What Gaudiguch quests reward progress towards an ikon?

edited October 2012 in Q&A
I have been doing most of the power quests in Gaudiguch and have yet to receive an ikon piece including feeding wads of flesh, putting essence in the nexus, and influencing initiates to get obsidian stones and giving them to Drachou.  I have done these quests more times than I like to think on.

Can we please get some command or better indicator on our progress towards an ikon piece please?

Best Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2012 Accepted Answer
    They're looking into giving you a "ping" to inform you that you're making progress.

However, you won't get an ikon from doing a quest every time.  They just give you progress towards the next Ikon, which appears to take 200 points worth of "questing" to achieve.

Every mote of essence put into the nexus = 1 point.  Doing a quest gives more, variable amount, based on its difficulty and repeatability.

Once you get to 200 points, you get an Ikon and the remainder rolls over.

The only quest that gives a full 200 points is the prophecy.

My speculation would be that the Nomad camp quest (completing the Hand for Gaudiguch) gives a lot of points though- as one possible option.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Accepted Answer
    The best way I've found to determine if a quest works thus far is to turn in ~190 essence and then do the quest.  That's how I've been identifying the list of Glomdoring quests.
  • Accepted Answer
    Handing in flesh should work for you. Handing in crystals got me my first Hallifax ikon, though I had to hand in silly large amounts of them. I can't say for certain about initiates, but I suspect they'll add to it. You have to do the quests a lot in order to get an ikon.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.