Descriptions: From Divines to Mortals, and Beasts, and Items, and Mobs, and Places!

Comments

• No, it's in, um, the Shallamurine Cathedral.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited April 2014
    Giant and oddly specific request:

I need descriptions and race info (where relevant) for @Eritheyl as he was in Hallifax, @Shuyin, @Viynain, @Astraea, @Ixion, @Kelly, Morkarion pre-TA (@Karlach), @Maellio, and @Thul.

For absolutely no reason. No. I'm not plotting anything. Honest. >.>

ETA: Found Maellio's and Morkarion's and Viynain's! My logs were much more useful than I expected :D
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    As for me:

She is a noble merian lady vernal ascendant changeling and carries herself with a 
    militaristic composure. She has a large stature for her race and is well-fit, tempered 
    from the rigors of battle. Darker brown hair is tied together at her back and complements 
    her deep brown eyes. She bears all of the resemblance of her merian heritage, with a blue 
    complexion and sleek features conducive to aquatic adroitness. She is wearing the Doctoral 
    Tam of the Anomaly, a magnificent suit of stellar white full plate, the Mantle of 
    Starlight, 2 red scabbards with white flames, Gloves of Harvesting, a commemorative hoop 
    snake hoop through her left ear, a mottled bloodstone watch, the Incandescent Bracers of 
    Vernal Might, an eternity knot wedding band, a coral and emerald engagement ring, a 
    changeling cameo, 2 star-etched jade rings, a pair of Winged Sandals of Haste, 2 star-
    etched coral rings, the Charm of the Clangoru, mechanical spurs, a star-etched opal ring, 
    a shroud of shadows, a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, the Pearl Sandals of 
    Vernal Haste, a set of clockwork goggles, the Gauntlet of Dragon's Breath, a star-etched 
    sapphire ring, a white celestial scabbard, the Medallion of Chaos, a nacreous pearl 
    thunderhead brooch, a dapper, seafoam-banded black felt hat, the Holy Helm of Avechna, 
    militant prayer beads of the Even Bladed, a dangling strand of polyhedral beads of 
    semiprecious stone, an angel-winged brooch, a celestial pentacle brooch, a star-etched 
    amethyst ring, a winged greathelm of the elysian, a star-etched emerald ring, a durable 
    emerald green pack, a burnished silver pendant of fowl play, an opalescent white knight's 
    coat, a dark sapphire brooch shaped into a shield, a brooch bearing a star emblem, a 
    ridiculous pig nose, the Commandant's Sash, the Commandant's Knot, the Commandant's Medal 
    and Spectacles of Clairvoyance. She walks with the truefavour of Estarra.
    Thank you!
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2014
    @Tacita, I'm not...sure if anything exists with that old description. Though, hit me up and I'll give you as many details as I can remember.

Edit: At least, after you tell me what you're doing with my likeness.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I'm terribly curious as to which description you have of Mael...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

I have two! A furrikin one and a human one:

He is a bouncing furrikin demigod and resembles an obscenely overstuffed otter, whatever sleek musculature once shared with his mustelid kin long engulfed by the formless rotundity of his prodigious girth. A thick fur the colour of roast kafe clothes him tautly, blending to a creamy vanilla fluff atop his blubberous bosom and around a snaggly-toothed muzzle ensconced in a veritable forest of greying whiskers. Perched beneath bushy eyebrows of equal whiskeriness, eyes of amber colour and almond shape regard his surroundings with unblinking attention, their sharpness a contrast their surrounding wobbling softnesses.

He is an ordinary human changeling and glances about with implacable curiosity and mirth - standing near seven feet in height, he sports a broad build as well-toned as it is well-nourished. Patches of bright emerald scale freckle his dark olive skin, tiny arboreal trails accentuating musculature and blubber alike. Thick salt-and-pepper hair tangles down to his shoulders, framing a pair of amber eyes perched atop a face more bulbous muzzle than snout and cheek, the unkempt beginnings of a beard bordering a truly mischievous grin overfilled with pointy fangs.

Your descriptions are some of my favourite ones ever, as it happens :D
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Did anyone manage to grab Mer-Carakhan?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Zouviqil said:
    That seems like a remarkably sure way to get speared by a trident. :|
    Xenthos said:
    Zouviqil said:
    I meant her description!
  • Zouviqil said:
    Xenthos said:
    Zouviqil said:
    I meant her description!
    Luckily for you, Raeri put up a statue...

