I would buy that artifact IF….. Artifact review.

124»

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I recall Celinawarrior! Man, I'm old.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• No buffs to influence or ANYTHING that has to do with influence. They already make no enemies, use no cures, can give far more, have more buffs that are readily available, and the list goes on.  Influence as is needs nerfs to be on par with hunting, we ran away with influence as superior in every way cept corpse turn ins.

I would buy the scorpion cocktail IF it was a reliable number of affs and didnt cost real balance. As is it does like 1-2 (maybe 3) random poison hits to everyone in the room (including myself, presume allies) and costs balance, with no cloaking of affs as I recall.

I would buy the protean spider if it was like the pouch and could accumulate poisons (up to 6 vials).

Oh yeah and 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Were you a Nightkiss warrior @Celina? Since that weaponaura is equivalent to having free level 2 stat runes. Commune warrior may be more viable than city warrior without runes.

My own experience with warrior runes is that having them means that I know there will still be some wounds on a bodypart after an apply. Without them, a single apply typically clears the wounds, and so outpacing curing is a lot harder against anyone who can slow you from a 3s-ish turnaround on hits to a ~4s balance.
    Ushaara said:
    Were you a Nightkiss warrior @Celina? Since that weaponaura is equivalent to having free level 2 stat runes. Commune warrior may be more viable than city warrior without runes.

My own experience with warrior runes is that having them means that I know there will still be some wounds on a bodypart after an apply. Without them, a single apply typically clears the wounds, and so outpacing curing is a lot harder against anyone who can slow you from a 3s-ish turnaround on hits to a ~4s balance.
    IIRC she was a krokani Mag warrior.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I don't even remember Celina as a warrior in Magnagora.... She was successful without artifacts?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Gloves of Mastery would be worth getting if they also reduced the time between enchantment pulses significantly. As is, though, powerplex jewels are really better all-around, unless you are enchanting constantly...
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited April 2014
    Vivet said:
    Gloves of Mastery would be worth getting if they also reduced the time between enchantment pulses significantly. As is, though, powerplex jewels are really better all-around, unless you are enchanting constantly...

Or unless you use them for multiple trades (they work on alchemy too IIRC) and enchant/amalgamate a LOT.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That said, the same tends to go for enchantment and alchemy themselves too.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah. Having some other effect for alchemists in turn would be nice, but... I don't know what.
  • Vivet said:
    Yeah. Having some other effect for alchemists in turn would be nice, but... I don't know what.
    Maybe let them make bigger batches? (15 or 20 refills per amalgamate instead of 10?)

Or something to do with the chance for sugar to happen? (I would say lower, but sugar is kinda good so maybe raising would be better?)
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tacita said:
    Vivet said:

Or unless you use them for multiple trades (they work on alchemy too IIRC) and enchant/amalgamate a LOT.
    They seem to work for a lot of things... for instance, they also halve the power used to totemcarve, too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Tacita said:
    Vivet said:

They seem to work for a lot of things... for instance, they also halve the power used to totemcarve, too.
    Get that fourth trade skill, Taci. You know you want to.

#bringShikariback 

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Three is quite enough, damnit!
    Oh, I don't know...

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Make all the things, Tacita. ALL THE THINGS.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    If gloves of mastery made enchanting faster (ESPECIALLY damned statues, they take forver) I would be a happy happy camper.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ushaara said:

The stat runes are not the runes that make a warrior "viable" one way or another.  It is the wounding runes which make the huge difference.  It seems an awful lot like people focus on the stat numbers because they are so readily visible, but those few extra points (while they do make a difference) are not the gap between "can" and "can't" as a warrior.

As far as stat runes go, you can temper a weapon to 480 or so IIRC (or you can just keep reforging it and get higher stats that way, though that takes a lot more time).  In order to attach a rune, it needs to be tempered down to 463.  This means that to put a stat rune on your weapon you must lose at least 17 points of stats.  The 5/5/5 runes are a nerf (they are basically pointless to buy, except that they can make the weapon permanent and alleviate some of the tempering down).

You can get decent and competitive non-runed stats on a weapon.

What you can't do is get the +10% or +15% wounding bonus, and that's the part that really begins to make itself felt (especially when stacked with the 2her precision bonus; the Cavalier wounding bonus on top of that is kind of icing on the cake).

If you buy the wounding runes for your weapon, however, you have to temper it down (nerfing the stats), so you would want to buy at least the level 2 stat runes to fix it up again.

TL;DR: Stat runes are cool and will provide a little boost, but they are not really game-breaking in scope.  It is the wounding runes which provide the most significant effect.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Daevos said:
    I don't even remember Celina as a warrior in Magnagora.... She was successful without artifacts?

I was a Krokani BC in Mag, then transitioned to Aslaran AL in Glom for a while. I eventually went back warrior a while later as a PB, moved to the templar briefly, and artied up from the wheel. When I artied up, I switched to BM, but then sold them all because I found it to be hideously boring in group fights. Pinlegpinlegpinleg.

It was a long time ago, but yes. My experience in the arena and in 1v1 practice fights was that I did not require artifacts. If I could predict their stance/parry well enough and track their applications, I could win over time and never felt crippled. I actually learned a lot about coding while I was a warrior. It's a very hard class to learn, and being really good requires a lot of broad spectrum combat know how. You can be successful as a lot of classes just by knowing how your specific class works and knowing how to reach your goal. Being a really good warrior, especially non artied, requires knowing how your specific wounds affect a class. The current problem with warriors is that the strategies are so watered down (partially do to the "warriors suck" whining) that, in my experience fighting them, they stick to the same exact, predictable strategies. As a PB, my focus was more on the arms than the legs. Modern day PBs live and breathe tendon and hackdown.

So the short version is the absence of current highly successful non artied (or even artied) warriors is not representative of how amazing or not amazing they are. Cantors and SS are the best bard specs around but neither have active combatants, artied or otherwise. You also have to realize that active combatants are going to artie up whether it's required or not, because every advantage counts. So saying "name a non artied warrior who has excelled" is a useless question.

As for commune vs city warriors, I agree and disagree. For example, templars can use pure speed weapons with paralysis/stupidity to build illuminate and it's completely viable and hinders amazingly well. Sentinels lack this option. Ur'guard have BC and ecto and balance loss.

• axelord and ecto and balance loss works, but, iirc, they changed bonecrusher wind to not stack for that very reason...and you can't knockdown someone again who isn't standing, so you can't stack knockdown bal loss either
  • I've noticed a lot of complaints about the cost of the Idol. The idol isn't a likely first artifact and given that pretty much everyone can teleport nearby the Fulcrux (teleport artifacts) or can bix (bubble bix to aetherplex, scholar bix to library, vernal bix to avechna, plus cubix/prism/torus), it is a bit of a pricey toy. Most people don't have any frequent need to visit the Fulcux (consider that even if someone used the idol 150 times, they're paying a credit a trip).

Reduce the cost to 100cr add the following syntax: TELEPORT TEMPLE to allow the user to teleport <b>outside of their god's temple. </b> Having the ability to pop close to a temple may be enough utility to make getting the item desireable.