Absence Thread

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

So I spent over $800 on my new Lenovo but I ended up sending it back today because I didn't really like it. I've decided on a more expensive Macbook Pro.

Which means waiting a while longer before I am back and active again.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So I was going to take a break then :Dwarf Wars: happened.

Since then there's been OOC bitterness generated venom bleeding into people's IC, accusations of exploiting and cheating just because things people deem "impossible" turn out to be, not so impossible, and people who tell me that my IC actions are dictated by OOC friendships and opinions of people. Thank you for dictating my mindset to me, I'd never be able to think without your unwanted opinions.

Oh and the kicker is being told I don't actually give a damn about the game, when I spend my time OOCly offering advice and help to people on either side of an IC conflict.

So I think I'll take that pre-ascension planned break now.

Not looking for sympathy here, I don't actually want it, I'm just explaining why I can't be arsed logging in for a while. The reason I'm being frank about it is because I'm getting pretty tired of politely smiling and biting my tongue on this, when others clearly can't be bothered.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Hiiiiii. So, some people may have noticed I've been sketchy since Ascension. I've gone back to work after a break during February, and it's clearly being a pain.

Good news! I quit. So in a couple of weeks' time, I'll be around a LOT more frequently. 

In the meantime, if I haven't done something I should have, please send me a message to remind me. I'll be around on weekends and the silly Australian evenings when no one's around. ;_;
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Morkarion said:
    So I was going to take a break then :Dwarf Wars: happened.

Since then there's been OOC bitterness generated venom bleeding into people's IC, accusations of exploiting and cheating just because things people deem "impossible" turn out to be, not so impossible, and people who tell me that my IC actions are dictated by OOC friendships and opinions of people. Thank you for dictating my mindset to me, I'd never be able to think without your unwanted opinions.

Oh and the kicker is being told I don't actually give a damn about the game, when I spend my time OOCly offering advice and help to people on either side of an IC conflict.

So I think I'll take that pre-ascension planned break now.

Not looking for sympathy here, I don't actually want it, I'm just explaining why I can't be arsed logging in for a while. The reason I'm being frank about it is because I'm getting pretty tired of politely smiling and biting my tongue on this, when others clearly can't be bothered.
    OOC Venom bleeding into IC, from IC actions? Say it ain't so. We should just have a big post talking about what happened. :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Going to be scarce from Thursday to Tuesday, flying out to Montana for dogsledding, liquor, snowmobiling and liquor!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:

Going to be scarce from Thursday to Tuesday, flying out to Montana for dogsledding, liquor, snowmobiling and liquor!

Have fun!
  • Back! Although I'm working full time so I'm tired all the time.
  • Not really a proper absence, but I will be MIA for a few more days, friend of mine is getting married so this week has been full of prep and dealing with flowers and all of that nonsense. It'll be all over on Sunday!
  • I noticed, that I am more productive earlier in the day (and given that I have two deadlines, which will decide if I am able to stay in my MA program - note to self: do not try to do the last term of a BA and the first MA simultaneously - I really should be productive), so I decided to change my sleeping schedule. That (probably) does not mean that I am around less, but due to the timezone I am in, I probably won't be visible that much.
  • I fell on my hike this morning and dislocated my kneecap, so I am pretty much down for the count for a few days. I know a couple of people are waiting on things from me - will try to get those emailed/messaged from my laptop whilst laid up. :/
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    I fell on my hike this morning and dislocated my kneecap, so I am pretty much down for the count for a few days. I know a couple of people are waiting on things from me - will try to get those emailed/messaged from my laptop whilst laid up. :/
    Ouch! Hope your knee gets to feeling better soon.
  • Talan said:
    I fell on my hike this morning and dislocated my kneecap, so I am pretty much down for the count for a few days. I know a couple of people are waiting on things from me - will try to get those emailed/messaged from my laptop whilst laid up. :/
    Oh no! Speedy recovery, Talan. :(
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Talan said:
    Missing you already. Get well soon. :(

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I am taking a break for two days. I will not be logging into Lusternia. Thank you.
  • Talan said:
    I miss you. :( Come back soon, please!
  • Not going to be around much, probably not coming back for a while, if at all.  State of game and roleplay is leaving a stale taste in my mouth.  I would like to have some kind of drive to play Lusternia, but there is no reason for me to login outside of Valtreth, and I do not see him around much.