She is a radiant immortal and washed in the colours of the sea. The shades of
    Her skin ebb from matte turtle shell to glistening seafoam, drifting in gradual
    waves over Her arms and face. Her appraising eyes are the white-capped blue of
    stormy waters, sharp features in an otherwise gently rounded face. Tight curls
    of kelp-brown hair, tamed briefly into a loose bun, ripple down Her back until
    they reach the transition from flesh to aquamarine scales. Doubling Her height,
    Carakhan's tail tapers gradually before flowing into a slightly paler, striated
    fin, triangular but rounded at the corners. She is wearing an effulgent string
    of freshwater pearls, an ivory cape trimmed with gold and an abalone cuirass.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Xenthos said:
    Zouviqil said:
    I meant her description!
    Luckily for you, Raeri put up a statue...

She is a radiant immortal and washed in the colours of the sea. The shades of
    Her skin ebb from matte turtle shell to glistening seafoam, drifting in gradual
    waves over Her arms and face. Her appraising eyes are the white-capped blue of
    stormy waters, sharp features in an otherwise gently rounded face. Tight curls
    of kelp-brown hair, tamed briefly into a loose bun, ripple down Her back until
    they reach the transition from flesh to aquamarine scales. Doubling Her height,
    Carakhan's tail tapers gradually before flowing into a slightly paler, striated
    fin, triangular but rounded at the corners. She is wearing an effulgent string
    of freshwater pearls, an ivory cape trimmed with gold and an abalone cuirass.
    Thank you for posting, and thank you @Raeri for making the statue!
  • edited May 2014
    I feel suspicious @Tacita. But here I am.

She is a nimble shadowcaster faeling silent demigoddess and stands regally 
    posed, a veil of blonde hair framing her entire body as it floats eerily around 
    her, writhing and twisting to interlock with the shadows that linger around the 
    edges of her person. Woven into her hair are numerous blackthorn blossoms, their
    blooms full and glossy, their forms oozing with a soft, sickly sweet smell as 
    the thorns attached to the flowers entwine themselves securely into the golden 
    locks that surround them. She has deep blue eyes that glitter with flecks of 
    effulgent mauve and pinpricks of silvery starlight. Her black-stained lips are 
    thinned and eternally pursed even while her cheeks are high and dimpled. Lithe, 
    pointed ears of her racial ancestry rise to prominence through the voluminous 
    waves of hair, their tips peaking out above the glorious mane that would obscure
    anything less. Petite arms connect to slender hands that are adorned with long, 
    deadly looking nails that gleam menacingly as shadows ooze from them, coating 
    her hands in stygian black darkness that could otherwise be mistaken for gloves.
    A single tightened braid of silken web has coiled itself firmly upon one of her 
    fingers, its glittering strands pressed securely against the flesh. Her skin is 
    ghostly and pale, shrouded nigh completely by the ropes of lusciously writhing 
    hair that shift unbidden about her form. Ethereal bat-shaped wings adorn her 
    back, their span almost double that of a normal faeling. Her wings are sheer, 
    almost translucent, small motes of shimmering substance gleaming upon their 
    thin, seemingly fragile flesh to mimic the appearance of the stars in the night 
    sky. She is wearing a midnight and nightshade wedding band, a phantasmal shroud 
    of shadows, Ebon Prayer Beads of the Silent Lord, a scented cloth bracelet 
    entwined with spice bouquets, a sweeping ice-blue gown draped in exquisite 
    silver lace and black high heel shoes with a silver buckle.

Edit: I have a thing for hair. Awk.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I feel like these must have already been collected and stored elsewhere, but I'll post them here anyways:

the Lavender Staff of Living Beauty

This long staff has been fashioned from silver, decorated wildly with living lavender, each blossom 
    shimmering with an ethereal radiance. Much of the staff has been fashioned with impossible whirls, 
    swirls and whorls, their centres ever moving farther and farther inwards as the eye chases it. The 
    bottom of the staff has been fashioned into a needle-like point, etched with gold and lavender runes.
     Reaching skyward and etched across the whole of the staff are great silver vines from which the 
    living lavender blossoms, converging at the top, forming a cradle. At the centre of the cradle is an 
    eye fashioned from rose gold, its pupil ever shifting and gazing about serenely.
    It weighs about 18 pounds.

