Real World Raves

Comments

• I finally finished finals after an all nighter last night(most of my final exams were actually HUGE take home projects done in groups of two).  I spent from 2:00 PM yesterday to 5ish AM this morning working on model and corresponding database for Accounting Information Systems, only to have Microsoft Access arbitrarly undo all of my work.  Still managed to rebuild it before it was due at 10 am.  Then I went to work, and now I need to go to bed before I start seeing things.
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tickets booked for my flights and hotel for EVE Fanfest next year, a week in Iceland \o/

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RWR: I have fixed the horrible lag I've been having. Was due to improperly shielded wires.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Randomly woke up these past few days in a 'stop being lazy and improve your quality of life' sort of mood. Acquired a fantastic exercise machine from my mother (been using it, too!), finally got around to recoloring my hair so I don't have to wear a hat 24/7, all in all I'm feeling relatively decent for a change :)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Randomly woke up these past few days in a 'stop being lazy and improve your quality of life' sort of mood. Acquired a fantastic exercise machine from my mother (been using it, too!), finally got around to recoloring my hair so I don't have to wear a hat 24/7, all in all I'm feeling relatively decent for a change :)
     If I had a job, my hair would be blue!
  • Someone who found my resume online actually thinks I'm a fit for a position they have... here's to hoping that they're legit when I call in the morning...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Good luck, Maellio!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Hooray, I'm freeee, free at laaaast.

Hopefully I passed all these classes.

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Maellio said:
    Someone who found my resume online actually thinks I'm a fit for a position they have... here's to hoping that they're legit when I call in the morning...

After searching entirely too long I got something. Then after accepting got several offers to things I've applied for half a year ago. It's like uhh thanks would have been nice to have heard something a little sooner when it might have been relevant. Anyways. Good luck!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Okay, so the offer is legit and I've a meeting with the guy [who is indeed a headhunter] on Tuesday. Though now I have a weekend to relearn [or at least re-familiarize with] Android -and- acquaint myself with Jython for his client, which I'm leaving as a tentative rave because yay technically using my degree >.=.<

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    THE HOBBIT
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Everiine said:
    THE HOBBIT
    Just seen, bloody good film.

AND DAMNIT FOR HAVING TO WAIT A YEAR BEFORE THE NEXT ONE.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Eritheyl said:
     If I had a job, my hair would be blue!
    If I -didn't- have a job, my hair would be blue. D:
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Morkarion said:
    Everiine said:
    THE HOBBIT
    Just seen, bloody good film.

AND DAMNIT FOR HAVING TO WAIT A YEAR BEFORE THE NEXT ONE.
    I KNOW. At least the third one comes out six months after the second, not a whole other year.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Graduated with a bachelors of science in computer science.

Mini-rant: Now to find a job....even if it is a temp one to hold me over while I decide if I want to go to get my masters.
    I wish you all the luck, so far I've had the best luck [with acquiring interviews] selling one particular aspect of knowledge [i.e. in my case Python]. So pick something and then aggressively throw your resume at everything even remotely connected to that one thing. ^.=.^;

.oO---~---Oo.

NARF!

• TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited December 2012

Ayisdra said:
    Graduated with a bachelors of science in computer science.

Mini-rant: Now to find a job....even if it is a temp one to hold me over while I decide if I want to go to get my masters.

Something many companies won't tell you is the way applying for jobs online works.  They have word matching they use against your resume. Unless you match 90%+ of the key words they put in, there's a good chance they won't ever look at your resume. So it's a good idea to read through their requirements and try to custom tailor your resume with as many key words based on what they're looking for.

I personally found applying online to be less than helpful, and at times just depressing. Going to career fairs or trying to find stuff through contacts and contacts of friends/anybody you know is far better as it guarantees more consideration than a machine rejecting you before a person even sees it.

Edit: But still send it out online to everybody you can possibly think of ;)

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Every time I put a suit on, I'm surprised by how good it looks.

Clearly I need a job where I wear suits.

• Morkarion said:
    Every time I put a suit on, I'm surprised by how good it looks.

Clearly I need a job where I wear suits.
    Who says? You just need to make the suit part of your style. You could go full Ska. Everyone looks good in a fedora and crisp sneakers.
  • This semester I unwittingly followed malicious advice from a business department advisor and took 2 of the most difficult and rigorous courses offered in the Accounting program(not knowing that they were) simultaneously.  Found out today I passed both of them with an A- and a B.  I definitely deserve it after 4 months of absolute hell.
    Stangmar - Retired

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I got my first PvP pentakill in League of Legends today. Woooo!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Sufjan Stevens has a second Christmas album. :x

I am not a Christmas music enthusiast by any means, but this guy's take on it is just perfect. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes experimental, sometimes not even good, sometimes quirky and campy, always unique.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Just seen Dredd for the first time since I saw it at the Cinema last...July?

Movie's still utterly amazing and it's a damn shame hardly anyone saw it.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'd watch it, but I'm too scared it will traumatize me...

Qistrel said:
    I'd watch it, but I'm too scared it will traumatize me...
    It's just well shot violent action, mixed with some awesome slow motion effects.

Watching the Stallone version of Dredd will traumatise though, not because it's violent, but because it's just awful.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Daraius said:
    Sufjan Stevens has a second Christmas album. :x I am not a Christmas music enthusiast by any means, but this guy's take on it is just perfect. Sometimes beautiful, sometimes experimental, sometimes not even good, sometimes quirky and campy, always unique.
    Christmas in the Room was free on itunes a while back, such a great song.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Back with family for Christmas. Epic raves <3
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2012
    Neos said:
    Christmas in the Room was free on itunes a while back, such a great song.

YES. So sweet and beautiful, but so sad. Probably my favorite on the album.

(Sometimes I think he's trolling his listeners, though)

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I was at a Sabaton show yesterday! It was AWESOME.