Login Actions

If I wanted to perform certain actions as soon as I log in

How would that script look?
so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing

Comments

• you could register the event handler gmcp.Char.StatusVars and that would probably run only after you logged in.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited April 2014
    Edit: GRAAAAH at these stupid forums. Seriously, any IRE employee that glance at it, make the frakking CODE button work for frak's sake.
  • Make a trigger on the 'welcome to Lusternia' line. Do your desired actions on that.

PS: We can help you far better if you mention which client you are on, and possibly what actions you'd like to perform. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Rialorm said:
    Make a trigger on the 'welcome to Lusternia' line. Do your desired actions on that.

PS: We can help you far better if you mention which client you are on, and possibly what actions you'd like to perform. 
    Welcome to Lusternia!

send("shout Mother Night, I'm back!")
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2014
    Siam said:
    Rialorm said:
    Make a trigger on the 'welcome to Lusternia' line. Do your desired actions on that.

Welcome to Lusternia!

sendAll("shout Glory be to Magnagora!", "shout Nothing matters but Magnagora!")
    I agree!

Don't hurt me.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    :whipcrack:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Syrennia said:
    Siam said:
    Rialorm said:

Welcome to Lusternia!

sendAll("shout Glory be to Magnagora!", "shout Nothing matters but Magnagora!")
    I agree!

Don't hurt me.
    Won't that result in only one shout due to the spam limit? And I think the order is wrong too, assuming it sends the first and then the second :P 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Magnagora is already superior. We don't need to shout about it.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That is a WOOOOONDERFUL idea. We'll send Aaron to Glomdoring.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • trigger(/Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia./, "ct greetings "); trigger(/Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia./, "qw "); trigger(/Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia./, " ");
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2014
    I made people cry so I'm going to edit this and give them a hug
    It's a legitimate example of how to write code, I don't care what you say!
  • (it's bad code, there are less wordy ways of getting the same result)

It's perfectly fine code! As long as it works, it is good.

Coding snobs.

:|
    Works, and is efficient.  Granted, things that are accomplished in a single line may be machine efficient, but when someone has to come after you and try to figure out what you did...then the efficiency argument goes out the window.

Also, Celina, shouldn't it be ==, not =? :D
  • The code is insulting, offensive, inefficient, and incorrect.

Celina cares what people think.

Tarkenton contradicts himself.

Most of this thread is off-topic. Go figure.

Pardon me, Iasmos.  I mistakenly used efficient the second time when I meant to use clean/clear.  I am so happy that you have descended from your throne to let my unwashed, heathen self know what I have done wrong, so that I may appease the forum gods and thus regain my standing. </sarcasm>

So, to be on topic, Aaron, assuming that you're using mudlet, make a trigger that triggers off of the line Password correct. Welcome to Lusternia.

At that point, if you have stratagems, then you can do something like
    send("sm add action you want to do")
    send("sm add second action you want to do")
    etc.

If you do not have access to stratagems, then things that take balance and equilibrium get a little more complicated.  PM me on here if you wish, and I can throw together an ugly little bit of scripting that will accomplish the job in a highly inefficient fashion for you.
  • I'm simply stating the obvious, and, yes, I realize the irony in doing so.

You say the code works and is efficient, and then you point out that == would be the correct way.

I'm out of practice, I haven't written code in a year. It is  == :(

At any rate, I learned not to get into coding arguments with the coding elite a long time ago. 1) They simply know more than I do and they can generally write what I write in a way that is much cleaner 2) my code still works and is easily understood, so who cares 3) they tend to not understand humor about code.

Emphasis on 3.

• CODING IS SRS BZNS @CELINA!
    IT CAN SAVE YOUR E-LIFE!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I think you are being naive if you think Iasmos post was hating on your code.

Predictably, people rush to defend Celina even though she is publicly insulting Munsia. If the roles were reversed, Munsia would be joining Tetra in the banned section of the Forums and all of you would be hating on Munsia.

But then again, most of you already shame Munsia as often as possible, so I guess it's acceptable to do that on this board.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited April 2014
    Ah, see, stupid english language.  Celina had said that as long as it works, it is good.  My works, and is efficient, was in response to what constitutes good code.  I apologize for jumping down your throat.

Edit: As for the shots at Munsia, I attempt to stay out of other's squabbles if at all possible.  My response was to the code itself, and the argument of good code.  Let Celina and Munsia get it on in a wading pool filled with mud or something, I don't feel the need to white knight for anyone.

I was feigning naivety to be humorous, broseph. 

PREDICTABLY, people are rushing to defend me. Because duh. The sweetheart of Lusternia, darling of the forums, apple of Estarra's eye.

8->

I have taken note of your selective outrage, Silvanus, and edited accordingly. I apologize. Let's hug it out.

• edited April 2014
    someone please close this thread -_- @nocht @Ieptix‌ @Estarra‌ @Yomoigu‌ someone?
    so yeah if I'm unresponsive in game drop me a message here.... chances are I'm browsing
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    /me closes the thread.
This discussion has been closed.