the Effervescent Orb of Eternal Beauty

Crafted out of some type of crystal, this orb's depths cannot be seen. Great, swirling clouds of an 
    effervescent silver mist tumble and churn, often erupting with gold-flecked lavender streams of 
    light. Each beam of lavender light that pierces the crystal walls casts a marvelous display of 
    rainbows and gold-flecked ambience across the orb's surroundings, accompanied by the melodious voice 
    of a lone songbird. Occasionally the orb judders, the mist within pushing outwards and churning 
    against its holdings, followed by the strangled cry of a flock of sparrows.

the Feathered Diadem of Elusive Beauty

Great lengths of molten silver twist and arch, molded into a frame. Sweeping, beauteous plumage 
    arches along the upper brow, manifesting an ever-changing array of colours, shimmering and dancing 
    with a life of its own. A vast array of silver beads and crystal teardrops hang along the lower edge,
     splitting light that passes through into a vast and shifting display of swirling rainbows. Central 
    to the diadem hangs a silver-crafted eye, glowing with a soft, lavender light flecked with rays of 
    gold.
    It weighs about 4 pounds and 11 ounce(s).

• Jadice's healing shrine! So pretty!

A soothing chill permeates the area, bringing with it a rime of sparkling frost cast by a healing shrine of Jadice nearby.

A conical ice crystal erupts from the ground, shimmering with inner light. Butts of frost billow off of the surface, leaving a glittering rime of sparkling ice that settles on the surrounds.

Perfectly conical and smooth, this ice crystal erupts from the ground amidst a butt of off-thrown, icy fog. Frost settles across the surface like minute diamonds, glimmering in the light of a soft, cobalt light that burns with a steady radiance from the heart of the shrine. Smaller satellite crystals ring the base of the central spire, their surfaces reflecting back the illumination at the heart of the formation.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I think @jadice miiiight have gotten slightly autocorrected from bursts to butts.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's funnier the other way :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Mysterious blue robes hide the majority of the features of the Avatar, but despite this powerful 
    lancelets of pure energy pulse from his every being. Runes inscribed along the edges of his clothing 
    glow in response to the constant emanations of his forceful aura that flicker across his form. 
    Silver fire outlines the edges of his hands and the raw power bound within this Avatar seems to be 
    barely restrained, seeking to burst free at any moment.
    A mystical Avatar of Avechna does not even register your presence as a threat.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shikari's new cloak, the beastskin cloak of the Primari.

Its ragged hem falling to the knees, this flowing cloak boasts plush black fur rippling with Void dust - a testament to the nature of the beast from whence it came. It falls across the body at an angle, covering the shoulders and right arm to the elbow, but leaving the left arm exposed entirely. Strips of black leather, their ends adorned with curiously shaped fangs unlike any possessed by mortal animals, secure the pelt at the left shoulder. The cloak's underside is simple cured hide dyed black, though the leather's surface is pockmarked and reptilian.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Me, yo.

He is a fiendish undead master viscanti and stands at just under 6 feet tall. His form is thin, but not to the point of malnourishment like some, and he has a bit of muscle tone. His visible viscanti traits include fingers that end in sharp claws and a small pair of horns that juts out from his forehead. His hair is straight and neck-length, and colored a deep black just like his horns and claws. No detail can be distinguished of his face, as it is presently completely covered by the crimson mask he wears, save his horns. His skin is a pale, mottled grey, with a slightly darker tinge where his veins come near the surface. Unlike some viscanti, who possess wings and tail naturally, his are a gift from the dark lords he serves. The wings are notably more demonic and less bat-like in form, with each bone of the wing ending in a sharp, pointed horn-like structure, and the wings themselves being large and strong, unlike the weak, useless wings of some lesser viscanti. His tail also is of markedly different appearance than those grown naturally by his kin; it is lined along the entire length with small spiny scales and ends in a sharp, serrated spike with channels that slowly ooze a likely toxic secretion.

Well, the best description of me that most people will get. I look a lot different without my robes and mask on.
    The drone, the whistle, the thundrous sound;
    It seared their eyes, it shook the ground.
    One hundred thousand voices lift,
    While ashes like dirty snowfall drift.

The clouds of purple glowing gas,
    The tiny sun is rising fast.
    Your star...
    Is on the rise.
  • I love this design of armour so much that I need to share it. Karnagan is so talented.

