New Character Creation Intro

Comments

• The random name generator has a couple of issues: suggests names that are not appropriate (e.g., "Oji") and names that are already taken.

Is it intentional that I cannot log in as the character I just created? I see red text messages in the output window.

• First thing I notice is that the phrase "Password must contain at least two of the following: lower case letters, upper case letters, digits, and other characters (punctuation, symbols, etc.)." linewraps below the visible field.
  • Also, probably unrelated to the character intro, but there's a "0" in the top left corner of the client for me.
  • Might also be nice with a "mute" button available straight away, in case people don't want to listen to the music while they create their character.
  • My not being able to log in is actually probably a result of the firewall at work, but the client could maybe handle such a situation more gracefully and let me know that the connection could not be made.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    So I select an org, and it brings me right away to the name generator, age, and password area.

1. Hitting "random" causes red text on the lower left to appear saying to enter your desired password.
    2. I know from using the in game namegen, the namegen has a set of prefixes and suffixes based off of your chosen race; this does not take into consideration those specifications, and in fact, most of the names seem either Elfen or vowel-heavy in name. I'm not sure if you're using prefix-suffix combinations by just glancing at this, but if you're using something slightly more advanced (like my little language generator I've set up in Processing) then I'd suggest specifying one to four syllables and setting the syllables to be the following (make sure you include the letter Y in both your vowels and your consonants!):
      1. V
      2. VV
      3. VC
      4. CV
      5. CCV
      6. CVC
      7. VCC
    If your generation capabilities for names are more complex than the aforementioned, I can suggest more.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Name generation should be based on race. Race should be picked during character creation.

Please, the way we do it is just so stupid now.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I don't see anything wrong with the way things are set up as it is. The RP centric "newbies" have a namechange if they want a name that conforms to "racial standards" as defined by npc names (which, truth be told, don't always agree on a single standard for every race). This is, of course, assuming that they end up choosing a race for which their original name choice doesn't fit into said standards, for example, a "Cthoglin" character choosing to become a kephera.

Besides, with free reincarnations during grace of innocence, name-and-race synchronization from character creation is simply not going to happen unless the player comes into the game with a 100% sure idea or concept of what race he wants to play. The new system is tailored for true newbies who have no idea of what races have what advantages, and allow guilds to give advice to said newbies before they make their choice. I think it's a great idea and implementation.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    On the other hand, you still shouldn't be starting as a human!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So much agree.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes, with free reincarnations all through Innocence, there is no reason to start everyone as human. Let them start with choosing their race, like they logically should, and they can change it later with no hassle.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.