Nothing progressive is happening, same old hackneyed conflict; riding the treadmill of essence I am locked into by influencing guards all day, being scryed and summoned by tag-teams.  Boring nonsense.  Call that a sour grapes gripe, but it is what it is.

Peace out.

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'll be sparse for a few days, my parents are coming to stay and I absolutely adore them, so I'll be doing the social thing and talking to them without a computer in front of me. Won't be far though! Still checking in!

• Talan said:
    Feel better!

(eat marjoram)
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I'm having a really hard time getting myself to stay logged in for any length of time right now.

I'll be keeping up with messages and such, but for an indefinite period of time, I will be much scarcer than I have been since making Parua.

Here's hoping I can shake this off soonishly and get back to playing.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • I know this is more of a departure than an absense, but meh.

I'm going to be trying to break my MUD habit again, probably by going cold turkey.

It's kinda hard, I have great fun playing, and have interacted with some wonderful people, but in the long run I'm fairly sure it's not been helping me with my introversion, which causes me a certain degree of RL trouble, and I know ultimately where my priorities are. It's been a ball, and eh, I'll probably catch some of you around. Or I might fail to quit and come back, who knows.

Laters.
    Please note: I deliberately play a very flawed character. Just because he says or does something, does not mean I agree with it. He's a bit of a <censored> really
  • I haven't been around much lately, this is due to that nag of a neighbor we've all got 'real life'. Over the years I've perfected the ability to ignore 'real life', but as we all know, nothing lasts forever.

Therefore I'll be taking a break to take a second look at the things I never looked at in the first place. Once I've sorted things out, perhaps I'll be back. Until then I'll be logging on for messages, making sure my beasts don't die and the odd conversation with people I enjoy.

It's been fun!

"But paradise is locked and bolted...

We must make a journey around the world

to see if a back door has perhaps been left open."

-Heinrich Von Kleist, "On the Puppet Theater"

• Laysus said:
    I know this is more of a departure than an absense, but meh.

I'm going to be trying to break my MUD habit again, probably by going cold turkey.

It's kinda hard, I have great fun playing, and have interacted with some wonderful people, but in the long run I'm fairly sure it's not been helping me with my introversion, which causes me a certain degree of RL trouble, and I know ultimately where my priorities are. It's been a ball, and eh, I'll probably catch some of you around. Or I might fail to quit and come back, who knows.

Laters.
    You'll be missed D:
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Apparently I'm leaving this afternoon for this weekend long work thing as a last minute replacement for one of my coworkers. No idea how around I'll be. I was also traveling last weekend, and will be next weekend as well. I was really looking forward to having a weekend off and catching up on things like laundry, friends, reading and lusternia.
  • I'm going to continue to be scarce until a week from Monday. We're hosting a major conference at work this week, and then I have a (very much needed!) vacation planned.
  • edited April 2014
    I know, I know, I just got GA. However I am moving this Friday and although the internet people have confirmed an appointment for the following day to have everything connected at the new place, I just want to give you a heads up just in case it doesn't go to plan.

Edit: So at best I'm gone for Friday/Saturday/possibly Sunday with packing, moving, unpacking, at worst it could go on into the week while I'm scheduling a new appointment with the internet company and getting furious at my landlord.
  • In two days or so I'm gonna have to be leaving for the rest of the week. hnng.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tacita said:
    I will be fully properly can't-even-check-messages absent from tomorrow until late Saturday because I will be time travelling.

(I mean flying back from Sydney to London, but it's absolutely totally the same thing).
    Farewall, past person. We hope you enjoyed your time in the future.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Though Holy Week is nearly at an end, fiancee is in town visiting, so I will be pretty scarce this week.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    This weekend I'll be gone this Thursday-Monday (April 24-28).

Then the following weekend I'll be gone Friday-Wednesday (May 2-7).

May or may not be checking messages during either absence, couldn't say for sure.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.