Huge, strong plates of gold dominate this set of fullplate, lovingly
    crafted in the style of the ancient Ur'Guard. The quality of the gold
    clearly shows it was purified by an extraordinarily skilled metal
    worker, and the power of the Taint has served to twist the light
    reflected by the precious metal into a darkened hue. The broad shoulder
    pauldrons smoothly curve into a resilient collar for neck protection,
    and this neck guard is welded onto a thick wall of auric steel used for
    the chest and back plating. Along the back plate and shoulders, a
    variety of scenes have been painstakingly engraved to perfection. Upon
    each of the shoulder pauldrons, epic battles of antiquity have been
    detailed. Meanwhile, the back plate boasts an intricate design of an
    Ur'Guard knighting ceremony, and the triumph shines through in the
    posture of the orclach subjects in this powerful rendition. Upon the
    elbows and knees, steel chain mesh supports smaller, curved golden
    plates. Brutal curved blades arc away from the elbow and knee pads,
    adding a decorative touch to the armour, as well as a deterrent to a
    hasty attacker. The front of the abdominal plate has been shaped like a
    set of well-defined abdominal muscles, and a careful assessment of the
    back plating finds no gaps for a weapon to strike against flesh. The leg
    greaves are mighty, built for particularly large and powerful limbs, and
    the toes of the shimmering boots end in cruel spiked tips. Etched on the
    leg greaves are depictions of great orclach smiths, masterfully shaping
    tools of war from raw materials. A cursory examination of the inside of
    the armour reveals an additional, thick layer of steel underneath the
    gold, clearly for additional reinforcement. The interior is then lined
    with multiple layers of thick silk, to provide maximum comfort and
    flexibility in battle. Silver runes have been painted on the forearm
    plates and the neck guard. These are orclach runes, reminiscent of those
    worn by the shock troopers of Shallach.

Huge, strong plates of gold dominate this great helm, lovingly crafted
    in the style of the ancient ur'Guard. The quality of the gold clearly
    shows it was purified by an extraordinarily skilled metal worker, and
    the power of the Taint has served to twist the light reflected by the
    precious metal into a darkened hue. Expertly crafted, the face plate has
    been formed into the visage of an orclach skull. Leaving no gaps for a
    weapon to strike flesh, the eye sockets of the skull have been fitted
    with two lenses of ruby to allow the wearer vision, whilst protecting
    the eyes. A cursory examination of inside the helm reveals an
    additional, thick layer of steel underneath the gold, clearly for
    additional reinforcement. The interior is then lined with multiple
    layers of thick silk, to provide maximum comfort and flexibility in
    battle. Silver runes have been painted across the skull's brow. These
    are orclach runes, reminiscent of those worn by the shock troopers of
    Shallach.
  • Ooh, as long as we're posting designs we're proud of, here's two of my best:

Appearance:
    a regal suit of Luciphagean garb
    Dropped:
    Noble even when discarded, an august suit of clothes lies in a pile of white, black and gold.
    Examined:
    The finest silk available has been formed lovingly into this ensemble. A
    doublet of midnight ebony covers the torso, with gold-rimmed onyx
    buttons accenting the gold line that travels down the wearer's chest
    just to the left of their centre. A cord of silk, dyed to match the
    auric accent of the buttons, wraps about the waist, its tasselled ends
    dangling to the wearer's knee, also not quite centred upon the body.
    Beneath the belt, and also of silk, a luxurious and wide pair of pants
    billow outward, their ebon colour a match for the rest of the outfit.
    They are tied tight about the ankle, their bottoms taut about the ankle
    and secured with gold buttons. All of these are beneath a grand and
    thick mantle, formed of heavy leather and worn like a heavy, august coat
    over the entire ensemble. An impressive white mane of some baleful
    creature's fur warms the neck and accents the cuffs, providing the eyes
    a bit of a break from the black-and-gold motif of the rest of the piece.
    The mantle is obviously meant to be worn open; no securing mechanisms of
    any kind are visible. It, too, is midnight black in colour, and its
    inside is lined with gold silk.

