUDs it had a certain... feeling to it that I wish I could know again
    so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing
    I can clobber you over the head with a brick if you'd like. Nothing a little amnesia can't solve.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aaron said:
    I'm not a true newbie I've played countless other MUDs but the IRE are arguably my favorites I miss when I was completely new to MUDs it had a certain... feeling to it that I wish I could know again
    Whenever I feel this way, I read Lusternia's lore, both Admin-made and those in the Libraries. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I find that actually playing Lusternia instead of standing around and  being a part of the scenery really helps me enjoy the little things in Lusternia.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2014
    @Shaddus‌ when you type Characters do you get so many names you dc? serious question
    No, it's only twelve pages. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:

how do you manage... are you serious?
    Aaron said:
    Shaddus said:

No, I'm not serious.

Would you like to see my character list?
  • Shaddus said:
    Aaron said:
    Shaddus said:

No, I'm not serious.

Would you like to see my character list?

would that ruin the whole 'mysteryalt' in your signature ?
    Probably. 

I'm secretly Luxor too.
    Hush Shaddus, you're giving us away. Soon they'll know you play me too.
  • Shaddus said:
    Probably. 

I'm secretly Luxor too.

I'm really starting to think everyone in the game is @shaddus multiplaying
  • Aaron said:
    Only because it's true! I'm even Shaddus!

• Aiyana said:
    Aaron said:
    Only because it's true! I'm even Shaddus!

as long as @Estarra isn't actually shaddus there is still hope ._.
    Estarra isn't Shaddus. Estarra is Roark. Roark is a collective of cats coding away in a small basement in Portland to create Lusternia.

• Shaddus said:
    Estarra isn't Shaddus. Estarra is Roark. Roark is a collective of cats coding away in a small basement in Portland to create Lusternia.

phew we are safe then I am curious about that character list though
  • Shaddus said:

*mails tuna over* Good kitties, write more code.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Aaron said:
    Shaddus said:

I bet you are. Keep dreaming ;)
  • Shaddus said:
    Aaron said:
    Shaddus said:

I bet you are. Keep dreaming ;)

I am guessing it is well over 50?
  • Shaddus said:

why oh why can I not see the picture