Merian Questions

So here is my wild mind at work and I don't know if it is acceptable. But that is why I am here so everyone can help.

Reading the information on the Merian it tells that the Merian have breed with humans and made human like Merian. It clearly states that you are Merian solely based on the ability to breathe underwater. Is it possible that maybe a Dracnari and a Merian had a child, giving the child the look of a Dracnari except with blue instead of green scales and instead of fire breathing, gave them the ability to breathe underwater? Or am I missing lore where the Merian and the Dracnari hate each other? I mean, if a Dracnari likes to bask on sands be it desert or beach, if one is on the beach a lot then is it not possible since Merian love the water?

And on a note, when doing a description of yourself if you are a Merian, what is too far-fetched that the Universe will just be like "NOPE!" and make you change it? 

Any insight would be awesome.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2014
    Absolutely possible, especially if you RP it out.

Edit: Actually, let me make sure I understand. You want to be a merian who looks like a blue dracnari due to your parents, right?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

You can pretty much do anything you want as long as you keep it in the realm of Lusternian realism. No fire breathing merian, for example.

I guess you can go for a water breathing marine iguana...thing if that's what you want to do.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    I believe that only humans, viscanti and faeling are capable of successful interrelational child-making. So you can have a dracnari that looks really dracnari-ish or human-like, or a merian that looks really merian-like or human, or possibly even a merian that had relations with a dracnari-esque viscanti. That would be the route to go if you had to explain such a thing, imo.

• You are correct Shaddus.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Then yes, that's (generally) acceptable. Just keep in mind that people don't have to RP along with you, and actual dracnari may scoff at your claims.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.