Appearance:
    horrifying robes of the Devourer
    Dropped:
    Resembling nothing so much as a pile of random flesh, a set of robes lies festering here.
    Examined:
    Mottled green and sickly yellow scraps of cloth have been sewn together
    in haphazard and unpredictable ways, appearing almost as if dregs of
    diseased flesh simply decided to congregate of their own accord. The
    robes are baggy, draping off the wearer's flesh in uneven tatters. Some
    are short and supple, whipping about persistently with each movement of
    their owner, and others are long and ragged, dragging on the ground and
    accumulating all manner of fluids to display quite clearly where the
    wearer has been, and what offal they may have trudged through. While the
    outward appearance is one of ragged refuse, beneath the many layers of
    cloth, silk and worse is a complete silk robe, ensuring no draught or
    untoward glance deters or distracts the wearer from the pursuit of their
    ambitions. Perhaps the most impressive thing about this robe is the
    silhouette it gives to its wearer: that of a misshapen, obscene mass of
    tentacles and fleshy protrusions, ever shifting and writhing horribly.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hey does anybody have that 'dangling modifier charm' or whatever it is? You know the one...
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • You look at a crude Magnagoran gas mask that Kalnid is wearing:
    This rust-red leather mask is designed to wrap tightly over the face.
    The eye holes are sealed off by a thin layer of dark crystal and two
    flat, circular appendages hang down from where the mask covers the
    mouth. The appendages themselves are outlined in the same red leather
    but consist mainly of thin cloth, apparently meant for the wearer to
    breathe through.

Such glorious ghetto-steampunk.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I want to share!

an ambrosial suit of dandified confection

Undeniably the pinnacle of saccharine couture, this ensemble embraces a
    certain flair that tempts not only the eye, but so too the sweet tooth
    of the wayward onlooker as well. Lightweight silk tailored to a slim fit
    about the torso swathes the wearer in the soft pink of fresh-spun cotton
    candy, appearing every bit as delicate and refined as the sugary treat
    through generous ruches and draping, filamentous thread hung across the
    narrow side panels. Though ultimately sleeveless, this vest-like garment
    is instead accentuated further with bold red twists of cloth slung from
    shoulder to bare elbow at the longest tier, gracing the upper arm with a
    chic interpretation of roped liquorice. Gemstone nubs overcast by cubed
    flecks of diamond dust line the sloped neckline in mimicry of multi-hued
    gumdrops, this motif carried with larger representations that serve as
    the vest's buttons. Not to be outdone, the lower half of the ensemble is
    no less splendiferous or sweet; velveteen trousers akin to gingerbread
    in both colour and texture are hoisted high in the clutch of peppermint
    stripe suspenders and gathered in voluminous ruffles below the knee. The
    seams are demarcated with four-ply yarn in stark white and complementary
    magenta, its puffy thickness offering the semblance of icing piped atop
    the fabric. The scents of sweetness, of baking and festivity and comfort
    cling to the weave of this attire from top to bottom, as if each of its
    components were steeped in the very essence of the treats they resemble.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I liked this bracelet which Ayisdra and I worked on:

1. Appearance:
    2. a preserved spider bracelet
    3. Dropped:
    4. Eight glassy eyes glare from a spider bracelet that lies forgotten, looking too alive to be dead.
    5. Examined:
    6. Crafted from a dead spider, this bracelet is a trophy as much as it is a
    7. piece of jewellery. The spider itself has been preserved in a round
    8. shape and fashioned so the underside is flat, perched upon a lustrous
    9. gold base. Eight leering eyes gaze outward into different directions,
    10. indifferent to the arachnid's repose. Attention to detail is evident in
    11. this jewelry's inception as its scythe-like chelicerae, multitudinous
    12. setae, glossy exoskeleton, and distended thorax alike betray no hint of
    13. its unlife. Despite being preserved, its segmented legs are quite
    14. limber, fitting perfectly around and against the wrist, no matter the
    15. girth.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• A few rays of icy green light dance here gracefully, cast by a shield shrine of Jadice nearby.

Equations swirl over the perfect sphere of a protection shrine of the 
    Frost Queen, gleaming a cool, icy green that coalesces over the translucent heart of this massive 
    orb. Hovering many handspans above the ground, the globe turns slowly, implacably, casting the 
    mathematical illumination like a beacon.

Glimmering silently across the surface of this hovering globe, equations twist and rearrange 
    themselves in a stately fashion. Although seeming to be continuously on the verge of coherence, they 
    never quite settle into a single framework. Their delicate green luminescence throws patterns of 
    light and shade which dance over the surroundings, giving a sense of watchfulness. The interior of 
    the sphere is transparent and flawless.
    It weighs about 375 pounds.

Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."