Lusternia Sound Effects

Decided to make a new thread for this, since this turned out to be way more fun than I expected and I hope to expand it.

Adds sound effects when you die, kill something, level up, get gold, and lots of aethership things (turrets firing, enemy exploding, siphoning, docking, undocking, creature wandering in).

To install after you download:
1. Open package manager from the menu
2. Click "install".
3. Select sfx.mpackage.zip in the dialog that opens up and click "open".
4. Profit!

Things that will keep it from working:
* unzipping it
* trying to install with the file called anything other than "sfx.mpackage.zip"

Feel free to suggest things that tickle your fancy.

Comments

• what client is this for?
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Parua said:
    what client is this for?
    Mudlet
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    This sadly still does not install for me, even though I do not change the name nor do I unzip it. Using Mudlet on a Mac.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It won't install for me either. Mudlet on Linux.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited April 2014
    You sure you're using the package manager? Mudlet 2.1? Here's what it looks like and where to find it.

packagemanager

EDIT: If I sound repetitive, it's because I don't know what else would be keeping it from working. @Siam installed it successfully, right?
    Belibi said:
    You sure you're using the package manager? Mudlet 2.1? Here's what it looks like and where to find it.

packagemanager

EDIT: If I sound repetitive, it's because I don't know what else would be keeping it from working. @Siam installed it successfully, right?
    That's the one I'm using and it's not working. :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    The zip file does not unpack for me, @Belibi, @Zouviqil. I have to individually install the files and xmls.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Me too. I go to the package manager, click "Intall", browse to the .zip file, click "Open", and it doesn't show up in the list at all.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I attempted to install it, and it did not open whatsoever. It claimed it did, but it did not unpack, regretfully.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • I MADE A BOO BOO FIXED IT NOWWWW.

Link in the OP should lead to the revised file.
    Working. Thanks, @Belibi!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Are you taking input on sound effects to add?

You know, like the Zelda "you found a secret" sound when you open a present?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    There must be a use for "HEY! LISTEN!"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Someone sending you a message? It's easy to lose that in spam!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    The Navi voice should be for people calling out targets

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • I was thinking aol's "You've got mail" for when you get a message/tell and the game isn't in focus. Could use HEY! LISTEN! instead... if someone tells me what that is.

I'd put in the present thing, just need the line for what it looks like when you open one.
    edited April 2014
    Could make the "Hey! Listen!" from Zelda (Navi being the fairy that says it) for whenever someone calls a target on a channel. ^(?:[a-zA-Z ']+): \w+ says, "Target(?:t?ing:?)? (?:\w+|\d+)\."$

I think that's the right regex for it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Only problem with doing it when someone calls a target is when you have 3-4-5 people all calling their target over clan.  There's a reason people from our age group sometimes twitch when they hear that sound.
    It is now working as intended for me! Thanks again, @Belibi!
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Tarkenton said:
    Only problem with doing it when someone calls a target is when you have 3-4-5 people all calling their target over clan.  There's a reason people from our age group sometimes twitch when they hear that sound.
    Right, it would be perfect simulation of the real thing.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    As long as there's an option to turn it off, all my loathing for that fairy.

All of it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Perhaps a sound added for when you successfully bil.. I mean influence a denizen? That is something many of us do rather than hunt, and the sounds are so much fun that it would be very much appreciated. 

• It already does, when you're empowering. Didn't include the others because I didn't know what all of those look like.
  • Thank you Belibi. I have been playing with song clips and now have the most entertaining sound effects for influence ever.

• edited April 2014
    How about when you kill a denizen, it gives the 'win' music from Final Fantasy? And when you kill five or ten denizens in a row, you get the Quake voice saying "Rampage" and "MU-MU-MU-MULTIKILL" if two things get killed at the same time. I just love Quake.
    Retired.
    edited April 2014
    The Music and Shadowbeat skillsets just became more interesting.

#bringShikariback 

edited April 2014
    Ohoho.

I have triggered:

You have slain soandso 

to play this.

edit:

Right, my auric triggers are now Sona-based, while the rest worship Lulu.

#bringShikariback 

If I had all the death lines, I could set up something probably that would cause multiple kills in a timeframe to give the different LoL lines.

Double kill!
    Triple kill!
    Quadra kill!
    Pentakill!
    LEGENDARY!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Zouviqil said:
    If I had all the death lines, I could set up something probably that would cause multiple kills in a timeframe to give the different LoL lines.

Double kill!
    Triple kill!
    Quadra kill!
    Pentakill!
    LEGENDARY!
    Just trigger off the You have slain line.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Neos said:
    Zouviqil said:

Double kill!
    Triple kill!
    Quadra kill!
    Pentakill!
    LEGENDARY!
    Just trigger off the You have slain line.
    That would work if I didn't want it to go off of other people's deathsights.

Though I might die laughing if a ship exploding got the LEGENDARY or GODLIKE line...